Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019

Sophia/Dylan event teaser. Only for you!
Biggest spoiler teaser I posted so far where you can read more than necessary.
I ask you neither to share nor to talk about this teaser on any pirate or forum site! It's just for you. If you wanna talk about it than on my Discord channel in a closed society! If anyone still shares it somewhere in the internet or reveals anything about it, there won't be any "small spoiler" teasers anymore in the future! Which also means none for "hotter content" later in the game!
I think many misinterpret what L&P means.

Let's forget the story that the game could be abandoned, that it will take more than 20 years to finish blah ... blah ... blah ...

For my part, here is how I understand it:
When the story is advanced to the stage where Sophia will have sexual relations with other characters, it is obvious that the scene will be more than explicit and of course, knowing that Sophia, now sleeps with whomever we want according to our choices,

L&P could put some hot teasers since at this stage of the game, there will be a lot of event concerning Sophia and her extramarital adventures.

It is I think, of these teasers there that he speaks.

And not, as many might believe, removing all sexual content from the game.
It would be stupid of L&P to do that, it would sign AWAM's death warrant.

Here is my opinion my friends :)

Last edited:

roro

May 29, 2017
Considering what we know about the teaser and the grandiose hyping by L&P before, this is not a Pizza Hawaii (which I really like), but barely a Margherita!
I haven't seen this grandiose hyping by L&P, can you please show us?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I sincerely don't know what some of you are looking for from a teaser. Do you want nudity? Sex? Eroticism?

Personally, I don't really have a problem with the teasers. Would I pay for them? No. Would I pay extra like the Legendary Patrons did? Absolutely not. But as teaser images, they showed me all I ever expected- nothing. In my opinion, a teaser is an image that gives away nothing of importance, but does give you a VERY general idea of a scene. So whether it's Sophia and Aiden on the motorcycle, or Alyssa and Sophia touching hands, or today's teaser, they achieve their very modest goal.
Clearly some of you guys want more (and some of you don't want teasers at all). I'm not challenging you, but after everything we've seen from L&P, what do you want from his teasers? What are your expectations? Do you want to see more spoilers? Do you want to see more sexy stuff?
If L&P were in front of me right now, I would suggest to him that he maybe reel in his hype for his teasers because it seems to be doing more harm than good. Clearly he hyped up today's teaser, and all it shows is Sophia and Dylan walking home in a cute, if slightly suggestive, manner. To me that's a fine teaser, but clearly he hyped it up as something exclusive and that raises the bar. If he just stopped doing that, I think he'd be a lot better off.
Hi! In my opinion a teaser is something to generate interest and show a hint of what is to come. So if L&P gave out that new teaser freely, I would have been happy and commented on it, what might be the background of what we see, because that is all a teaser should do, generate interest and show something new, which is what that teaser does.
BUT L&P priced it insanely high, said it would be hot and revealing crucial storylines, even threatened his customers and audience and then - delivered a pic not worth a single dime! The pic is harmless, miles away from hot and reveals nothing substantial about the storyline,that is nothing more than a standard teaser! Calling this pic hot and story revealing is a bad joke, false advertising and were I a 30€ patron of him, I would kick his ass for threatening me and the audacity to price this teaser so high! And then pull the plug on this guy, because threats for a drivel like this? I would terminate my patronage directly, a person like L&P can go sit on a tack! Threats to people for a teaser that does not deliver what it´s supposed to be and is priced outrageously? There are people who already paid L&P the equivalent of several Top-level games and they have to hear threats from him, for something not worth a minute of lost sleep? That was not an update, but a single teaser pic, not even delivering what it should have!

For what the teaser was priced and advertised, I would expect something at least strongly suggestive or alternately a story reveal that is on the line of "Never expected something like that!" But the teaser is very harmless and the story reveal so meh, it is a bad joke from L&P to not give it out for free.
I am 100% sure that in the "super secret" discussion thread for the teaser in L&P´s discord there is yawning emptiness now, because there is nothing worthy to gleam from the teaser at all.

Am I thinking too hard about this? I am probably guilty of checking out to early on this teaser for reasons stated earlier. But....
Just noticed... Calling it biggest spoiler teaser... He posted earlier what he was going to do.... now, asking for people to not talk about... Shh... wants it to be a secret...
I have to ask the obvious "big picture" question. What is the purpose of a 'teaser' if nobody talks about it??? Wouldn't that in itself be a failure?
I hope this kind of confusion is not contagious. Is this something I am not aware of in the world? Promo teasers becoming a trend worldwide where the goal is that nobody will talk about it? What am I missing here?!
I am wondering if someone got ahold of someone else's crack and started smoking it!!!
Please, for the sake of your game, talk about it. WTF!!!
No need to be confused! L&P simply lost it, threatening to saw the branch he is sitting on.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
It seems like the pressure put into L&P has started to affect him. Put yourselves in his position, he is making a game that many people like, that is very popular, but still he looks like he is the villain or something, based in all the complaints and bad comments about him. The most of us would like that he would be faster, yes, but he isn't. He has a way of doing the work slowly, it's part of his personality, the same personality from where this game that we like came from.

So, it's time to start thinking in a better way of commenting about him and being more polite in our criticism. We think that if we complaint constantly, he will be faster, but excessive attacks against him can end in all the opposite. Look what happened with Icstor (Milfy City):

To think that if L&P just keep doing the development the way he is doing right now, the game will somehow get finished is just naive. Realistic project planning is not a "nice to have" but a necessity.

In some way, L&P suffers from the same problem as Chris Roberts with his SC development. They both are some kind of "creative minds", both with an good idea, but at the same time incapable to keep there project in an realistic size, so that it has a chance to ever be finished. Holding on to something like that is the same as dreaming of something that is impossible. You don't pay the money for an honest project, you just pay to upholding an illusion.

I think the criticism should be even more pronounced. There needs to be a realistic overall plan, something from which everyone can see that this project will actully get finished. I think his current and also his former supporters (myself included) are entitled to way more honesty. Even with crowdfunding, what really counts in the end is what is actually produced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toushiro
Jun 28, 2020
I think that this whole teaser is a joke or a test, there is too much noise around nonsense, I have nothing against the developer, I do not even criticize him, I just follow the project, sometimes I go to the forum, but the idea that this is some kind of secret teaser and it can not be published, well, very naive.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I haven't seen this grandiose hyping by L&P, can you please show us?
Just look at his SubStar page e.g. "Biggest spoiler teaser I posted so far where you can read more than necessary." And at earlier times he announced a hot and revealing teaser.
As far as hot goes: There must be several hundreds or thousands of times daily where Moms and Sons, Dads and Daughters, Brothers and Sisters or Friends come home arm in arm like this. as I wrote before, German afternoon TV has hotter stuff than that!

Reactions: Toushiro

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Just look at his SubStar page e.g. "Biggest spoiler teaser I posted so far where you can read more than necessary." And at earlier times he announced a hot and revealing teaser.
As far as hot goes: There must be several hundreds or thousands of times daily where Moms and Sons, Dads and Daughters, Brothers and Sisters or Friends come home arm in arm like this. as I wrote before, German afternoon TV has hotter stuff than that!
I found the secret
L&P is a priest and a hot event for him is putting his hand on his mother's hip

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Let me guess: does he make harems or anime ? He can be the best at what there are plenty of things around without him. And L&P makes games for women, of which there are only 20 in the world
First, take a look. Later we can talk about it.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
This whole copyright thing is a non-issue. Firstly, L&P basically sold something for a price. So any patron who is subscribed to his Patreon account is a buyer. So legally once the sale has been made the buyer is the owner of the product and can do anything with it (share it or resell it). At least that is how I understand. I might be wrong. If so I wouldn't mind being educated.
Copyright doesn't work like that. L&P compared it to a DVD and he's right from a legal perspective: just because you own a copy of digital media doesn't give you the right to distribute it without the creator's consent. Sharing the image is an unauthorized distribution of intellectual property.

Think about every live sporting event you've watched on TV, there's always a legal disclaimer asserting copyright, the broadcast rights being the sole property of the [channel], and explicit prohibitions against making any copy for distribution of any kind without "express written consent". Paying the cable bill every month doesn't transfer ownership of the distribution of content.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Copyright doesn't work like that. L&P compared it to a DVD and he's right from a legal perspective: just because you own a copy of digital media doesn't give you the right to distribute it without the creator's consent. Sharing the image is an unauthorized distribution of intellectual property.

Think about every live sporting event you've watched on TV, there's always a legal disclaimer asserting copyright, the broadcast rights being the sole property of the [channel], and explicit prohibitions against making any copy for distribution of any kind without "express written consent". Paying the cable bill every month doesn't transfer ownership of the distribution of content.
That's right.
But L&P's desire to stop piracy is a big waste of time. I think the delay in updating is also due to his interest in implementing the new update system.

Reactions: bluehound36

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
He makes comics interesting and beautiful. But these are not games. The game is a completely different level of difficulty.
Once you get used to renpy, it doesn't make much difference. It's basic programming: if/else and jump
The trickiest part:
1. text - this is the hardest part. If you have this 50-60% of an update is done.
2. creating scenes.

I dissected the game and created a blog

cheesespread

Nov 21, 2017

Problem with him complaining about copyright issues is that he's broken them himself, sam wears a tommy hillfiger shirt in game, there's pictures in dylan's and sam's bedroom of acdc, pink floyd, the beatles, barcelona fc ect all who I doubt gave permission to be in a game like this, and that's even assuming that he's paid for all the assets he uses in game

roro

May 29, 2017
There is a blurry, pixelated version of the teaser accessible. It is not that difficult to make educated guesses who the persons depicted are and what they do. And remember the first "hot and revealing" teaser L&P did and hyped. It was neither hot nor story revealing and this second one is the same.
What a waste of 30 Euro for those buying it. For comparison, with 30€ you can get the daily lunch at some restaurants having multiple stars! Something far more hot and delicious than this joke of a paid(!) teaser.
It is not a paid teaser, even if you keep saying it for the 1000 time.
The Patreon system is not a marketplace. You're not "buying" the teaser, hence it is not overpriced.
If you're a 30$ Patreon, then you are supporting the dev with 30$ Patronage, that's it. L&P specifically described why this teaser is for 30$ Patrons only (and it wasn't described as hot by him). If however, you or anyone else feels tempted and pays 30$ only to get the teaser, then the fault here is on you, not the system.
Apparently, you and L&P see spoiler images as two different things. You wrote in one of your posts that spoiler image is like an advertisement. Clearly, L&P thinks differently than you. By his comments in the past, he hate spoilers. I guess he only gives them to his Patrons to keep them sane during the long desert.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes