Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
There is no variable for Dylan’s chivalry, of course. I wasn’t being literal there. Covering for the girls and Sophia recognizing it and admiring him for doing so is what I hope is going on.

As a parent I see my children and other parents’ kids doing and saying things and we parents recognize when they are covering up. It’s usually obvious, even as they get into their teens and their sophistication increases. Even when you miss it on the first pass later you learn things about them (by passive observation and through conversation) that allow you to reflect back on their earlier actions and behavior and suss it out.

What I’m hoping is that Sophia knows and understands her kids (she’s a teacher as well, after all) and picks up on the fact that Dylan is trying to protect his sister. It’s an easy win for Sophia (and us) because she doesn’t have to get into a confrontation with Ellie, so there’s no hindrance to that progression, and it shows that Dylan’s chivalry (first evidenced with the hobos at the park) is an integral part of his character and not a stunt he’s pulling to impress in the moment.

As I read it, Dylan has absolutely no reason to suspect that there’s a possible sexual relationship with his sister at this point and other than being a bit frisky (the laptop scene) he doesn’t seem to view her in that light anyway.

Likewise, Sophia has no reason to think there’s anything brewing between Ellie and Dylan. So Dylan covering up can be read by her as a genuine and sincere act of concern.

If my logic holds (it may be rubbish, I admit), then we can go further and suppose that Dylan is consciously risking his progress with Sophia: he know he shouldn’t smoke - he’s an athlete for Christ’s sake - he tried it anyway, that’s immature and impulsive, motivations that are unlikely to further endear him to his mother.

If Sophia recognizes this act for what it really is, she should admire him more because of it.

But then again, I don’t get the sense that L&P has kids, or if he does he’s more in the Liam mold and none of what I just wrote would have ever occurred to him.

Oh well, hopefully that’s worth the time it takes to read.
Considering that by the end of PD 13 the bonus storyline is mutually exclusive with Sophia/Dylan, you may be right in that in taking the fall he's consciously risking his relationship with Sophia, much like the Twist would have.

But then I see the bonus storyline as one of the branches that should be DLC, much like Emma and the two side jobs. Possibly even the Logan branch of the Ellie route.

Reactions: Old Dog

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Considering that by the end of PD 13 the bonus storyline is mutually exclusive with Sophia/Dylan, you may be right in that in taking the fall he's consciously risking his relationship with Sophia, much like the Twist would have.

But then I see the bonus storyline as one of the branches that should be DLC, much like Emma and the two side jobs. Possibly even the Logan branch of the Ellie route.
I never really paid a whole lot of attention before because it was always light years away (to the person about to tell me that light years are a measure of distance: fuck off you newt) but as it draws towards the horizon: what specifics can you share about the “bonus” story line?

And maybe even more important (my sarcasm is in no way directed at you, for the record): when an erotic VN includes a subway thugs plot that goes just about nowhere, a planned trip to the museum to flirt with some college kids, two trips to the hair salon (a third is planned, I believe) and a trip to the dentist, a dropped dance class thread, an unrealized cheerleading thread, a shopping trip that can, but doesn’t have to, include Emma, all of this heaped on top of two choices for side-jobs, a completely optional 12-trials of Aiden plot that can but doesn’t have to involve a mafia debt, Bennet (nuff said) and an aborted effort to squeeze in a coaching gig, what, exactly, makes“bonus” the appropriate adjective?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I never really paid a whole lot of attention before because it was always light years away (to the person about to tell me that light years are a measure of distance: fuck off you newt) but as it draws towards the horizon: what specifics can you share about the “bonus” story line?

And maybe even more important (my sarcasm is in no way directed at you, for the record): when an erotic VN includes a subway thugs plot that goes just about nowhere, a planned trip to the museum to flirt with some college kids, two trips to the hair salon (a third is planned, I believe) and a trip to the dentist, a dropped dance class thread, an unrealized cheerleading thread, a shopping trip that can, but doesn’t have to, include Emma, all of this heaped on top of two choices for side-jobs, a completely optional 12-trials of Aiden plot that can but doesn’t have to involve a mafia debt, Bennet (nuff said) and an aborted effort to squeeze in a coaching gig, what, exactly, makes“bonus” the appropriate adjective?
In terms of specifics about the bonus storyline, none. But I think what actually concerns me more than the possibility of Dylan fucking Ellie is how much earlier it might happen than Dylan fucking Sophia. Either one, if the truth of their relationship ever comes out to Patreon, would immediately shut down his site, and likely the game, considering his Subscribestar page last I checked only has about a dozen members.

If the bonus storyline indeed culminates before playable day 16, which would likely mean playable 14, if Dylan and Ellie end up losing their v-cards together, there's a very real possibility we may never see playable day 16. No "wild event", no Ellie day, and Sophia not having sex on the Filthy route.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
In terms of specifics about the bonus storyline, none. But I think what actually concerns me more than the possibility of Dylan fucking Ellie is how much earlier it might happen than Dylan fucking Sophia. Either one, if the truth of their relationship ever comes out to Patreon, would immediately shut down his site, and likely the game, considering his Subscribestar page last I checked only has about a dozen members.

If the bonus storyline indeed culminates before playable day 16, which would likely mean playable 14, if Dylan and Ellie end up losing their v-cards together, there's a very real possibility we may never see playable day 16. No "wild event", no Ellie day, and Sophia not having sex on the Filthy route.
Dylan and Ellie getting to full on sex before half of the playable days are done? That doesn’t seem likely - completely out of step with the story’s pattern of progression. Though, wanking off twelve year olds on the second day of homeschool happened so, yeah… maybe. Huh.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Dylan and Ellie getting to full on sex before half of the playable days are done? That doesn’t seem likely - completely out of step with the story’s pattern of progression. Though, wanking off twelve year olds on the second day of homeschool happened so, yeah… maybe. Huh.
That's been one of my problems with believing the bonus storyline will involve anything sexual between Dylan and Ellie since the storyline was announced. There simply isn't enough time for Ellie to do the complete 180 in her attitude towards Dylan that her wanting to fuck Dylan would be required. Especially since in the Ellie route she's pretty much turning lesbian. In the Ellie/Julia event she tells Sophia that if it came to a choice between Logan and Jules, it would without question be Jules. And since it's possible to play that event and the bonus storyline, L&P would need to reconcile why the hell Ellie would cheat on Sophia, Logan and Jules by fucking Dylan. He offers nothing of any additional value.

roro

May 29, 2017
No one is here to look at cool grass except you.
Comparing both updates in terms of content vs time spent on it and still come here with these comparisons... Shameless.

Maybe those are the only comparisons you have left to say something but the truth is with an extra 2 months DPC delivered:
  • ~4100 renders
  • 24 2D-art pieces
  • 358 animations
  • 37 songs
  • 31 sound effects
L&P delivered
  • ~900 renders
  • 0 2D-art pieces
  • 0.5 animations
  • Sam singing songs
  • the sound effects of some people in this topic having their balls bursting
He's not the only one here looking at grass. The ambient quality is important to me, and I assure you, it's important to many. You don't care for it - good for you. But the grass and doors nexer is so obsessed about are a great example that the comparison you and others are doing here between DPC and L&P is wrong. And though I play BaDik and like it a lot, for me the immersion is ruined just because of those little details.
I once played a game where all ambient characters where just black mannequins... Sure, that's the far opposite, and Awam is the other extreme. Badik is somewhere in the middle - mediocre in the render quality aspect and great in almost every other aspect.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
There is no way that the update arrives this year. Half of December is a wash, Christmas and New Year pretty much suck all of the oxygen out of the month. I don't expect any dev to do much of any work on their game after December 15th. I hear your points, and they're reasonable, but considering it's the end of the year I don't think any of us should expect much. Personally, I'm expecting a late January release.
That's why I said January myself. It was the same with the last update. If you remember, he was pushing for October, but most of everyone here knew it would be November. So I think he is more optimistic than anything else. The only thing he has going for him this time is that most of the assets are complete if there are no more new locations. But it falls back on does he control his cs/render count, or does he continue to expand on it like he usually does from his previous updates?

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
And the Morellos are one of the few characters in the game besides Carl that has an answer to the question I occasionally ask: "Why would Sophia risk her job and/or marriage to cheat on Liam?" Aiden, Sam, Dylan don't have an answer to this question.
This question should not be asked. Sophia has already crossed the red line with Tyler and Sam and on the next few dates we will be able to label them as Sophia's lovers. Let's add Zach to that list.

IMO, AWAM doesn't approach the topic from the point of view of a cerebral, a woman looking to her future but from the point of view of a woman with needs.
Sophia slips into a world of sexual pleasure, slowly but surely without acknowledging her needs. My opinion, discussing on the material provided by L&P so far, is that Sophia is a woman with enormous needs, one fuck will just whet her appetite. She's a woman with sexual fantasies and, importantly, she loses control once passion overwhelms her.

Sexual pleasure annihilates her own will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
There is no variable for Dylan’s chivalry, of course. I wasn’t being literal there. Covering for the girls and Sophia recognizing it and admiring him for doing so is what I hope is going on.

As a parent I see my children and other parents’ kids doing and saying things and we parents recognize when they are covering up. It’s usually obvious, even as they get into their teens and their sophistication increases. Even when you miss it on the first pass later you learn things about them (by passive observation and through conversation) that allow you to reflect back on their earlier actions and behavior and suss it out.

What I’m hoping is that Sophia knows and understands her kids (she’s a teacher as well, after all) and picks up on the fact that Dylan is trying to protect his sister. It’s an easy win for Sophia (and us) because she doesn’t have to get into a confrontation with Ellie, so there’s no hindrance to that progression, and it shows that Dylan’s chivalry (first evidenced with the hobos at the park) is an integral part of his character and not a stunt he’s pulling to impress in the moment.

As I read it, Dylan has absolutely no reason to suspect that there’s a possible sexual relationship with his sister at this point and other than being a bit frisky (the laptop scene) he doesn’t seem to view her in that light anyway.

Likewise, Sophia has no reason to think there’s anything brewing between Ellie and Dylan. So Dylan covering up can be read by her as a genuinely altruistic act.

If my logic holds (it may be rubbish, I admit), then we can go further and suppose that Dylan is consciously risking his progress with Sophia: he knows he shouldn’t smoke - he’s an athlete for Christ’s sake - he tried it anyway, that’s immature and impulsive, motivations that are unlikely to further endear him to his mother.

If Sophia recognizes this act for what it really is, she should admire him more because of it.

But then again, I don’t get the sense that L&P has kids, or if he does he’s more in the Liam mold and none of what I just wrote would have ever occurred to him.

Oh well, hopefully that’s worth the time it takes to read.
I haven't read the entire discussion of yours on this but I have read this message.

I do believe he has written the scene in the way that Sophia knows Dylan does not smoke and he is covering up for his sister. She even clearly says it in the scene. She knows that both Dylan and Ellie would never actually start smoking.

So she will see this act more as an improvement in the relationship between the siblings. After the way Ellie and Dylan fought previously this should be a relief for Sophia. That the siblings are finally behaving well with each other.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
This question should not be asked. Sophia has already crossed the red line with Tyler and Sam and on the next few dates we will be able to label them as Sophia's lovers. Let's add Zach to that list.

IMO, AWAM doesn't approach the topic from the point of view of a cerebral, future-minded woman but from the point of view of a woman with needs.
Sophia slips into a world of sexual pleasure, slowly but surely without acknowledging her needs. My opinion, discussing on the material provided by L&P so far, is that Sophia is a woman with enormous needs, one fuck will just whet her appetite. She's a woman with sexual fantasies and, importantly, she loses control once passion overwhelms her.

Sexual pleasure annihilates her own will.
Of course the question needs to be asked. Sophia is an intelligent woman qualified to be a college professor working at a university. The only reason she works with kids is personal preference. The only reason not to ask the question is because you don't like the answer.

And sexual pleasure doesn't negate free will. If it did, the Nat event would have continued, and Sophia wouldn't have stopped Nat when she did.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Of course the question needs to be asked. Sophia is an intelligent woman qualified to be a college professor working at a university. The only reason she works with kids is personal preference. The only reason not to ask the question is because you don't like the answer.

And sexual pleasure doesn't negate free will. If it did, the Nat event would have continued, and Sophia wouldn't have stopped Nat when she did.
No, don't get me wrong, I'm following the process of corrupting the beautiful Sophia not a particular route.

This discussion I've had with t3alqdansam before, that every human has a brain and can decide when and what. The only impediment is if that brain has the right connections.

I agree that with Nat she stopped, not by herself but at the hearing of a sound(word). Her brain didn't say stop until something outside interrupted the spell.
Now I ask you, without the word "orgasm", would the scene have continued?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
No, don't get me wrong, I'm following the process of corrupting the beautiful Sophia not a particular route.

This discussion I've had with t3alqdansam before, that every human has a brain and can decide when and what. The only impediment is if that brain has the right connections.

I agree that with Nat she stopped, not by herself but at the hearing of a sound(word). Her brain didn't say stop until something outside interrupted the spell.
Now I ask you, without the word "orgasm", would the scene have continued?
The word used was "cum". Would Nat have fingered Sophia without her permission? Hell no. That would go against the eroticism of the lesbian route. And the playfulness of Nat as a character. The lesbian route doesn't need to rely on things like alcohol, or blackmail etc in order to progress. Alcohol can be used, but it doesn't need to be. It wasn't in the Nat event, and she has got further than any male has. Except Antonio of course, but really he's just a piece of plastic.

Could the scene have continued without Nat asking the question? Of course it could. It wouldn't have been as good a scene though.

Reactions: Old Dog and nexer

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
That's been one of my problems with believing the bonus storyline will involve anything sexual between Dylan and Ellie since the storyline was announced. There simply isn't enough time for Ellie to do the complete 180 in her attitude towards Dylan that her wanting to fuck Dylan would be required. Especially since in the Ellie route she's pretty much turning lesbian. In the Ellie/Julia event she tells Sophia that if it came to a choice between Logan and Jules, it would without question be Jules. And since it's possible to play that event and the bonus storyline, L&P would need to reconcile why the hell Ellie would cheat on Sophia, Logan and Jules by fucking Dylan. He offers nothing of any additional value.
I wouldn't really call it cheating, especially on Sophia and Julia, since they aren't in a relationship. Ellie is just trying lesbian stuff and is not completely given up on men. Logan is a douche and him leaving her alone on the beach would definitely weaken whatever attraction is there. Plus

Ellie is never serious about any relationships or feels like she is trapped in any relationship, she is open to anything new at all times. So why not Dylan. If Dylan can seem attractive to her then I see no problem. Sex However is something I don't see happening anytime soon. Maybe the next event could be something a little sexual for the first time in this route and nothing more.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
He's not the only one here looking at grass. The ambient quality is important to me, and I assure you, it's important to many. You don't care for it - good for you. But the grass and doors nexer is so obsessed about are a great example that the comparison you and others are doing here between DPC and L&P is wrong. And though I play BaDik and like it a lot, for me the immersion is ruined just because of those little details.
I once played a game where all ambient characters where just black mannequins... Sure, that's the far opposite, and Awam is the other extreme. Badik is somewhere in the middle - mediocre in the render quality aspect and great in almost every other aspect.
Don't know how broken english, a lack of a relistic story, sentences no one would ever say out loud and lack of continuity in Sophia's corrupted mindset don't break your so called "immersion" in AWAM. Dylan going from a kid-like model to a 17+ model in 1 game day doesn't break your immersion?
Sophia's tits changing like balloons don't break your immersion? Sophia's face changing throughout the game.. still immersive?

Actually, still wondering how the hell can immersion work in a 2d picture from your screen. If we were talking about VR games, sure, now this? lmao

If you play awam, I guess all the renders done until 2020 break your "immersion" then. Be careful not to load an old save or start a new game.

Oh and it's not that I don't care about quality, I do. But the gap in quality does not justify DPC bringing 3000+ more renders and an extra 350(?) animations with 2 more months of work.

Have you played the new update? The cathy/andy scene took 2 weeks to make. Default asset (the travel bag wasnt even touched), L&P's lights, posing 4 characters talking while sitting in the couch. 15 renders. 2 weeks. Let that sink in. If you got fooled believing this guy is working 11h a day like he says, good for you, but he's not fooling the majority anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes