FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
After clearing the game about 7-15 times over, I've come to the conclusion that it would probably take about 40-60 hours for me to get through all CGs and small events, with every single party combination for each route. Too much reading and there's no log feature. After failing to trigger the "Separation" CG events for hopeless companions, I settled for a gallery save. That said, I did pay attention to some details and I'd like to share them to people in case they overlooked them. Some I think are worth thinking about, some are just trivial, and some you've probably already seen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The story isn't bad, but it's pretty messy when it comes to the lore. Even now I have no complete conclusion on the timeline of events. Some parts have been messed up for me due to the typsetting. For whatever reason, some CGs come with the white text displaying on a white background. Other times the text is cut off from the side. Unreadable. Going blind in this game without a walkthrough is a death sentence if you're trying to get certain endings, as some events can are difficult to avoid triggering. There are a lot of small frustrating features. The fact you need to do several playthroughs for small events and CGs is staggering. The time sink and repetition needed is probably one of the worse I've seen in visual novels. Still, I enjoyed my time playing Abaddon and I hope to see more horror games like this one. There's room for a sequel, but I doubt Sakuraprin will develop one after all these years.
You've definitely had more patience for sitting through playthrough after playthrough after playthrough to get all the scenes than me. Thanks for writing up the gist of a lot of them.

I feel a lot of the same things for this game. I love stories like this where they give us the narrative and characters in bits and pieces, some pieces more subtle or less subtle than other pieces, and we have to put it all together like a puzzle. You don't often get stories like this in video games and I wish we got more.

I kinda don't want a sequel to this, though. I feel like the story for this game is pretty much over. It could be fleshed out more, just not enough for a sequel. So, I don't feel a sequel would be appropriate.

If we ever got an addition to Abaddon as a series, I'd rather seen a remaster with some rewrites (To clean up messiness) and some expansions. I still wish Yuki and True Yuki routes weren't so very, very short. I wish they had an actual third act to them like Normal End and True End both got.

Explore the origins of the mansion in greater depth. A battle system that isn't the odious RPG Lite system that's been obsoleted 4 times over in the last 25 years. Puzzles that actually change with each playthrough. Let Homura unlock mid-gameplay time-travel after getting all four endings to make scene acquisition much less repetitive and time-consuming.

Or, rather than a sequel or remaster, just a whole other game with a completely different setting, cast, and story. Just keep the puzzling nature of the narrative. We don't need more enjoyable stand-alone things to turn into disappointing franchises. :V

Reactions: eryson and Beyo
After clearing the game about 7-15 times over, I've come to the conclusion that it would probably take about 40-60 hours for me to get through all CGs and small events, with every single party combination for each route. Too much reading and there's no log feature. After failing to trigger the "Separation" CG events for hopeless companions, I settled for a gallery save. That said, I did pay attention to some details and I'd like to share them to people in case they overlooked them. Some I think are worth thinking about, some are just trivial, and some you've probably already seen.

The story isn't bad, but it's pretty messy when it comes to the lore. Even now I have no complete conclusion on the timeline of events. Some parts have been messed up for me due to the typsetting. For whatever reason, some CGs come with the white text displaying on a white background. Other times the text is cut off from the side. Unreadable. Going blind in this game without a walkthrough is a death sentence if you're trying to get certain endings, as some events can are difficult to avoid triggering. There are a lot of small frustrating features. The fact you need to do several playthroughs for small events and CGs is staggering. The time sink and repetition needed is probably one of the worse I've seen in visual novels. Still, I enjoyed my time playing Abaddon and I hope to see more horror games like this one. There's room for a sequel, but I doubt Sakuraprin will develop one after all these years.
Where did you find the gallery save? The one in this thread does not work for me. If it is ok then can you please post yours?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Did anyone manage to get the updated version of the game (v1.03), and would be willing to share?
As a New Year's Gift, or somesuch! lol

Happy New Year dudes and dudettes!

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Did anyone manage to get the updated version of the game (v1.03), and would be willing to share?
As a New Year's Gift, or somesuch! lol

Happy New Year dudes and dudettes!
If you mean the update that came with NTR epilogues, BL content, and other content... The thread OP Mega link I used to download the game seems to be up to v1.03. I was able to access all that content just fine.

• Wow
Reactions: Zippix

eryson

Mar 8, 2018
Thank you again for the explanations!! yeah this game have a so complex story that is really open to a lot of conclusions and be confused, but I'll also take the explanation 1 as the true thing. :3

Even with all heavy elements in this game, I still love it pretty much, I'm really a fan of Sweet Home but this game become something very unique!!

There's another game of the series in development: "Abaddon School", but since the story is actually closed as you said, I asked the developer pesonally and they guaranteed that it will be happening in a alternate universe :3

trickwaters

Sep 8, 2019
, as obtained from itch.io. I also included in the ZIP a version of the guide linked earlier that I have edited and amended for clarity.

Changelog

Note that this version is still very much imperfect, despite what their changelog states, with several grammatical and typographical errors, wordwrap issues in Full Color CG scenes, and uncorrected white-on-white text obscurities.

EDIT: My habit of defaulting to playing through Locale Emulator messed up the font used in the CG scenes, which caused my wordwrap problems. /facepalm

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: huntiro and Zippix

eryson

Mar 8, 2018
v1.0.3, as obtained from itch.io. I also included in the ZIP a version of the guide linked earlier that I have edited and amended for clarity.

Changelog

Note that this version is still very much imperfect, despite what their changelog states, with several grammatical and typographical errors, wordwrap issues in Full Color CG scenes, and uncorrected white-on-white text obscurities.
I've bought the version of Fakku, do you knows if there's any differences? graphical changes, etc?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I've bought the version of Fakku, do you knows if there's any differences? graphical changes, etc?
Seems there is some miniscule difference (compared to the itch.io 1.03 one):
1641097458061.png
but that's all. That .docx is the edited walkthrough trickwaters mentioned.
As to which is the more updated... Short of someone decrypting those 3 files, it's anybody's guess. But probably near-zero difference.
Though that said, the changelog seems to be absolutely the same, so...

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yes, those are epilogues.
Okay So It took me awhile to get back on this game but there's just one thing
1641312500986.png

I can't open it with Yachika any idea how to open this thing aside from Yachika?

And Apparently I got this ending when I finished the game again the 2nd time after loading my save that is on the 1st playthrough

1641312658106.png
Like BL is even allowed in the epilogue? Well BL is fine with me also had Zero deaths which is kinda difficult

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
If you mean the update that came with NTR epilogues, BL content, and other content... The thread OP Mega link I used to download the game seems to be up to v1.03. I was able to access all that content just fine.
Hey so want to ask since you beat the game more but How did you solve this puzzle?
1641319748825.png

I literally checked all the walls on the hallway like this walkthrough said

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Hey so want to ask since you beat the game more but How did you solve this puzzle?
View attachment 1579547

I literally checked all the walls on the hallway like this walkthrough said
That one I had no patience for looking around, so I used the same walkthrough to operate switches in a basement room. Middle, Right, and Left are the order you want to flip the switches. In case you don't know where to do this, you want to go inside the basement. In the dark hallway, there's a door that faces your right. Use Seijiro's Lighter on the wall opposite from that door to open the door. Inside the room you'll find the switches you need.

Now if you tried to solve this one legitimately like I tried to but gave up early in, you'll find out that every hint is cryptic. Not to mention, it can be easy to overlook a statue.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Okay So It took me awhile to get back on this game but there's just one thing

I can't open it with Yachika any idea how to open this thing aside from Yachika?

And Apparently I got this ending when I finished the game again the 2nd time after loading my save that is on the 1st playthrough

Like BL is even allowed in the epilogue? Well BL is fine with me also had Zero deaths which is kinda difficult
That chest is impossible to open unless you have a "Gold Key." The walkthrough has an explanation, but I'll mention to you where to find it. You find the "Gold Key" only on the True Ending route. In the final dungeon, the gold key is hidden away from player view. Here's an image for reference.
Also, those epilogues happen automatically depending on the other party's members and their heart status. They're the same ones you view if both of your own party members enter a special relationship. By the way, if you turn off the BL content, the epilogues change and you're given a different CG.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
That one I had no patience for looking around, so I used the same walkthrough to operate switches in a basement room. Middle, Right, and Left are the order you want to flip the switches. In case you don't know where to do this, you want to go inside the basement. In the dark hallway, there's a door that faces your right. Use Seijiro's Lighter on the wall opposite from that door to open the door. Inside the room you'll find the switches you need.

Now if you tried to solve this one legitimately like I tried to but gave up early in, you'll find out that every hint is cryptic. Not to mention, it can be easy to overlook a statue.
Which basement room the one where even if you use a match or flashlight the light turns off? You mean this room? Took me a while to figure it out

1641327699422.png

1641327709228.png

By the way I'm the person who's kinda paranoid at games like these so what I do is check all the possible things that can be checked and Yes the hallway was the only with no hints except for the pillar near the door xD

Reactions: Beyo

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Which basement room the one where even if you use a match or flashlight the light turns off? You mean this room? Took me a while to figure it out

By the way I'm the person who's kinda paranoid at games like these so what I do is check all the possible things that can be checked and Yes the hallway was the only with no hints except for the pillar near the door xD
Glad you found it. That room is the one I was talking about. For the last part. Just examine the wall the statue is facing, and then flip the switches from Middle, Right, and Left. You should be good.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
That chest is impossible to open unless you have a "Gold Key." The walkthrough has an explanation, but I'll mention to you where to find it. You find the "Gold Key" only on the True Ending route. In the final dungeon, the gold key is hidden away from player view. Here's an image for reference.
Also, those epilogues happen automatically depending on the other party's members and their heart status. They're the same ones you view if both of your own party members enter a special relationship. By the way, if you turn off the BL content, the epilogues change and you're given a different CG.
Can it be gotten on the 2nd run? I'm currently on my 2nd run now so I'm asking if it is possible to get it also from the picture Is that the place where you literally passed and get the key? Last time I beat the Fear Incarnate the key turned to dust HAHAHAHA xD Ah so that's why I didn't know that the affection rate can change the CG Although I did try before but what I got was Rikana and Seijiro on the bed epilogue xD

Last edited:

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Glad you found it. That room is the one I was talking about. For the last part. Just examine the wall the statue is facing, and then flip the switches from Middle, Right, and Left. You should be good.
Also can you tell me what this is aside from my first question? xD 1641328528422.png

Does it mean that I should take out my rusty knife then kill the rat with it? And uhh You know about what you said about pressing the button 3 times? Before I even could choose the a button the game just stopped from it after attempting a 3rd press meaning I only choose to push the button 2 times the bookshelf fell in order

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Can it be gotten on the 2nd run? I'm currently on my 2nd run now so I'm asking if it is possible to get it also from the picture Is that the place where you literally passed and get the key? Last time I beat the Fear Incarnate the key turned to dust HAHAHAHA xD Ah so that's why I didn't know that the affection rate can change the CG Although I did try before but what I got was Rikana and Seijiro on the bed epilogue xD
Yeah. In fact, you can only get the "Gold Key" on your second run, because the True Ending route is only available on your second playthrough and beyond. The picture I gave you has the key there. It's hidden from view. You have to go underneath the area on the left in the image and find the key. 3 steps to the left and 1 step down from the image I showed you.

Also can you tell me what this is aside from my first question? xD

Does it mean that I should take out my rusty knife then kill the rat with it?
You can ignore the note you found about the rusty knife and rat. It's not necessary to progress through the game. If do choose to adhere to the note. First obtain the rusty knife. Unfortunately, I've forgotten where you can get a rusty knife in the East Wing playthrough. However, in the West Wing playthrough, I know you can get a rusty knife in the Chapel's first floor. After you acquire the rusty knife, you can find the dead rat in the corner of the East Wing's entrance. Remember the entrance that's by the first break room? You will find a dead rat if you examine the top of the corner tile. Use the rusty knife there and you a small event will trigger. From the dead rat you will find... A drink. Yes. A drink.

Just a small warning. Doing this event will decrease the affection of the heroine (the character with the highest affection) by 5.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah. In fact, you can only get the "Gold Key" on your second run, because the True Ending route is only available on your second playthrough and beyond. The picture I gave you has the key there. It's hidden from view. You have to go underneath the area on the left in the image and find the key. 3 steps to the left and 1 step down from the image I showed you.

You can ignore the note you found about the rusty knife and rat. It's not necessary to progress through the game. If do choose to adhere to the note. First obtain the rusty knife. Unfortunately, I've forgotten where you can get a rusty knife in the East Wing playthrough. However, in the West Wing playthrough, I know you can get a rusty knife in the Chapel's first floor. After you acquire the rusty knife, you can find the dead rat in the corner of the East Wing's entrance. Remember the entrance that's by the first break room? You will find a dead rat if you examine the top of the corner tile. Use the rusty knife there and you a small event will trigger. From the dead rat you will find... A drink. Yes. A drink.

Just a small warning. Doing this event will decrease the affection of the heroine (the character with the highest affection) by 5.
Oh I see But is it still possible to get on the 3rd run? I thought the True ending was available everytime Don't some game do that?

I didn't notice the rat on the east wing tho? But I noticed it on my 1st run I think it was on the bed on my first run so Homura was saying that there's a dead rat on the bed so he can't sleep on it

So yeah Literally checked it the 2nd time it's not there xD
1641329972654.png

I don't know if this rat will appear later on But I'm pretty sure I've seen it on my first playthrough

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes