3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong? Because I can't load any save file.
You need to type in the name of the file, click the button that says "Load", and *then* click the arrow to start the game. If you click the arrow without loading the file, you just start a new game. And if you load the file without clicking the arrow, you won't leave that screen.

dragonalthor

Nov 14, 2021
That is an issue with the game being still in development. As I build more of the game, the convolution becomes less of an issue, as you hit fewer dead ends. So, it's largely a self-correcting problem.
It seems like you haven't read/ignoring any of the reviews that have posted much more in depth on the problems I touched on, the triggers for specific scenarios are inane, obtuse, and entirely unwieldy for most people to find without being glued to a walkthrough, which is just not a fun way to play a game. Unless there is a planned overhaul that helps a player to figure some of that out on their own it will not fix those issues, dead ends are not the problem.

It really has a lot of potential and wish the project all the best. If it was just bad then I would ignore it and move on, but because there is so much to like is the only reason that I felt like pointing out what flaw the game does have(quite a big one imo) and hope that it all comes together and is successful for those working on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeroed in

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Well, it only seems "inane, obtuse, and unwieldy" because you're looking at it in reverse. You're starting from the point of "I know from spoilers that this can happen, but how am I supposed to know in advance how to make it happen?" whereas I'm writing from a starting point and saying "What makes sense to happen next, what options are available to the player now, and/or what will other involved characters do in reaction to what's going on?"

There is no way to solve this problem in game, as the only way for the game to guide you to your desired outcome would be to basically make the game spoil the plotlines before they happen which I don't think makes for good storytelling. Or, I would need to make the story so predictable that you don't have any difficulty figuring out which decisions lead to what outcomes, which would also cheapen the storytelling.

The kind of game experience I am crafting is not one where you choose an ending and try to "solve" the path that leads you there. It's meant to be that you start from the beginning and see where the story takes you based on the decisions you make.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
So, with Spiral Clicker reaching Feature Complete, I have moved Adventure High to the main dev cycle. This cycle started off rough, as I got sick right at the start of it but I'm making up for lost time as best as I can. There are two days left of live updates, and I have about 15 new scenes added so far. Largely focusing on the monster ranch, but also getting a few character scenes too.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Live updates are the active development cycle; I upload every new feature or scene as I complete them. It allows players to get access to new scenes as soon as possible.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So apparently the latest update went public over 10 days ago, despite still not being here. The download is available from the itch.io link.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah I forgot to post about the new update; been doing a lot of coding and I can end up forgetting to post things when I've got code on the brain. Live updates will be starting in the next few days for this months adventure high update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: fsatti2000

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I finally got around to playing a bit after the addition of the new UI, and... It definitely needs some work in places. The part most immediately in need of a fix is the combat, where the spell selection takes up the entire screen, so you can't even see what you're fighting until after you've chosen a spell and are choosing a target. This is especially problematic since that screen pops up automatically as soon as it's your turn. But another thing that definitely doesn't work well in its current form is those big, dark red arrows with black numbers inside that are hard to read. They literally hurt my eyes. I'm not the biggest fan of the new spell icons, either, but I don't know if that's just something that takes getting used to.

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, the red arrows really dontt work with the numbers. I think there was a misunderstanding on how the arrows would be used. I am working on figuring out a new solution for the arrows so they still look like they lead places when clicking on them, but work better with the keyboard numbers written on them.

I do agree with the spell menu being too big; and in fact, the spell menu I used is smaller and simpler than what was actually delivered by the Ui artist. Which upset the Ui artist; they actually were upset enough to ask for their name to not be included in any credits for the game due to the final assembly deviating from their design.

I did manage to add a way to cancel your spell selection though; an X should appear on the lower right of the field which brings your spell menu back up and allows you to select a new spell.

Reactions: Sunshaded

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
0.67 is up on Patreon. It probably won't be posted here before it goes public (or even after it goes public...), but I snagged the changelog for it.

V0.67

- 4 Extended Bedroom Play scenes added for Dr. Tiff.
- 4 Extended Library scenes added for Ashley.
- 2 scenes added for Kate Booked plot.
- 3 scenes added for June.
- 2 scenes added to Victoria transformation plot.
- 1 scene added to Molly willing slave plot.
- 3 Extended Bedroom play scenes added for Ms. Rack.
- 1 scene added to Molly Romance plot.
- 1 scene added to Jane's extra credit.
- Alure Fish handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Frost Troll handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.

And here's what was new in the previous update:

V0.66:

- Bad Bud Handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Mandragora Handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Normal Ashley Bedroom scene extended.
- Mature Slime Handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Alure Fish Flashing scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Bad Bud Flashing scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Ice Troll Flashing scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Tough Sarah Bedroom Scene extended.
- Needy Sarah Bedroom Scene extended.
- Mandragora Flashing scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Mature Slime Flashing scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Aquatic Girl handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Plant Girl handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Slime Girl handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
- Rubber Naga handjob scene added to Monster Ranch.
Apparently June is a new character? Dev says it's not a typo of Jane, and "No, you haven't missed anyone... yet."

Reactions: Sunshaded

HypnoChanger

Game Developer
Feb 12, 2018
The new version, 0.67 is up now. Rosen posted the patch notes just a couple posts up. The Itch.io link is still the same as it was before,

June is not the name of the frost queen; she is a new character who first appears in this update.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
HypnoChanger Since you are pretty active on this thread, you should ask for control of it.

That way you can also correct the tags (since I read that there isn't any besty content, which I was about to ignore the game completely because of :S )

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So how do we meet June? Based on the images in the files, I have a pretty good idea of who she is, but no clue of how to meet her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is there any way to get all the CG for this game/extract it?
All of the CGs are loose and unencrypted in the game's folder, so you can just grab the game and open them up.

Linkmzm

Oct 31, 2018
so i am a little bit confused because when i open the game i see v0.66 but here it's said v0.67

3.30 star(s) 10 Votes