Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Amazing game, with loads of potential and content at this early stage.

Too bad it is abandoned. :/

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
Should this game really be listed as a VN? It gives off the idea that there is no gameplay and that it uses CG instead of being an actual 3D game.

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
Definitely not your typical VN. I really like this dev. He posts weekly updates, has some good content in there, and only charges his patrons for major updates. One of the few I actually pledge to. He deserves more.

The one thing that kind of takes away from the experience is the script. I've been considering rewriting the entire thing for him (via the spellcheck thing), keeping it true to each character's personality, just fixing grammar/inconsistencies/falsehoods/etc, but I'm not sure how it would be received. Plus I haven't really had the time to seriously consider it yet.

coaiereci

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
Should this game really be listed as a VN? It gives off the idea that there is no gameplay and that it uses CG instead of being an actual 3D game.
No idea why it's in the VN section, since it's more of a FP RPG.

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
The one thing that kind of takes away from the experience is the script.
That's what I've been thinking. Game would benefit greatly if he got someone to go through and fix the grammar as well as lose the ALL CAPS that everything is said in.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
The gameplay is god aweful. How can people say it has potential? for starters all my shit is fuzzy and cant read any interface and the graphics options are zero help for this. The interaction system is kinda meh and the game leaves zero clues as to what the fuck you are supposed to do. the hacking interface was the last straw for me. I have no idea what the hell is going on and keep pressing random buttons until the wavelength seems simlar, but still fails. then there is some wierd binary with codes on the lower left but no idea what to do with them before again, fails.

I'm sure its a good game under great conditions and you have been following it since it started, but to me just coming in its a complete mess and this has had at least a year of development to get this far.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The gameplay is god aweful. How can people say it has potential? for starters all my shit is fuzzy and cant read any interface and the graphics options are zero help for this. The interaction system is kinda meh and the game leaves zero clues as to what the fuck you are supposed to do. the hacking interface was the last straw for me. I have no idea what the hell is going on and keep pressing random buttons until the wavelength seems simlar, but still fails. then there is some wierd binary with codes on the lower left but no idea what to do with them before again, fails.

I'm sure its a good game under great conditions and you have been following it since it started, but to me just coming in its a complete mess and this has had at least a year of development to get this far.
I had no trouble with the graphics in my 3-4 years old PC, maybe the problem is something in your end?

Also the game states where you should go, so how is that leaving zero clues? However i agree about the hacking instructions they are weird indeed, but it didn't took me long to figure it out what i needed to do on my own.

ps: i found this game less than 2 weeks ago.;)

Reactions: Matoke

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
The gameplay is god aweful. How can people say it has potential? for starters all my shit is fuzzy and cant read any interface and the graphics options are zero help for this.
Game looks fine if you set the graphics to fantastic I think you just left it at their lowest setting lol. As for the hacking it's a dumb minigame that needs to be changed but you can do it in like 2 mins.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Okies, for anyone that doesn't goes to the creator's Patreon's site home page, he's currently working on finishing up the Crew Quarters sector, of adding stuff & items in there, then he'll be working on the final sector of adding the Control Command sector, then that'll be it for the game, then he'll be working on any bugs & glitches in the game, then that'll be it for the game, so the game is nearly done.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017

when you launch the game you will get the setting screen to set resolution and such.. change the quality setting to fantastic to fix the blurry ui

Reactions: Angrah and Krull

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
The one thing that kind of takes away from the experience is the script. I've been considering rewriting the entire thing for him (via the spellcheck thing), keeping it true to each character's personality, just fixing grammar/inconsistencies/falsehoods/etc, but I'm not sure how it would be received. Plus I haven't really had the time to seriously consider it yet.
Someone else has tried that before and I also spent about 15 hours doing it myself to no avail. There's a fundamental problem with the dialogue system (last build, anyway) that repeats specific lines as a shortcut. If you change a line, you never know how many hours down the road the game will pull up that line again for something totally unrelated, usually multiple times. It makes anything besides simple yes and no responses moot for a portion of the dialogue, I'm afraid.

If there's a way around this issue then work can begin in earnest as it could use a large scale rewrite.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Anytime that kinda shit happens in a game run it in admin mode.
Well, I deleted the game. The loading screen was very laggy, also. I wasn't expecting much of the game performance, even if it would load up completely. But ty for the suggestion.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Well, I deleted the game. The loading screen was very laggy, also. I wasn't expecting much of the game performance, even if it would load up completely. But ty for the suggestion.
Not to sound like a asshole but you need a better comp my dude

You either

A. ran the gfx higher then your comp could handle
OR
B. Had a abundance of horse shit programs running in the back (Skype Steam Ect Ect) The kinda shit that will eat memory when you are not looking. -_-

Reactions: DLSmaster
4.40 star(s) 55 Votes