Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
A tip. If you're higher level your encounter rate will be lower. You can try leveling up at first then choose "Give up" at the menu so you'll keep your level and the pests will appear less.

Another tip. Stay away from the shadow tiles, it increases considerably your enemy rate.
Then I guess I'm very underleveled, coz encounters happen like every 5-12 tiles.(12th lvl). After reaching the underground way to the main hall the game turned into hell of reloads, the enemies got stronger, appear more often, very little food items, and veeeery long roads from one point to another. The situation got better when I found whetstone and finally got better weaponry for the rest of the team members. But right after that there go new and stronger monsters with long road up to the machinery and down.

What "Give up" do exactly? I saw it, but never tried.

About shadow tiles, I'm actually already doing that, but it doesn't help much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agony's Embrace

Alcor_606

Dec 31, 2018
So from what I'm reading there is a unavoidable gamebreaking crash late game? I should probably wait to continue playing then until we get an updated version.
For those who doesn't want to wait, someone posted a solution for this problem already.
- in the game folder, go to "graphics" and then to "windowskins".
- make a copy of "Letter_24" and "Letter_24_r".
- rename the copies accordingly as "Letter_437" and "Letter_437_r".
- put the copies back without deleting the originals.
It worked. Finished the game once already.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
For those who doesn't want to wait, someone posted a solution for this problem already.
- in the game folder, go to "graphics" and then to "windowskins".
- make a copy of "Letter_24" and "Letter_24_r".
- rename the copies accordingly as "Letter_437" and "Letter_437_r".
- put the copies back without deleting the originals.
It worked. Finished the game once already.
Thank you my friend, hopefully this works if I encounter this problem. May you be blessed with games that are perfect for you on this site.

Dec 7, 2019
since a lot of people complain about encounter rate, I've thought about 2 solutions :

1 I'm wondering if there is a way to lower the encounter rate or even disable it just by changing a few number in the maps files ( since there is a lot of maps and each map have a specific encounter rate, it's possible to make a auto process that will find the specific line of code in all the maps files and cut in half the right number at the right line )

2 maybe there is a stat visible or hidden and it tell the game how to set the encounter rate
as someone already say here: high level = lower encounter rate, so if the level act on the encounter rate that mean there is a stat somewhere that go up with each level and decrease encounter rate, just need to know which stat it is and use a save editor to change it
I suppose, I enjoy the game and everything but the encounters piss me off a bit too much. 10 minutes in the game and I already lost one heart

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
A way to sleep whenever you want would be useful as well considering how many fights you have to go through. Plus it would make easy access to h scenes if you wanted to.

SmellTheJava

Jan 1, 2018
After your MC is max lvl and you played through the game a couple times it get's waaaaaaay more manageable. Since you keep weapons, lvls and consumables, next runs are smoother, but the first few playthroughs are really annoying. Going to look up a proper walkthrough/guide to see what I've been missing.

laundrylad

Sep 12, 2020
It's true that level does have an effect on how many encounters you get. A lot of guides suggest to run from unnecessary fights but honestly I think you're going to screw yourself if you don't get stronger as early as possible. Granted, I haven't finished the game yet but I haven't lost a single heart so far doing this. Also if this is your first playthrough BRING KIPPEI. He's easily the best party member. He has just enough strength to wield the stronger weapons without penalty (he can dual-wield certain combinations of weapons too), only has one phobia, and his backpack passive is a godsend in a game where inventory management is crucial. You can pick him as your 3rd and your preferred waifu as your partner if you only want hetero content (BL is off by default of course but apparently a phobia of males is common here :sneaky:)... but seriously, he makes the game so much easier.

Battle formation should be:
1st: Highest level partner (preferably your Berserk dps)
2nd: Homura
3rd: Back-up partner. Can be given support items or specialized items that deal increased damage to enemies common in the area.

Battles are pretty simple. Let the first party member's fear build up until they're berserk. This will cause their damage to go up drastically and end battles much faster. Faster battles = less fear taken + more exp = less future encounters. Once they're berserk have Homura cover the 1st position while they deal massive damage with berserk crits. Homura will take reduced damage if either he or the first party member is targeted this way. Third party member is flexible and can do whatever. Monitor your exp and fear carefully so that you don't waste precious recovery items. Once you come across new segments of the game when enemies get stronger and offer more exp you can rotate the 1st and 3rd positions every time they level up so that the one with the most fear is in front. Heal Homura if he's at risk of losing a heart and not about to level up. This strategy isn't flawless, however. Some enemies can cause Homura to become unable to act. Take extra precautions to have spare recovery items in case Homura gets paralyzed while guarding. There's also the slim chance that the 3rd party member gets targeted so I don't suggest leaving them in the berserk state for an extended period of time if you can help it.

And yeah like others have said, avoid dark spaces when possible, don't over-encumber yourself with weapons that are too heavy, and use Give Up to restart from the beginning with your levels carried over if you must. You'll be able to catch back up to where you were relatively quickly since you know what to do and you'll get less encounters being overleveled.

If anyone with more experience than me would like to correct me, feel free... but it's worked great so far! :)

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
No joke, Kippei single-handedly makes NG so much more manageable. Kippei has his backpack, only a singular phobia compared to the three most others have, naturally higher strength, and an additional starting heart. I'd say Yachika+Kippei is probably the easiest starting combination. Yachika's Hairpin grants access to several much-needed extra items, and one of her dialogue events even gives two free pieces of Gum with the right response. Alternatively, the hardest party to do blind West Wing NG with is probably Mia+Yachika.

Also, Kippei's backpack ignores the weight (and attack power) of items inside it, so if you want to carry around extra weapons in NG (pre-whetstone weapons) or NG+ (Electric Drill and Crowbar), that's just another way he's useful.

On another note, I just finished blind East Wing NG+ with Rikana+Seijiro, and have come to the conclusion that East Wing NG sounds like a nightmare.

Last edited:

lenovo95

Aug 11, 2019
When the True End Final Boss transforms they just keep spamming attacks until my entire party is dead without even giving me a single turn, am I missing something here or is my game bugged?

Reactions: senguj
Oct 31, 2017
As a deeply closeted Panda who enjoys dungeon crawlers of stupidly high difficulty, I dare say this game might end up being my game of the year. That and I'm quite floored at the amount of actual games showing up here as of late, I've gotten a proper backlog started. Never thought I'd see the day...

Edit: Aww krikey, looking beyond the 2nd screenshot I now realize this is a top down game, not a proper dungeon crawler. Well, games is games, still downloadin'.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 9 Votes