Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
3 years so far (2 for the current Ren'py version), but at the current rate of development, if each day continues to have as many events and side stories in it, it will take more than 10 years to be completed.
This can be assumed! And when asserting this, it is necessary to indicate that this is an assumption, and not an established fact!

abram1

May 24, 2020
Well the website you sent, shows he's lost 150 patrons. So confirming what I'm saying

Anyway, are you happy with a game taking 10 years to be made? And paying $100 + for that wait.
Do you even know what an uptrend is? Or an exponential growth? We may both look at the same graphs seeing different data. I highly recommend clicking on the "All" button before jumping to any conclusions. Or is that way too tough to grasp for a guy making more than $10k per month?
I'm paying jack shit for this game, pirating it from this forum like the most of us, let's start calling things by their names, so where did you get the $100 number, I wonder? My life, shock and awe, doesn't revolve around AWAM, so the timing is irrelevant to me. If I need to wank, I'll find other means to do that.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This can be assumed! And when asserting this, it is necessary to indicate that this is an assumption, and not an established fact!
The only thing that can't be established is whether or not the number of events per day will lessen as the days progress in the game. However, if things continue as they are right now, those numbers will be fairly accurate because it's maths, and the maths doesn't lie here.

Even if L&P were to get the events per day down to around 3 or 4 from Day 20 onwards allowing them to produce one full day per update, you're still looking at around 2028 as the completion at the earliest.

As I said, the maths doesn't lie.

brainman

Aug 2, 2020
The idea that 10 years has stopped being a joke and has slid into becoming an established fact is pretty damn funny. Undertale, Stardew valley, Braid, there are countless more examples of fully completed games that have been completed in near the same amount of time as AWAM has been in development. All with a one person dev team. If you really believe that AWAM is so intricate and expansive that it will take longer to develop then games like that then your just delusional at this point.

Reactions: hmc15

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
The only thing that can't be established is whether or not the number of events per day will lessen as the days progress in the game. However, if things continue as they are right now, those numbers will be fairly accurate because it's maths, and the maths doesn't lie here.

Even if L&P were to get the events per day down to around 3 or 4 from Day 20 onwards allowing them to produce one full day per update, you're still looking at around 2028 as the completion at the earliest.

As I said, the maths doesn't lie.
Listen, I've read clever, sensible things from you more than once, but now it's as if a completely different, unintelligent youngster is writing! Is it you?

How seriously can you say that if he shortens the plots and the like?
And we can probably say that the development of the game will take 10 years or more! But on one condition! If nothing changes! Do you understand this?

So who can give any guarantees for tomorrow? This is incredible stupidity. Sorry, but I can't understand this.

This has nothing to do with math! Everything can change tomorrow! Not to mention the fact that tomorrow may not come for some of us. ((

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Listen, I've read clever, sensible things from you more than once, but now it's as if a completely different, unintelligent youngster is writing! Is it you?

How seriously can you say that if he shortens the plots and the like?
And we can probably say that the development of the game will take 10 years or more! But on one condition! If nothing changes! Do you understand this?

So who can give any guarantees for tomorrow? This is incredible stupidity. Sorry, but I can't understand this.

This has nothing to do with math! Everything can change tomorrow! Not to mention the fact that tomorrow may not come for some of us. ((
And I'm not really sure what you're saying here, but to try and explain it once more, what I'm saying is that if things keep going the way that they are (L&P working as a one-man team, updates being 1/3 of each playable day, each update taking around 3-4 months each), then mathematically speaking, it will take more than 10 years to be completed. Those numbers and calculations do not lie.

Unless L&P can figure out a way to produce their renders faster (lighting, posing, set designing, etc), or they hire people to help them (unlikely), or if they are somehow able to get the updates down to one full playable day per update at some point, once certain side stories have played out and all that's left are the core characters, it's really not going to be done any sooner and will likely take as long as I've calculated.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
And I'm not really sure what you're saying here, but to try and explain it once more, what I'm saying is that if things keep going the way that they are (L&P working as a one-man team, updates being 1/3 of each playable day, each update taking around 3-4 months each), then mathematically speaking, it will take more than 10 years to be completed. Those numbers and calculations do not lie.

Unless L&P can figure out a way to produce their renders faster (lighting, posing, set designing, etc), or they hire people to help them (unlikely), or if they are somehow able to get the updates down to one full playable day per update at some point, once certain side stories have played out and all that's left are the core characters, it's really not going to be done any sooner and will likely take as long as I've calculated.
Your clarification radically changes the essence of your statement and it is impossible not to agree with it.

abram1

May 24, 2020
Not to mention the fact that tomorrow may not come for some of us. ((
NOOOO! Please, I beg you, tell us, give us some hints or signs.
Is Skynet about to launch its nukes?
Or the asteroid is about to collide with this planet from the blindspot?
Is it too late already to sign up for the SpaceX program?
To what god should I pray, to all of them at once or is there any particular order?
AWAM won't be completed by tomorrow, does that mean we've lived our lives in vain?
Is your source of info credible, can we trust him/her?
Don't make me wait, tomorrow is nigh. Should I get high if the end is nigh?

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro and Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
NOOOO! Please, I beg you, tell us, give us some hints or signs.
Is Skynet about to launch its nukes?
Or the asteroid is about to collide with this planet from the blindspot?
Is it too late already to sign up for the SpaceX program?
To what god should I pray, to all of them at once or is there any particular order?
AWAM won't be completed by tomorrow, does that mean we've lived our lives in vain?
Is your source of info credible, can we trust him/her?
Don't make me wait, tomorrow is nigh. Should I get high if the end is nigh?
Your comment deserves a kind smile! I must tell the moderators to add a smiley face with a kind smile. This :ROFLMAO: smiles so viciously, just unbearable.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
How do you know? Don't get me excited!
I think sex with another man will take atleast 3-5 more updates. Meanwhile she may be open to show herself to others. Or to Dylan or Sam atleast.
You are so wrong with 3-5 more updates.
3-5 more updates is day 12 and day 13.No way she will have sex with anyone on day 14.
The best you can hope is Bennett on day 17.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I swiftly checked some of the above mentioned games and while, obviously, I can't say nothing about complexity of the story, the visuals nevertheless ... well-well-well. Probably you're a fan of anime girls in short skirts, but you can't seriously compare apples to oranges. Ain't talking about various engines. I bet my ass it takes more time to render 1 AWAM image than in any of those games, even made with DAZ, as their quality is not on the identical level.

Perhaps you don't know this, but L&P works as a lone wolf. Some other games being created by teams, at least those devs aren't afraid to seek help on the side, if needed. That's the worst part of this game.

The most peculiar thing is that AWAM offers a complete taboo as a main feature, intimate relations with both (!) of her children, the neighbors' kids, her own sis and who knows who else. It's absolutely laughable reading about whether or not this story is intricate enough, as this thread wishes to chop and simplify the game starting asap (not gonna happen according to L&P).

Milking. Admit, you're a bit jealous, as he makes +$10K per month, while you're writing about this bs here. Patrons are happy, he ain't complaining, end of story.
Sometimes I think how easy it is to be totally misunderstood, but considering your tone I think you are this passive-aggressive because deep down you know I am right on this.

I had a laugh, that you seem to think I am jealous of L&P. It does not impact me one bit if he makes 1€ or thousands. If he makes alot of money good for him. My beef is with the anormal development time, no matter that he is alone (interesting thing that he names himself something that implies more people than just one) and makes high quality renders.

As for art quality, you are sadly mistaken if you think that the pics from e.g. Summer pockets are so much faster to do and of lesser quality. Esp. since some of the VNs I mentioned are older ones like Little Busters, and that is still great. Here are some example pics. Anybody saying these have lesser quality than AWAM is willfully unfair!

Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes