D

Dr PinkCake

Ok i redownloaded the game with the extras as well i even deleted the old game i had and used the new download. i still get all sceens with the people be it Liam or Megan or Leah dont matter i see from the chin down nothing else. And when i get to the end of chap 1 where it gives you the stats right after that i get an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/episode2.rpy", line 5, in <module>
NameError: name 'askAboutHints' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "episode2.rpyc", line 5, in script
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\unused Desktop\Sex Games Working\ActingLessons\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\unused Desktop\Sex Games Working\ActingLessons\renpy\python.py", line 1919, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\unused Desktop\Sex Games Working\ActingLessons\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/episode2.rpy", line 5, in <module>
NameError: name 'askAboutHints' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Acting lessons 0.1.0
Fri Jul 13 15:58:47 2018

sooo no clue what is happening :( please help lol i really really like this game obviously i took out my name and put user name in there but still you get the picture i hope lol
This line right here: Acting lessons 0.1.0
Tells me that you are playing an older version.
Also this line: NameError: name 'askAboutHints' is not defined
Also tells me that you are playing an older version and not the current build. I suspect that you have merged files from new and old versions somehow...

My advice: Delete EVERYTHING related to the game. Download it again and start the game anew.
Don't continue using any old save. This shouldn't yield the error log you just posted and it shouldn't change your resolution. I've read that some users experience issues with having RenPy games installed in C drive; you might want to try D: or any other non-system drive.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
One caveat: you can leave the old saves, just don't use them. That way, all your "skip" data will be available and you can speed to the points you left off on.

Just remember to save your new games OVER the old ones.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
This line right here: Acting lessons 0.1.0
Tells me that you are playing an older version.
Also this line: NameError: name 'askAboutHints' is not defined
Also tells me that you are playing an older version and not the current build. I suspect that you have merged files from new and old versions somehow...

My advice: Delete EVERYTHING related to the game. Download it again and start the game anew.
Don't continue using any old save. This shouldn't yield the error log you just posted and it shouldn't change your resolution. I've read that some users experience issues with having RenPy games installed in C drive; you might want to try D: or any other non-system drive.
Ok will delete again and redownload again :) lol oh well i really do like this game and am willing to do what i need to do to play it lol. I even just did a search for everything on my computer for Acting lessons the only thing left for the game is a walkthrough if i need it. now to redownload it. and give it a go

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Ok i am now in Act 3 and it is working properly. Not sure how i got them mixed up but everything is going just fine.

Myscho

Jun 30, 2018
Maybe there will be option for "slightly open relationship", because Rena is cute and shouldnt be left alone

tg

May 1, 2017
Yeah, I played this game. I think the story is pretty well developed. I like how the characters come and go, and how they fit together. I like that there's a selection of girls you can spend time with.

Right now, I'm stringing them all along, but I think I have made a mistake in declaring love for Megan too soon. Or, perhaps that's going to be the forced/default position for the story to go forward with anyway? I don't know, since I didn't test the other combination of choices would lead to.

I would like to have the option to encourage Liam to date Melissa. I like how they are together, but it always comes back to the MC being the focus. I didn't investigate what this big secret Liam has. But, it might be NTR territory or something? Either way, I'm happy for him.

So, is it a mistake in stringing them all along, and keeping doors open? Will it all end in a big, dirty mess in the subsequent chapters, or will there always be options to drop/pickup girls in the final chapter or so to get the relationship you most want?

I do think it's pretty novel to have the MC dating these women and juggling his time with them. Hiding somethings, revealing others. I'm not exactly sure where it might all lead though. But, I do like the idea playing /now/ and then moving on when it's demanded (or discovered).

Oh right. I guess I kind of just realized what Liam's big secret is. But, it seems like a spoiler, so I'll laugh about it with myself a bit.

Long post. But, I'd just like to rate the girls: Rena > Leah > Melissa > Hedwig > Megan > Angela > Ana.

I like different aspects of these girls. But, I have to say I think Rena is really quite beautiful with those eyes. Pretty. Very, very pretty. Oh, and just for the record, I think Megan would have looked better with different colored eyes. But, I think it doesn't much matter. I do think at some point there should be a way to part ways with her, to focus on someone else, or have her with someone in an open relationship. I do like the idea of filling that house up with this and that girl...

Reactions: hrhr and Floga

willembever22

Jan 8, 2018
Yeah, I played this game. I think the story is pretty well developed. I like how the characters come and go, and how they fit together. I like that there's a selection of girls you can spend time with.

Right now, I'm stringing them all along, but I think I have made a mistake in declaring love for Megan too soon. Or, perhaps that's going to be the forced/default position for the story to go forward with anyway? I don't know, since I didn't test the other combination of choices would lead to.

I would like to have the option to encourage Liam to date Melissa. I like how they are together, but it always comes back to the MC being the focus. I didn't investigate what this big secret Liam has. But, it might be NTR territory or something? Either way, I'm happy for him.

So, is it a mistake in stringing them all along, and keeping doors open? Will it all end in a big, dirty mess in the subsequent chapters, or will there always be options to drop/pickup girls in the final chapter or so to get the relationship you most want?

I do think it's pretty novel to have the MC dating these women and juggling his time with them. Hiding somethings, revealing others. I'm not exactly sure where it might all lead though. But, I do like the idea playing /now/ and then moving on when it's demanded (or discovered).

Oh right. I guess I kind of just realized what Liam's big secret is. But, it seems like a spoiler, so I'll laugh about it with myself a bit.

Long post. But, I'd just like to rate the girls: Rena > Leah > Melissa > Hedwig > Megan > Angela > Ana.

I like different aspects of these girls. But, I have to say I think Rena is really quite beautiful with those eyes. Pretty. Very, very pretty. Oh, and just for the record, I think Megan would have looked better with different colored eyes. But, I think it doesn't much matter. I do think at some point there should be a way to part ways with her, to focus on someone else, or have her with someone in an open relationship. I do like the idea of filling that house up with this and that girl...
Liam can get (Hedwig maybe) and Angela, the others girls are mine :p

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
Liam can have the nurse. They should fall in love after she gives him those shots for Buster the Bodycrab. :eek:penedeyewink:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Surely you've hopped over to Patreon to give this man some money, right? Here's what he does with your support:

Patrons only
Jul 17 at 8:37am
Hi!
Since the last status update I've mainly produced renders and animations, as the script is close to being completed.

This is the current status of Episode 4 development.

Completed:
- Script is 95% done. I'm waiting on animations to finish rendering in order to finalize it.

- 617 renders are completed (For comparison purposes, Episode 3 had 647 renders)

- 20 animations are completed (Among which, 8 are unique and 12 are speed variations.)

Left to do:

- 2 animations are in queue for rendering and 5-7 unique animations need to be prepared.

- 71 renders are in queue for rendering and less than 140 renders remain to prepare (Hard to know the exact number as I use dummy variables in the script.).

I estimate that the overall progress currently is:

The poll on the progress bar is currently not convincing enough to make it available for non-patrons. Don't forget to cast your vote .

I can't put a release date for Episode 4 yet, but hopefully I can give you an estimate soon.

One thing is certain though, it's not far off.

Cheers!

Dr PinkCake

4.60 star(s) 811 Votes