PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm not bitching about anything, I think that my criticism was respectful and constructive. I don't know if you are in an stressful moment or what, but I never tried to put your work down, actually I praised some virtues of it. The fact that I consider myself a fan and I like your work it doesn't mean that I have to love all your renders. Why I express myself about this render? Because it seems to me too artificial (plastic) and I explained my reasons.

The matter with Vicky's face isn't about the lighting, it's about that her face looks with lack of volume and relief. Look this examples:

View attachment 876600 View attachment 876601

In both cases I prefer the first photos, because the more photoshopped ones lose three-dimensionality, you can see it in the contourns of the nose, lips and eyes, therefore, they look unnatural. That's why I used the term plastic.

Today we see a lot of highly photoshopped images in magazines and internet, many people prefer those, that's why there are too many, it's a matter of taste. I like the more realistic ones, that's all.

Respecting to the orange light, it also looks artificial to me.

Actually, this statement gives me the reason. Why? Because the sunlight is more powerful than the bulb light, so the atmospher and colour of the light reflecting in the wall should be given by the sunlight (a cold or white one) and not by the bulb light (a warm or orange one). There's a technical term known as colour temperature: "The colour or warmth of light is ranked on a scale, The Kelvin scale, the warmer the colour the lower the colour temperature. Candles being around 2000 degrees Kelvin (k) while daylight typically 5500 – 6500k. The majority of LEDs are produced to be either 2700k, 2800k, 3000k, 4000k or 5000k." That means that the daylight has more colour temperature than the bulb lights, so that's what decide mostly what will be the colour in the wall.

I will give you some real examples:

View attachment 876642 View attachment 876644 View attachment 876656 View attachment 876657

In other words, the higher amount of sunlight, the lesser amount of orange in the walls.

Could we get a place with the light divided as you have it? With orange and white light? Yes, but the sunlight should be very low, it should iluminate vaguely the walls and there should be a great amount of bulb light, not like you did it:

View attachment 876670

You have said yourself that you pay many attention to the details, so I think that discussing this things isn't something bad or a way to attack you or your work. These topics can be interesting. I value your work and your effort, what I'm saying is that maybe sometimes you exceed the elements implemented, to my taste. Can you prefer a more artificial look to your game? Absolutely, it's your taste. That's all. When someone expresses that he has another aesthetic taste it doesn't mean that you are wrong or you need to change.
You've clearly spent a lot of time trying to make your points. If you are this meticulous in analyzing the work of some VN developers, are you developing your own VN? Following the threads and all the lighting comments makes me think that you are working towards something, not just pulling out an extremely granular comb to assess the work of others. I've seen people get paid to produce less detail in an assessment of digital content so - what's the end game?

Sexy_Divya

Aug 1, 2017
Mrs Ava Myers is the mother from the 2nd side job, who is a professor of Western (Occidental) Philosophy and single mother of four. She has a daughter Leah, college age, who is studying linguistics, and as far as we know, is currently in Japan. Her other children are all underage sons, named after apostles, who know so little about sex, they ask Sophia to teach them sex education.

According to L&P, there will be event in the 2nd side job at some point that will be "freaking hot". Personally I'm hoping that Leah turns out to be a cunning linguist, otherwise hold no interest at all in the 2nd side job
Now I get it, I personally didnt like the premise of the second side job, but I do hope that it turns out great.

EDIT:
Sexy_Divya, it is a requirement of the forum that all posts in languages other than English have an English translation. What was the conversation you were having with dr.akhibadge about? He doesn't seem to understand providing an English translation
That was a conversation in Hindi, a language spoken in India. It was a fun & harmless conversation, will use English translations next time.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Now I get it, I personally didnt like the premise of the second side job, but I do hope that it turns out great.

That was a conversation in Hindi, a language spoken in India. It was a fun & harmless conversation, will use English translations next time.
Considering the premise of her main job just seems to be completing Aiden's tasks, even that one bores me.

That was Hindi? I understand smatterings, having Indian friends that speak it. I thought I could at least recognise some of it, but neither myself or Google Translate can recognise it as such. Last I heard from dr.akhibadge, it was some North Indian dialect. But yes, English translations, even if bad Google Translate ones, is required. Personally, as long as we get the gist, it's all good, but getting even that from dr.akhibadge is an uphill battle

Sexy_Divya

Aug 1, 2017
Considering the premise of her main job just seems to be completing Aiden's tasks, even that one bores me.

That was Hindi? I understand smatterings, having Indian friends that speak it. I thought I could at least recognise some of it, but neither myself or Google Translate can recognise it as such. Last I heard from dr.akhibadge, it was some North Indian dialect. But yes, English translations, even if bad Google Translate ones, is required. Personally, as long as we get the gist, it's all good, but getting even that from dr.akhibadge is an uphill battle
Honestly, there was no point translating our conversation. We used Hindi slangs which only Hindi speaking people would enjoy. Google translate would definitely fail at that. :p

Reactions: nexer

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Honestly, there was no point translating our conversation. We used Hindi slangs which only Hindi speaking people would enjoy. Google translate would definitely fail at that. :p
Compared to other languages, English is easier. We all, non-native speakers, are lucky with this.

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Google translate failing at translations is entirely why I'm curious and asking for translations now. From what I've picked up from my Indian friends, Indian mythology is full of stories of Kalima, Padima, Draupadi, Akka Magadevi etc, of women being all kick-arse and taking no prisoners. And considering I don't play the Aiden or Bennett route, that's exactly the kind of Sophia I like.

Reactions: Sexy_Divya

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
thanks, cool, glad things are processing on hiring a writer, prob will be ages before any real benefit from this.

Not sure how I feel about smaller updates, I prefer to see the same size of updates faster. smaller updates most likely lead to people complaining about lack of content, so does smaller updates really resolve anything? Not convinced it does.
The bigger problem will be if smaller updates don't decrease significantly the time we wait between updates.It shouldn't be anymore 3 months between updates.

i want sophie alone with that cute redhead. :cry:
@Old dog true sophie is more into shota boys. :ROFLMAO:
Isn't shota boys just wrong?It is like you are saying VIP person.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The bigger problem will be if smaller updates don't decrease significantly the time we wait between updates.It shouldn't be anymore 3 months between updates.

Isn't shota boys just wrong?It is like you are saying VIP person.
I agree on the update time and he is looking into releasing this update in 8-10 weeks,I can't remember what date he started work on this update.
Since the move may have messed up his schedule a bit, I will wait for the noon update and see how fast it goes,all of this could really depend on the size of the update. For instance Sams concert,evening event, may turn out to be bigger than the Julia/Ellie/Sophia event.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I agree on the update time and he is looking into releasing this update in 8-10 weeks,I can't remember what date he started work on this update.
Since the move may have messed up his schedule a bit, I will wait for the noon update and see how fast it goes,all of this could really depend on the size of the update. For instance Sams concert,evening event, may turn out to be bigger than the Julia/Ellie/Sophia event.
That is another problem of the game.There should be not even a single event in the game that will take more than 2 months.If he can't make even the biggest events no more than 300-350 renders we have a huge problem.

Reactions: daksmkadfad

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
That is another problem of the game.There should be not even a single event in the game that will take more than 2 months.If he can't make even the biggest events no more than 300-350 renders we have a huge problem.
Well after the Vicky/Sophia event we will only have two events left, Liam (Good Wife route) OR Don Morello and they are supposed to be not that big

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well after the Vicky/Sophia event we will only have two events left, Liam (Good Wife route) OR Don Morello and they are supposed to be not that big
I was talking for the Sam event you mention.And not only that.He really should try to not bloath the events beyond 300-350 renders no matter how much he want.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I was talking for the Sam event you mention.And not only that.He really should try to not bloath the events beyond 300-350 renders no matter how much he want.
As you have said that not bloating the events over 300-350 renders,for evening event,could help in time between updates.
I was using the other events as an example of how the evening could push updates further a part.

Last edited:

abram1

May 24, 2020
As you have said that not bloating the events over 300-350 renders,for evening event,could help in time between updates.
I was using the other events as an example of how the evening could push updates further a part.
Also created scenes will play a part
Old dog, what are you thoughts on Alyssa/Zach relationship? Is there any way that something is already going on between them behind the scenes and we, as outside observers, can't see it till Sophia gets really involved with either or even both of them?
It would be nice to hear Alley_Cat's opinion as it seems he knows literally everything about those two.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Old dog, what are you thoughts on Alyssa/Zach relationship? Is there any way that something is already going on between them behind the scenes and we, as outside observers, can't see it till Sophia gets really involved with either or even both of them?
It would be nice to hear Alley_Cat's opinion as it seems he knows literally everything about those two.
If you are thinking of a 3some between Alyssa/Zac/Sophia, sorry it is not going to happen as further along in the game you will have to chose between Alyssa or Zac not both.
As for Alyssa and Zac having a sexual relationship there is not evidence in the game to back this up.
This is the latest information that I have concerning Sophia/Alyssa/Zac.

Last edited:
Reactions: abram1

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
1603897698723.png

Zac is interested but Alyssa not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Chateau
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes