Mr. C1oud

Mar 30, 2021
Could you tell me where you're playing this?
From the looks of it this is not even v0.1.5 (BP were removed in that version). Quick menu looks wrong too. I'm assuming it's a mod or a repack of an old version so it's likely to have issues
Oh thank you so much, i tried downloading v0.1.6 and it worked. By the way, this game is great, can't wait to play the next version. Love you <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Oh thank you so much, i tried downloading v0.1.6 and it worked. By the way, this game is great, can't wait to play the next version. Love you <3
Good to know, glad you're enjoying the game <3
I am still curious where you downloaded the version you had previously. I've seen people report this problem before but I know for a fact it's not a thing in my builds, so it's gotta be someone's mod that I don't know about.

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
PastryIRL, mind sharing the encoding settings you used for the Darkness maid videos? Starting with darkness_maid 4.webm it became too much for my potato even being vp8 encoded. The bitrate was too much for it. Rather it was too much in Ren'Py :mad:. I was curious if I could drop the encoding settings a bit if it would still maintain enough quality.

I guess you could just consider my CPU to be under spec, but I don't have issues running the game otherwise.

I actually have a different solution to this as this isn't the only game to give me the problem. I finally got around to trying out . Despite what commit mentions, enabling mmx & mmxext offered a massive performance improvement during playback on my PC. Even the OpeningMovie.webm plays smoothly now. Caveat being I built it with zero of the SDKs. Still no luck with the vp9 Ren'Py bug though.

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
PastryIRL, mind sharing the encoding settings you used for the Darkness maid videos?
All of the webm animations are encoded using the same settings:
Vp8 - Constrained Bitrate, 90 Quality, 6000 kb/s

Ren'Py 8.1 for improper playback of video files (which directly fixes the vp9 issue and hopefully should fix your problem as well).

Reactions: gojira667

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Ren'Py 8.1 for improper playback of video files (which directly fixes the vp9 issue and hopefully should fix your problem as well).
So, current nightly with your vp9_test sample project and no good. Swapping darkness_maid 4.webm into the sample project, CPU still maxes at that bitrate and playback stutters on my potato.

With the stock vp9_test sample project, CPU is maxed out when playing the vp9 vid which is causing frame drops. Updating renpy-build & renpy to current Git, building with mmxs enabled and replacing the lib/py3-linux-x86_64 in the nightly with the custom build helps. CPU is no longer maxed out and playback is improved. It still is dropping frames, but more evenly? Certainly doesn't feel like 60 FPS. Whereas renpy-8.0.3-sdk with a custom lib build it stutters much more noticeably during playback.

It doesn't look quite fixed to me. The vp8 vid plays just fine by comparison.

Mr. C1oud

Mar 30, 2021
Good to know, glad you're enjoying the game <3
I am still curious where you downloaded the version you had previously. I've seen people report this problem before but I know for a fact it's not a thing in my builds, so it's gotta be someone's mod that I don't know about.
I don't know why but this is just Vietnamese translation, v0.1.4, no mod, no cheat.

• Red Heart

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
maybe add some ntr
For me it would be perfect if the game never has NTR.

But, in the case that NTR is added, in my opinion, it should be in the form of including a button at the beginning that says (or perhaps a summary of it): "Route where NTR will never occur even by mistake." "Route where you can choose whether or not the NTR happens."

The important thing is that at least one of the routes doesn't have NTR even as a remote possibility.

In any case, I would not add NTR. The game already has a harem player base, and many will run away if they see that tag included.

Isn't that what Aqua is for? lol

View attachment 2417609
I like Aqua's route.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Dunno why NTR is now being brought up again. Dev has already addressed this - no plans for NTR, unless somehow they magically get enough time to be able to get time to do a dual path (ie light/dark NTR/No-NTR).

Friendly note: Forums search function is very useful :)

While this was a year ago now, I somehow don't think anything has really changed from when they posted this (ie having the time to do dual paths for light/dark NTR/non-NTR): https://f95zone.to/threads/adventurer-trainer-v0-1-6a-pastryirl.101740/post-7605398

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
no NTR in this house, ONLY HAREM ROUTE!
Normally I would agree, but keep in mind one of those harem members is Aqua.

Aqua is the anime equivalent of Peg Bundy when you think about it lol.

Peg Bundy.jpg

I think theres already a ntr game with konosuba setting.:unsure:
And if theres gonna be ntr it would be more like go after somesones wife like cheating because Kazuma is to cowardly and posseive to do ntr.
The kind of NTR I was thinking of would be Kazuma trying to pass off Aqua to one of his rivals for some peace and quiet only to have them send her back after having to put up with her noise/ debt creating.

• Red Heart

DrIvanR1314

Jun 27, 2020
Normally I would agree, but keep in mind one of those harem members is Aqua.

Aqua is the anime equivalent of Peg Bundy when you think about it lol.

View attachment 2419925

The kind of NTR I was thinking of would be Kazuma trying to pass off Aqua to one of his rivals for some peace and quiet only to have them send her back after having to put up with her noise/ debt creating.

I would rather train Aqua into my pet Goddess, then make her a NTR duijin victim. That is me being possessive of waifus.

QRH

Apr 27, 2021
Bug on 0.1.6a. You can receive two copies of a book if you haven't finished reading it. When you finish the book, one copy gets tossed but the other copy remains. If you read the second copy of a finished book, RenPy crashes. IIRC it's an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception.

Impact is minimal since you can rollback without issue. But you can never get rid of the second book.

Possible solutions: prevent pickup of a book you already own, or toss all copies of a book when it's completed, or have the ability to sell the extra copy.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/books.rpy", line 97, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "scripts/mansion.rpyc", line 122, in script call
  File "scripts/books.rpyc", line 84, in script call
  File "scripts/books.rpyc", line 97, in script call
  File "scripts/books.rpyc", line 111, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1710, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 342, in evaluate
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1092, in py_eval