SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Is v.055 a legitimate update, or is it just an update hotfix for v.05? Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, I'm still fairly new to F95Zone.

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
So 0.055 was my first playthrough of this game/novel. And I have to ask, is anything ever going to actually happen here?

Reactions: GeorgeGold

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
day 6 of 30. yes but is a very slow game.
Day 6? I saw "Day 14" flash up on the screen toward the end of the current version. Well, flash is a bit optimistic, more like ooze. The transitions are very slow.

But don't get me wrong -- I like this game, I like the story, and want to see what happens next. It's just that there is an awful lot of content here so far, with almost no "reward."

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Day 6? I saw "Day 14" flash up on the screen toward the end of the current version. Well, flash is a bit optimistic, more like ooze. The transitions are very slow.

But don't get me wrong -- I like this game, I like the story, and want to see what happens next. It's just that there is an awful lot of content here so far, with almost no "reward."
yes is day 14 for a time jump of one week in game.my bad is day 7 (bah first part of day 7)of 30.

Kaigels Sempai

May 24, 2017
Guys why when i open the game(i downloaded the crunched version) it says it couldnt execute. [A_Wife_And_Mother-0.055-pc-crunched\lib\windows-i686\A_Wife_And_Mother.exe Is it missing?] Its shows that

B

BigWamanHunter

Guys why when i open the game(i downloaded the crunched version) it says it couldnt execute. [A_Wife_And_Mother-0.055-pc-crunched\lib\windows-i686\A_Wife_And_Mother.exe Is it missing?] Its shows that[/
Your rar file is corrupt or you did not extract it properly...... Same shit happens to me if i pause n resume while downloading from mega

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Is there an easy fix for this error? Thing is, I definitely have gone the correct route with the daughter, so I should be able to access the shower scene here. Unless this is something that will be fixed with the future update? Thanks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Never mind. I just went back to Day 12 and played through while making the same choices over again.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think that the main issue with the update is that the developer is so utterly allergic to lewd content and nudity, that he ends up missing a lot of great opportunities along the way. He doesn't need to deliver on sex outside the marriage yet - it's too early for that, but he could at the very least craft scenes that are dripping with eroticism and subtext, and not just casual scenes that serve as exposition dumps, and don't advance the story or the characters.
The main case for this is the shower scene between Sophia and Ellie. It's a great set-up, and carries a lot of potential for playful banter between the two, but the developer absolutely turns it into a long-winded dialogue scene about Ellie's dating preferences. I was sort of expecting either Ellie or Sophia to "drop the soap", and catch a glimpse of the other one's body, but nothing came of the shower scene - other than more set-up (which is getting old by now).
The same applies to the scene between Sophia and Alyssa at the soccer field. It absolutely serves no purpose - the dialogue itself is irrelevant enough that the developer merely described it as "two friends who are getting along very well with each other". Why not have them at the very least make plans for a girls' night out, away from their families? It would certainly be more set-up for future updates, but it would create forward momentum in the relationship.
Another issue is that the developer promised there would be 7 scenes but it seems he's counting small sections of the story that shouldn't be considered as such. For example, the dentist's appointment and the postman scene were unnecessary - just more casual info dumps. As far as I can tell, there are four scenes only: Sophia showering with Ellie, Dylan at soccer practice, Sophia eavesdropping on her neighbors, and Sophia sunbathing. Where are the rest?
This update was hyped up to be the "beginning of Ellie and Dylan's paths", and it somewhat succeeds on that front (Sophia and Ellie will shower together from now on, and Sophia made a bikini deal with Dylan), but it's riddled with most of the same issues of incredibly slow pacing and lack of forward momentum. In reality, this update didn't feel any different than the previous ones, aside from the fact that the developer has cut down on unnecessary renders.
All in all, it was a somewhat disappointing update - even with the lowered expectations from the developer's own posts, but I'm holding out hope for Vicky. With the exception of Patricia, she's the one character who has gone the farthest with Sophia, so I'm hoping the shopping/workout scenes will deliver on more sexual tension and playful flirting. If they end up showering together (not likely, I know), it would definitely defy expectations, and push things forward.
Well said. The scene with Sophia and her husband in the good-wife path showed that the dev can render and write a hot scene, but "missed opportunities" are mounting, and I'm wondering if he's capable of building the tension he'll need for the next few updates before eventually ramping things up, which no one expects to happen until 2019 at the earliest. The earlier scene where Sophia spies on Ellie and her friend talking about liking girls, for example, just felt flat. The two didn't need to "do" more than touch each other's arms, but the descriptions and dialogue and looks they give each other could have sparkled with something, and they just... didn't. The early pool scene with Ellie and Sophia was pretty hot early on (relative to the progress of the game at the time), but since then the erotic tension hasn't increased. I know what I'm not getting when I download each update, so I haven't been disappointed yet, but I am getting worried that when it's eventually time, the skill isn't there to build a believable bridge between the characters as they are now and how we hope they will be toward the end.

Reactions: datastorm3600
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes