5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Amaruda

Apr 2, 2018
Day 4 and up - can't do anything. Can't leave room, hero is too tired all the time.

Thats called a fix?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It is using to show a variable value (in this case, the relationship). So when the English line "Your arm hurts so you wake up before your [RebRel] calls you for breakfast. You wish you have slept more" is displayed, the [RebRel] part is replaced by whatever the relationship is called.
The problem many have with this solution is that in the end it create unbelievable dialogs like "we can't do that, you're my roommate/tenant/whatever". To patch a game this way you need to go further than just words substitutions and sometimes replace whole sentences to keep the natural feeling of the dialogs.
There's a ready to use code to do this , but it's far to be the only way to do it. The callback is another one ; more discreet, but more opened to errors and potentially time consuming if there's many replacement to perform.

But it will check if the label SetHousemates exists, and call it if it does. This label is in stringinterpolation.rpy, and will alter the value to stepmom or mama depending on the language selected.
Why not just use a declaration in an init block ? The values don't need to be saved and, because of this, it let the player revert to a none patched version whenever he want, if he want it. Just put the declaration in the patch at an higher level.
[script.rpy]
Code:
init python:
    RebRel = "Landlady"
[patch.rpy]
Code:
init 1 python:
    RebRel = "whatever you want instead"
And if really he want to make it permanent, why not using to hijack a label near the start and update the values ? Once again it's more discreet and also more flexible

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Imossible to play. Trapped in my room too tired to do anything even having slept one day, two days and son on

BadCate Studio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
^same error..day loops trying to exit bedroom and says i have no energy and just want to go to sleep meanwhile all my stats drop to zero..lol
Does this happens every time? it was just supposed to happen when its more than midnight, since we remove the energy system we are now just looking at the hours

Amaruda

Apr 2, 2018
Does this happens every time? it was just supposed to happen when its more than midnight, since we remove the energy system we are now just looking at the hours
Dude, do you even check it? Or you just publish games without even looking if it's working or not?

Game is unplayable because of stupid lock. It's like 20 cliks to check it yourself.

Magic666

Jul 23, 2017
It happens every time... i woke up at 6am... get up... time changes to 8am... then.. not matter if i click door or computer... it says: You are too tired do anything, you go straight to bed

Reactions: Legend 123

BadCate Studio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Dude, do you even check it? Or you just publish games without even looking if it's working or not?

Game is unplayable because of stupid lock. It's like 20 cliks to check it yourself.
We are sorry to read it, we, ourselfs, don´t try the game since we have seen it so many times, we give it to a tester friend of us who told us it was fine. We will fix the problem right away

Amaruda

Apr 2, 2018
We are sorry to read it, we, ourselfs, don´t try the game since we have seen it so many times, we give it to a tester friend of us who told us it was fine. We will fix the problem right away
Well, this friend crealy didn't passed after day 2 with his "checks"...
This project seems very interesting - but each time I download it - it's unplayable. I never made to day 4. In 0.5 game was shutting down, 0.6 was cracking after entering school, 0.7 unplayable cause of energy, 0.8 hardlocking. I'm realy trying to get my opinion on this project but at the moment it's seems to be impossible :(

Waiting for fix!

Reactions: JEE

BadCate Studio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, this friend crealy didn't passed after day 2 with his "checks"...
This project seems very interesting - but each time I download it - it's unplayable. I never made to day 4. In 0.5 game was shutting down, 0.6 was cracking after entering school, 0.7 unplayable cause of energy, 0.8 hardlocking. I'm realy trying to get my opinion on this project but at the moment it's seems to be impossible :(

Waiting for fix!
It is fixed now, we test it our selfs now and we are just waiting for OP to upload it. Sorry for so many inconvinients, we know our builds have been a little buggy over time, we try to work it out as soon as we can, ty for the patience and if you ever encounter more bugs, let us know!

Reactions: Moria

BadCate Studio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
how quick are the updates on this game ?
For bugs patch from one day to another, for content we took between 2 and 3 months, but now we will make 1 new content patch every 2 weeks for patrons and 1 more for public release

Reactions: yaxir

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
be nice if the screen didnt go black during the "fun" scenes with the succubus...sheesh...but the game isnt looping or crashing now..so thanks for that :p
still not much to do..but i can see this being a fun little time waster as more content is added so i'll keep watching this one

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
For bugs patch from one day to another, for content we took between 2 and 3 months, but now we will make 1 new content patch every 2 weeks for patrons and 1 more for public release
ok, so new content every 2 weeks for public ?

that's great, eh ?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
on first day in school, you still get called out for not introducing yourself even when you did.
either the english dialog of that scene is crap or your if-clause is broken or closed out too early making this event mandatory for all decisions instead of an either-or-situation.

pseudocode
decision: stand up and introduce or hide
if (decision = introduce) {
blabla }
else { }
"i see you dont want to introduce yourself"

on, you can keep doing homework with game saying its night, but the clock keeps on 15:00

voyeur kit level 1 doesnt disappear when you buy it, acting as accidental moneysink.

voyeur kit adds spy on sophie to the door menu instead the window

"wait for..." options on the bed dont update the time at once.

end of spying out of the window triggers the store.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes