ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
even l&p wouldn't have thought there will be heated discussions about handbags, shape of dicks, colour of lollipop, shadows size :FacePalm:
He knows exactly what type of discussion goes on here because he reads the thread occasionally. He even replied in times past to put an end to certain speculations. That's why some of us used to make well-meant suggestions. They weren't made in the expectation that they might be implemented, only that collectively, they could have some influence. We'll never find out if they did & I doubt it but that's part & parcel of pirate site activity.

lupogba6

Sep 6, 2021
instead I think the opposite.
teasers are excellent forms of advertising, and even speculation about the game keeps you interested in it and entices you to play.
that's why they should be exploited in order to make money and not forbid them.

there is a saying in Italy that says: it doesn't matter if you talk badly or well about something, the important thing is that you talk about it.
agreed

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
instead I think the opposite.
teasers are excellent forms of advertising, and even speculation about the game keeps you interested in it and entices you to play.
that's why they should be exploited in order to make money and not forbid them.

there is a saying in Italy that says: it doesn't matter if you talk badly or well about something, the important thing is that you talk about it.
Or the Oscar Wilde quote: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
That's similar to the U.K. (& probably U.S.A.) saying, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". All that's written about AWAM on this site is free publicity. If you have a business or other organisation & want to mount a publicity campaign, an equivalent to what's on here would cost a 4-figure sum, at least.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ruby Tuesday

darji

Nov 3, 2021
That's similar to the U.K. (& probably U.S.A.) saying, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". All that's written about AWAM on this site is free publicity. If you have a business or other organisation & want to mount a publicity campaign, an equivalent to what's on here would cost a 4-figure sum, at least.
Yeah saying that the guy is a scamartist all the time with no real evidence with ignoring they his reasoning and then post it over and over again is certainly a good way to promote a product you maybe consider to buy.;):unsure:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
they are minimal, superficial things; for me L&P is very good I have never denied it.
the gist of my speech is humility.
if there is a mistake, accept it and tell me: I didn't notice.

then I'm the one who is like that, I notice these details in other games too, and I find similar errors.

for example on JOHN there is an image of jessica in the car with jack and they are still; but the odometer reads 65km / h.
I pointed this out to stoper and the answer was: "yes, I didn't have time to fix it"

a mistake that I often find in games is when the characters drink from the glass and the water stays still (eg when Melinda from FOTM drinks milk)
the answer would be: I was wrong.

one possible answer from L&P could be that gravity was out of order at the time.

I also understand the pressure put on him by the supporters, he will certainly have 1000 emails to reply to (he was the one who said not to be shy and write to him), but I prefer that he does not answer me rather than say an unjustified bullshit.

wasn't it better to correct these small inconsistencies instead of sitting still 4 days on the new cover?

I do not want to make controversy or personal attacks, only constructive speeches.
Okayyy (y). The real question is why did it even happen. Back and forth between green and pink. I'm sure he wasn't sitting down to change lollipop colors every few renders.

And not talking about this lollipop, but there are Also things that can be corrected in renders but the effort sometimes is just not worth it. Hence he has to pass off those errors. This is also something he told me about the small errors in his renders and not my assumption on the matter.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah saying that the guy is a scamartist all the time with no real evidence with ignoring they his reasoning and then post it over and over again is certainly a good way to promote a product you maybe consider to buy.;):unsure:
I've never at any time said anything like that. People who pay for this know, or very soon find out, what it is they're paying for. (Like all rational beings they make an informed choice whether or not to continue). He can't be scamming 1500 to 1800 patrons all at the same time but I reserve the right to criticise an abysmal update schedule & a number of broken promises, along with aspects of the game's development I don't like. Many fans paying & pirate do that & we all have different tastes. That means that there is a, (sometimes begrudging), acceptance that no-one is going to like everything about this or any other game. One thing that all tend to agree on is that this game will run for up to another 3 decades at the rate it's going.

That's something that's never been done before. It would be a first but I can't see how it's in anybody's interests. So what, if I'm getting it for free you might ask? I've explained elsewhere that I do have Patreon sponsorships ongoing & that I intended being an AWAM patron.....but then the production rate slowed down...then slowed down again...& again....etc.

When I was working, I spent a lot of time in high pressure environments. One colleague described it as, "working at a million miles an hour". Excuses for missed deadlines were not, I repeat not, acceptable, even when they represented the truth. Perhaps you can see why I don't have the sympathy, or perhaps even empathy, that some fans have for the issues surrounding AWAM.

Having said that, I've always tried to be balanced in my criticisms & comments & believe the record shows this but lately..................

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
There are recurring themes, I think not only on this thread, milking and when the game will end.
Both, with or without the criticism on this site, can only be influenced by the patrons.
Sorry, but my opinion is that it's a waste of time to keep writing about these two topics.

There are a few people who could help though: a writer (who should send drafts directly to L&P. A text for an event for example) and a programmer in DAZ.

As for the last 2 teasers, I think L&P didn't want to spoil the surprise, leaving only Aiden un-blurred.
There's a lack of planning here. If every 2-3 weeks you release a teaser you choose it when you create the scene. One more render in the game with just Aiden or .... and you wouldn't have to blur anyone else.

broho1234

Dec 26, 2021
View attachment 1633166
It is the same short but with a different color on the star, options:

1. L&P changed the design slightly (color)
2. Aiden bought the same outfit Jennifer wears (including a fake tattoo) and Sophia has to fill in for Jennifer at the bonus event, I doubt Aiden will share Jennifer with Andre. Also the expression on Aiden's face is only put on when he puts Sophia on the spot, this applies to Andre as well.

Maybe he blurred the first teaser to hide that it's Sophia
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/02/1655987_Day18_3_A14_Kids_leaving_for_break.jpg

1643970073088.png

The black girl in the center of the picture above has a big tramp stamp.
Is she a character in the game ?

Reactions: MisterLing

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
I've never at any time said anything like that. People who pay for this know, or very soon find out, what it is they're paying for. (Like all rational beings they make an informed choice whether or not to continue). He can't be scamming 1500 to 1800 patrons all at the same time but I reserve the right to criticise an abysmal update schedule & a number of broken promises, along with aspects of the game's development I don't like. Many fans paying & pirate do that & we all have different tastes. That means that there is a, (sometimes begrudging), acceptance that no-one is going to like everything about this or any other game. One thing that all tend to agree on is that this game will run for up to another 3 decades at the rate it's going.

That's something that's never been done before. It would be a first but I can't see how it's in anybody's interests. So what, if I'm getting it for free you might ask? I've explained elsewhere that I do have Patreon sponsorships ongoing & that I intended being an AWAM patron.....but then the production rate slowed down...then slowed down again...& again....etc.

When I was working, I spent a lot of time in high pressure environments. One colleague described it as, "working at a million miles an hour". Excuses for missed deadlines were not, I repeat not, acceptable, even when they represented the truth. Perhaps you can see why I don't have the sympathy, or perhaps even empathy, that some fans have for the issues surrounding AWAM.

Having said that, I've always tried to be balanced in my criticisms & comments & believe the record shows this but lately..................
I understand what you're saying. I think some on this thread are being rather naive and over-protective of L&P regards exposure to criticism and have painted themselves into a corner.
So when it comes down to that level, it's not worth trying to argue it out.
Myself, I find the compliments and criticisms of AWAM engaging, healthy and stimulating for both the game and as an observer.

Another different, but very positive dimension to the erratic deadlines and pauses is watching how newbie and more experienced artists exploit these time delays with visual efforts of their own, some good, some bad, some far too disturbing for my tastes! But even so, learning new skills (like lighting), improving, becoming technically involved and ever pushing boundaries in their art is all very commendable and worthy of applaud.

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Okayyy (y). The real question is why did it even happen. Back and forth between green and pink. I'm sure he wasn't sitting down to change lollipop colors every few renders.

And not talking about this lollipop, but there are Also things that can be corrected in renders but the effort sometimes is just not worth it. Hence he has to pass off those errors. This is also something he told me about the small errors in his renders and not my assumption on the matter.
Lollipop-Gate. I'm sure I remember as a kid buying sweets (incl. lollipops) that changed colour as they diminished...? Like Traffic-Lights.
Notice also how L&P (always with a sharp eye for colour-matching in his graphics) matches the lollipop to the top worn on this character.

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It can be seen that L&P has blurred two close peaks. At least 2 characters. One taller than the other, but it's possibly because of the angle
View attachment 1633707
Like how the forensic dimension is adding to this debate. For those wanting to become involved and sharing, another good reason why these teasers need to be published on this thread.

Reactions: nexer
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes