BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Patron: Hire someone to help with renders.
L&P: No. It wouldn't work with my process. I write and render scenes simultaneously.
I remember saying he could render has he designs, just let someone else render.

"It wont do anything as he renders as he designs"
More than a year later and its clear that the design moves when the rendering is not moving and the rendering moves when the design isnt moving.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Synthesizing a little: Quality will not decrease, He will not hire anyone.
What remains? That the distance from A to B doesn't go through C/D/E...., and to be as straight a line as possible.
Nothing. He most likely won't do anything.
Patrons will be fed up and leave while new patrons come in. It's a perpetual cycle until eventually L&P is bored of doing this/life gets in the way etc.

It'll start with more excuses each cycle until he's launching 1 update a year and then eventually it just fades off.
It's the same in 99% of these situations where the developer lacks the mindset to discipline himself.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
So on one post you're here bashing (and liking comments doing the same) whoever wants him to develop faster without decreasing the quality of his renders and now you're proposing a survey to lower the quality of the renders? Logic = 0

Decreasing quality isn't the answer for someone like L&P, decreasing quantity is.
This is going to be another update that I open the images folder, see the thumbnails and plenty of the images will look the same. The problem with L&P is that in his mind quantity of renders = good, hence why whenever an update comes up he says "with 12390823 renders, 14% more than last update!!" like anyone cares about that.

The only thing that stands out in this VN compared to other games is render quality and you want to take that out? Doesn't make any sense.

This is the way, has to be the way. Fixed version updates, I guess it's the only way he can be measured when developing.
There were links on here about Quality vs. Quantity. Did you not ready L&P response to that post? If not or didn't see the post, here is the link again.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/post-3931853

L&P:
"That quality goes hand in hand with quantity is what you say. For me, quality is the fastidious work on every single render including everything from the lighting over scene subtleties to the smallest pose and expression detail. The quantity is just a byproduct which emerges by the amount of renders I need to tell a scene!"

The short story is his quality is based on what he needs to make it stand out. So L&P may need 1 render or 10000000 renders in his eyes.

The reality here is that someone would need to review scenes of his novel and find out which scene has multiple renders that may be similar in nature and show him that his quality of that scene wouldn't suffer if he removed a couple here and there. He did propose this once, that if someone would show him the scene they feel was not need and explain it to him, L&P would, in turn, explain why he needed it.

So the issue at hand here isn't just the render count; it's trying to convince him that his Quality will not suffer if images were removed over all that can afford to be removed, as the quantity or render count is the byproduct side of it.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Synthesizing a little: Quality will not decrease, He will not hire anyone.
What remains? That the distance from A to B doesn't go through C/D/E...., and to be as straight a line as possible.
I understand, but! He has already tried to hire someone and is still doing. Maybe we will all be lucky and he will find a sufficiently qualified assistant who can be trusted.

As I said, this is not easy, especially if you have high requirements. Unfortunately, many do not understand this, they think that it is very simple.

For example, I could help him with text and dialogues, but not in English. :(

So, we have just that case when it is much easier to criticize than to understand the depth of the problems that the L&P has to solve. I'm not even talking about doing the work in conjunction with L&P.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Nothing. He most likely won't do anything.
Patrons will be fed up and leave while new patrons come in. It's a perpetual cycle until eventually L&P is bored of doing this/life gets in the way etc.

It'll start with more excuses each cycle until he's launching 1 update a year and then eventually it just fades off.
It's the same in 99% of these situations where the developer lacks the mindset to discipline himself.
Possibly.
There's another option, he's moved into a new house, has a mortgage, and he is thinking of prolonging the game while the mortgage lasts. Because starting another game has a dose of risk.

• Haha
Reactions: Bane71

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Image quality is not the issue and never has been. If L&P now has four RTX 3090 cards (no reason to doubt this, btw) that's more than enough power to render pretty much whatever at ultra high resolution and gazillions of passes.

Some users have demonstrated that the 720p can be upscaled faster with excellent results than rendering in higher definition. Fine, whatever.

My fear at the time L&P announced his hardware investment was that they would spend the time savings on higher resolution, more tinkering, more renders and, as recent teasers have confirmed, bigger and more complicated scenes.

If we're already dissatisfied with the development cycle can you imagine what happens if/when L&P starts working on animations? Hardware can handle it no problem, but setting up the animations and test-rendering them, re-tinkering and adjusting? Never mind the learning curve...

Yikes.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
There were links on here about Quality vs. Quantity. Did you not ready L&P response to that post? If not or didn't see the post, here is the link again.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/post-3931853

L&P:
"That quality goes hand in hand with quantity is what you say. For me, quality is the fastidious work on every single render including everything from the lighting over scene subtleties to the smallest pose and expression detail. The quantity is just a byproduct which emerges by the amount of renders I need to tell a scene!"
apparently it's you that didn't read it.

L&P says: quality is the fastidious work on every single render including everything from the lighting over scene subtleties to the smallest pose and expression detail

This is what can't change has it's the only thing setting this VN apart from others.
Imagine telling a guy who's OCD on lights and rendering quality to render with less quality and look at mistakes and not fix them.

It's quantity that should reduce. What he needs is less rendering/better story telling.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Image quality is not the issue and never has been. If L&P now has four RTX 3090 cards (no reason to doubt this, btw) that's more than enough power to render pretty much whatever at ultra high resolution and gazillions of passes.

Some users have demonstrated that the 720p can be upscaled faster with excellent results than rendering in higher definition. Fine, whatever.

My fear at the time L&P announced his hardware investment was that they would spend the time savings on higher resolution, more tinkering, more renders and, as recent teasers have confirmed, bigger and more complicated scenes.

If we're already dissatisfied with the development cycle can you imagine what happens if/when L&P starts working on animations? Hardware can handle it no problem, but setting up the animations and test-rendering them, re-tinkering and adjusting? Never mind the learning curve...

Yikes.
Animations is going to be the begining of the end for this if he doesnt hire someone to do them.

Regarding the GPU upgrade, I agree. The hardware upgrade was supposed to help in the dev cycle but it terms of timings, it only did worse.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
apparently it's you that didn't read it.

L&P says: quality is the fastidious work on every single render including everything from the lighting over scene subtleties to the smallest pose and expression detail

This is what can't change has it's the only thing setting this VN apart from others.
Imagine telling a guy who's OCD on lights and rendering quality to render with less quality and look at mistakes and not fix them.

It's quantity that should reduce. What he needs is less rendering/better story telling.
Read it again... I can only assume English isn't your first language.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
I didn't realize that it had updates in march...
Could someone please tell me what is new from 0.100 to 0.115?
OP says nothing.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Read it again... I can only assume English isn't your first language.
"So the issue at hand here isn't just the render count; it's trying to convince him that his Quality will not suffer if images were removed over all that can afford to be removed, as the quantity or render count is the byproduct side of it."

You're right, long day here.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
You know he's a bit like the friend we all know who tinkers in his workshop alone, and sometimes does extraordinary things. He wants to try a lot of things and would be incapable of trusting, giving or receiving even relevant and legitimate instructions. Unable to work as a team because so many ideas come together
View attachment 1132567
He's that one code monkey in his 40s with 2 decades of experience that sometimes pull brilliant shit out of his ass but that no sane company would even think about putting in a management position.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I didn't realize that it had updates in march...
Could someone please tell me what is new from 0.100 to 0.115?
OP says nothing.
The 0.115 update came out at the end of December. An Ellie shower with some new revelations, and trip to the sauna with Vicky and her boyfriend, and either surprising Liam at work or visiting Don Morello's brother in prison.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
For me personally, the problem with this game is not the distance between updates, but the following:

- Lack of progress in the plot and character development per each update.

The plot has frankly stood still for years.
Instead of developing existing characters, the author constantly introduces new ones, moving wider and not forward.
The main character does not develop and stands still.
The main theme of the game is corruption. For 5 years, very insignificant steps have been taken in this direction.

I am not an expert, but in my opinion, in general, there are 2 types of development - fast updates / slow plot and character development; and lengthy updates / major steps in the development of the plot and character.

- Frankly weak writing.

The author copes relatively well with female characters and staged scenes.
But the men in this game are frankly weak in terms of writing.
Ask yourself the question, which of the male characters can Sophia look at and get horny and wet?
Who can she fall in love with and call the man of her dreams? Minor boys?

- The pride of the author, bordering on selfishness.

Development speed issues are obvious. And if he was thinking about fans, he would have had several assistants long ago.

He would just step over himself and do what he should have done a long time ago.

I'm not saying that he milks the project, the quality of the picture is obvious.
But it is quite understandable that with such a speed, in the next 10 years he will not have problems with money.

And I don't want to offend anyone, especially since I just started reading you, and I like your thoughts and communication.
But sometimes I just find it funny because of the level of naivety and your selfless faith in the author, when the problems are more than obvious.

Moreover, at the time when the Free Pass (After Choices) game appeared, which is compared with the visual part, and at least so far is devoid of all the above drawbacks. There, for now, the author shows how to make this type of game.

Sorry for my English.

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019

Yikes.
It seems to me that L&P did say that he would do animations but when the game is over.
And that he will find someone to do them because for him, it's too high.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes