Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Wow. In my line of work I've grown to be highly suspicious of anyone making such claim.
You're right to be wary of anyone making such claims about artistry or anything else, and I agree, it was pointless to do so and worthy of ridicule. Anyone can claim to be anyone from their keyboard.
Yes, I have an academic background in art but you can believe what you want. I could also say I'm a spaceman, road sweeper or a politician, so it was foolish.
I was attempting to qualify my praise for this latest animation because my earlier comment was mocked and lampooned, as was this dev's latest animation. Nothing new on this thread.
Fact is, "art" is a very wide church. Animation in modern form should be (and is) regarded as artistic expression, just as early animations of Disney certainly were. Vintage movies like "Dalmatians" were made by highly creative artists with pen and brush creating multiple thousands of drawings and pictures put into a kaleidoscope of film. Now we have all kinds of computer generated devices capable of breathtaking virtual animation, pushing boundaries at breakneck speed. It must be incredibly exciting to work in.
Credit to L&P for giving it a go himself, trying to improve and develop. Also giving us something for free.

Last edited:

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
I admit that I was in a rush when I did that experiment.
First I went back and fixed the light direction to be similar to the image.
Please, consider that before today I have logged like 2h of serious use of blender, mostly rendering pre-made assets.
So apologies to Sophia (and everybody in the thread) but I was only able to replace her with a vertical post just to mark her position, which is now very close to the original IMO.

This is a perspective view of the scene *similar* to the origin.
View attachment 1801781

Top view
View attachment 1801786

And side view (Sophia POV may be higher than that, the proportions are probably wrong, but the point is that the higher/taller you are the less the view is occluded by that small fence on the edge)
View attachment 1801788

Now when it comes to render there are many variables to take into account, among which the focal length. Here is a render from that POV with a 17mm focal length which is *approximately* (simplifying a lot the idea).
She may not recognize the face but for sure she can see that there are people other than Aiden.
View attachment 1801794

The render I did in the other post was with a 36mm (i.e. more zoom in), here is another with 25mm
View attachment 1801791

So I'd say that she will see the other gang members. And, please, don't take me too serious (never! :D ), for me it's just for fun and now I'm even learning something about blender ;)

Back to the animation, I really liked the cinematic effect he gave to the walk, with the camera backing up following Sophia and slowly getting lower to finally give a view from the bottom up of Sophia in all her splendor when she stops. For sure L&P knows how to create nice scene and chose the right views, now even in the camera motion he's showing a certain taste for these cinematic effects.

if I had to make a small remark, though, is that it would have been more convincing if at the end, when she stop and look at the scene in front of her, her facial expression changed to a different expression to show that she was worried/surprised/whatever of what she saw. That would have given more value to the animation (which, I get it, is to start experimenting with the tools and so on). Maybe it is not visible due to the resolution (as in the details are lost in the video compression).
View attachment 1801814 View attachment 1801816
I have no idea how difficult it is though, I guess animated expressions are very difficult in blender. I'll let the serious artists speak about that.
Fantastic analysis, wonderful graphics puts us more in the picture. Thanks.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
I'm dead serious, I also know quite a lot about art and aesthetics, but take that as anecdotal.
Of course you're entitled to the same old negativity we are accustomed to on this forum.

I just believe in praise where praise is due, and an element of gratitude for someones time. Perhaps you might enlighten us with an effort of your own, entirely for free of course.
Don't ruin this forum with your snobish protointelectualistic virtue signaling, please. The animation is technically good - but its a complete miss-allocation of resources. The audience wants animations of groping, fingering, licking and fucking of MC.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Don't ruin this forum with your snobish protointelectualistic virtue signaling, please. The animation is technically good - but its a complete miss-allocation of resources. The audience wants animations of groping, fingering, licking and fucking of MC.
I’d much prefer if L&P took a few practice swings, as he did with Andre/Jennifer/Aiden in the last update - characters that no one is too bothered about - and with a simple animation of Sophia to work out any issues with that model, rather than using a Sophia sex scene as his training round.

BTW,not only is this animation really good but I think the sound is really good, too.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
I’d much prefer if L&P took a few practice swings, as he did with Andre/Jennifer/Aiden in the last update - characters that no one is too bothered about - and with a simple animation of Sophia to work out any issues with that model, rather than using a Sophia sex scene as his training round.

BTW,not only is this animation really good but I think the sound is really good, too.
Good that you think that. Ready for the game to become even slower for some animations? I'm not sure I am.
Also, it's an animation of her walking!

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Half of this forum is defending the animation.
The animation is decent, but yeah. It's not worth it slowing development down even further for this. It's already been slow enough last year when we still had 1/3rd PD updates without animations as it took way over a year to finish PD12. Right now we're looking at 2+ years for PD13, so no matter how good the animation, it's just counterproductive in the end. What this game needs is story progression, not more features.

If L&P could atleast produce 5-6 renders per day as he did on 0.150 last year while adding animations, fine. Would still be snail speed, but atleast he wouldn't of cut the production rate in half for it.

Mar 14, 2022
The animation is decent, but yeah. It's not worth it slowing development down even further for this. It's already been slow enough last year when we still had 1/3rd PD updates without animations as it took way over a year to finish PD12. Right now we're looking at 2+ years for PD13, so no matter how good the animation, it's just counterproductive in the end. What this game needs is story progression, not more features.

If L&P could atleast produce 5-6 renders per day as he did on 0.150 last year while adding animations, fine. Would still be snail speed, but atleast he wouldn't of cut the production rate in half for it.
People here defending an animation which took importing the assets and a 1 and a half hour tutorial on youtube to make her walk are the reason he keeps milking.

Also, can you tell me why did the production drop from 6 renders per day to 3 renders per day? According to his words, he's not the one doing animations, so why the delay?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Good that you think that. Ready for the game to become even slower for some animations? I'm not sure I am.
Also, it's an animation of her walking!
Dude, where you been? Game development has been getting slower for a half a decade. New delay tactics have been the soup de jour for years. This is not a surprise, or at least shouldn’t be. But at least this is a delay that results in something I can enjoy.

L&P has been 100% consistent on exactly one thing: it’s his artistic vision, he’s gonna do what he wants the way he wants at the pace he wants. I am not defending or endorsing or happy about this, but as a non-paying fan I do accept it.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
My stance the entire time, from before we even knew 100% that the "special thing" was animations, is that yes, LP's animations would be very high quality. He wouldn't let them in the game is they weren't. But regardless of quality, they wouldn't be worth it.

Even though that walking animation is very good, significantly better than standard Daz walking animations where the girls boobs bounce so much they're liable to give her a concussion. It isn't worth delaying this already small update even more.

The logic of practicing animations on non-major characters and simpler walking animations before trying them on Sophia (or any of the main cast) sex scenes is sound. But at this rate, we're never going to get there. And that was true before the animations too. Those sex scenes are literally years away. Animations or not.

So I've accepted this game has a tiny chance of being completed, if any chance at all. But I'd still like the game to progress as much as possible. And the animations are not contributing to that goal. In fact, they're doing the opposite. It's completely counterproductive and unnecessary. But LP will do what he wants in the end, so if he wants to produce 1 day of content every 2 years. I guess more power to him.

Drax951

May 31, 2018
Finally, a practical use for time travel... Go to 2045, copy the completed season 1 of AWAM (through day 30), and bring it back to 2022 to share with the world... :)
IF this was possible I wouldn't stop at AWAM, Ill go for it all!!!

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes