JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
And suddenly she went silent...

I'm sad to tell you that I had a hard disk failure like 3 weeks ago which killed mostly everything of my 3d-work in Daz Studio and tons of other things. Not so long ago I've moved my Daz Workspace to an old SSD to reduce loading times of my scenes and models in DAZ Studio. Unfortunately what I forgot to do was to update my backup system which still made simple backups from the former location of my Daz Workspace.

And then one day early in October I woke up my computer from sleepmode and noticed that my music didn't play anymore. Shortly after I noticed that one Drive was missing from my computer...

Well, I was close to send the SSD in to a professional DATA recovery company, but since I had very recent copies of my professional work data and was only missing more or less unimportant data, this wouldn't really stand for the cost such things cost. Well, I accepted the loss and just started to re-do the things in Daz. That's where I noticed that after working on Alona for ... I have no idea for how long but it's far more than a year. I not only worked with items I bought from DAZ and Renderosity but also had created tons of custom items which of course were lost as well. Things like custom Skin settings, Custom Morphs and even a few self made textures and 3d-objects... not to forget all the many poses which I created...

Anyways at this point I couldn't do anything against and just started to work on Alona again. Back then I didn't tell you to not look like I wanted to sneak away from my work with a cheap face-saver. So, instead my plan was to re-do everything quickly...

Well, it's now 3 weeks and I've recovered my work to a point where I would be able to continue my work, but all my models look slightly different now. Mostly because of shader options which I couldn't remember anymore. Some of my models were created many months ago without a proper plan or so... But also poses and expressions didn't fit 100%...

So as an example, I already rendered tons of Bust pictures of Alona with expressions that could be put on top of her bust picture to save time. But now since I don't have the original pose and camera position, and skin options. I can't expand this busts anymore at least in 3d... of course I could do some 2d-photoshop edits...

New scene renders wouldn't suffer much... I think. Well, ...

On the bright side, this crash forced me to do things that were long overdue. Daz Studio was in a state of complete overload. My scenes took up to 5 minutes to load. Posing was often so slow that I lost my nerves and just deleted the scene and closed Daz instead of continue working on it. And often when I woke up in the morning all I found on my PC was an error message instead of a finished rendered picture. That's not the case anymore, Daz works nicely now. I only install what I really, really need and not like before having everything I got installed, in case I maybe want to use this or that character or morph or face or whatever...

So... things will continue, and probably better than before but... just that you know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Damn, that bad luck. I'm so sorry that you lost all that work, the truth is that it is a huge shit, but I'm glad you haven't lost your will and keep working, any Alona you make will be great for sure, don't worry about that. Thank you very much for your dedication!
Yeah, I was very frustrated. But as I said, on the bright side I got rid of all the trash and got a very clean system. I'm still in the process of reconstructing all the characters and props, but today I finished Alona's grey suit and her black underwear and I decided to render a couple of pics to see if the things I have in mind can work. Here are the first few renders, but there will be more to come... no writing this time. Cheers and thanks for your nice words.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Yeah, I was very frustrated. But as I said, on the bright side I got rid of all the trash and got a very clean system. I'm still in the process of reconstructing all the characters and props, but today I finished Alona's grey suit and her black underwear and I decided to render a couple of pics to see if the things I have in mind can work. Here are the first few renders, but there will be more to come... no writing this time. Cheers and thanks for your nice words.
I am glad your working on this, It is or was for me one of the best corruption RPG maker games I have played.

I enjoyed all aspects of the original (even the fetishes that many do not like as they seemed to be used for further humiliation, and that for that reason made sense to me ), with the exception of controlling your school rep, and Alertness.

( not that that was not needed, to put pressure on my game play) I just wish sort of they had built in a cheat on that allowing you to freeze it maybe after a first game play through. ( sort of a now you can have fun with the game thing reward )

I managed that as you know with cheat engine no problem, but a built in advantage might have been nice, as a reward for finishing the game once.

Your images are amazing. I was thinking maybe Alona was a little bulkier than I remember in some of your images, but she always had a full body, so It may just be my imagination on that.

Great stuff, really looking forward to it.

Reactions: JasNom

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I really thought about doing just a few small patches to the original (in addition to my remake), to do exactly that. Because often I really doubt that all the things I'm adding is really improving the game... anyways.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with Alona looking bulkier... bulkier now than my renders before, or bulkier than the original? Or is she not bulky enough now? And yes, in my images everything changes from one scene to the next. Simply because I have to use tons of different mechanics to fit the actual scene or the actual outfit or whatever. The concept of Daz is to sell many products and not so much to make things great for storytelling. And the rig is very crappy compared to other 3d-software. So, yes things differe a lot, because it would often take a lot of time to achieve lets say the same boob-size with morph B as it looked like with morph A. For an example when you use the cleavage morph you would think that the boobs just would get pushed together, what they do, but in addition they get bigger because it's not a precise morph...

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I really thought about doing just a few small patches to the original (in addition to my remake), to do exactly that. Because often I really doubt that all the things I'm adding is really improving the game... anyways.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with Alona looking bulkier... bulkier now than my renders before, or bulkier than the original? Or is she not bulky enough now? And yes, in my images everything changes from one scene to the next. Simply because I have to use tons of different mechanics to fit the actual scene or the actual outfit or whatever. The concept of Daz is to sell many products and not so much to make things great for storytelling. And the rig is very crappy compared to other 3d-software. So, yes things differe a lot, because it would often take a lot of time to achieve lets say the same boob-size with morph B as it looked like with morph A. For an example when you use the cleavage morph you would think that the boobs just would get pushed together, what they do, but in addition they get bigger because it's not a precise morph...
Yeah I used poser or played with it for years, and and messed with Victoria until G3 I think, I use daz a little now just for playing around with stuff, but you are exactly right, daz just fling's out stuff in what ever way will sell more of it.

I felt the best version of Victoria was G1. I could make most anything and do most anything with that version ( One model for all things ), and my poses were usable from it with G2 as well as all my older pose's from Victoria 4.

Then G3 came along, and all my pose's I had worked so hard to create were trashed. Daz is nothing but a money sponge, and I have finally freed myself from doing anything much with it now.

It is addictive though once you get started creating stuff with it though, and every time I started I would see something else I needed, and once I got it find out I needed something else :( . ( And that something else would force the need for something else ;( .)

But you are doing much better stuff than I ever could I just dabbled in it more as a pass time than anything.

As to the bulky you're using a very realistic body, I tended to play with a more fantasy style body with the perfect hour glass fantasy figure ( no bumps no bulges ), but I very much like what you are doing, and have enjoyed all your images very much.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
DAZ has a really good marketing, and I respect their efforts but I think I'm healed from falling in love with every new female model they bring out. Today making scenes is my main concern and I only buy items I really need for those scenes. But reassured, I've wasted tons of money purchasing a lot of crap before I learned my lesson. My product library at DAZ is 19 pages long, at Rendo I've 57 orders (~3-4 items / order) and a similar number of orders at Renderotica.

Yes my Alona is a bit 'bulky' I always (from my childhood on) liked mature and curvy women. What you call bumps and bulges are 3 morphs (hip size, hip bone size and love handles) what makes the base of child bearing hips (is this term still political corret? ;-) ). But nuff said, lets continue with Alona and Katsuo.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
DAZ has a really good marketing, and I respect their efforts but I think I'm healed from falling in love with every new female model they bring out. Today making scenes is my main concern and I only buy items I really need for those scenes. But reassured, I've wasted tons of money purchasing a lot of crap before I learned my lesson. My product library at DAZ is 19 pages long, at Rendo I've 57 orders (~3-4 items / order) and a similar number of orders at Renderotica.

Yes my Alona is a bit 'bulky' I always (from my childhood on) liked mature and curvy women. What you call bumps and bulges are 3 morphs (hip size, hip bone size and love handles) what makes the base of child bearing hips (is this term still political corret? ;-) ). But nuff said, lets continue with Alona and Katsuo.
could you add option that will keep her bush clean? I know we don't have that option in original game, but really hope you could add it, I mean if there aren't too much works for it. Thx for making a good game greater, really looking forward to it.

Reactions: Autarchy and JasNom

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
could you add option that will keep her bush clean? I know we don't have that option in original game, but really hope you could add it, I mean if there aren't too much works for it. Thx for making a good game greater, really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately not. Alona is very old school and will not deliberately shave herself. But I heard rumors, that one bad student keeps his teacher slaves shaved all the time and is punishing them when they're not. ;-)

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
Well, it seems my bad luck doesn't want to end. For some reason RPG-Maker MV doesn't start anymore apparently since my SSD crashed and nobody knows why. It's funny that every other RPG-Maker from XP to MZ works without any problem. I've also converted the project to MZ but unfortunately there is no support for large sprites.

The RPG-Maker support is really friendly and helpful, but they couldn't help me, so all that's left is to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, this machine is also the one I have all my day work on and I really don't want go through a reinstall if not absolutely necessary.

However, a while ago truesatan suggested to try Ren'py which I didn't really know back then. But well, with MV down and MZ lacking the necessary plugins, I recalled having a version of Agent Alona he converted to Ren'py and has send to me at this time. It wasn't the whole game, but enough to work with at least until I get RPG-Maker MV running again. I think back then he's also done a more advanced version with GUI elements but either he never uploaded it to the share he showed me or I never downloaded this version... anyways. Here is how the very basic version looks like (And yeah, I've just 'finished' recreating the Principal's office' this are mostly the original parts from Combin instead of i13s Estate Agents Office):

hope you like it.

Last edited:

dr.pepperino

Apr 29, 2019
So something weird is happening with the game
When I start the game the character goes right without any input and stays there making the game unplayable
Anyone may know why this happens?

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
about controlling your school rep, company rep, and Alertness.

Might be possible to add ability to buy a few potions, say three that would raise it by 10, and three that would lower it by 10. One for each event or stat that needed to be controlled. (Of course being able to lock them or move them up or down would also be very nice)

I have seen similar done in a few other games. (Succulence) would be one that did that I believe that maker of that game very much patterned it off combin Ation style of game. (Succulence) is a very good game of very similar events.

I have always managed with Cheat engine, but would be nice to have a cheat feature in game to do this.

Reactions: gamiat and JasNom

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017

Might be possible to add ability to buy a few potions, say three that would raise it by 10, and three that would lower it by 10. One for each event or stat that needed to be controlled. (Of course being able to lock them or move them up or down would also be very nice)

I have seen similar done in a few other games. (Succulence) would be one that did that I believe that maker of that game very much patterned it off combin Ation style of game. (Succulence) is a very good game of very similar events.

I have always managed with Cheat engine, but would be nice to have a cheat feature in game to do this.
Would be possible, but who wants to work with rpg maker xp these days hehe
In my to vx ace converted version i have some stuff added long time ago,
like portable wardrobe and so on. But the easiest way is to decompile
the game and set the variables to the value you need. you only need to start
the game with test. See here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/putting-rpg-maker-games-into-debug-test-mode.4523/
Decryptor is here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-unpacker.50/
Move the decrypted files into the alona folder and run game.exe test
Cheers

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Would be possible, but who wants to work with rpg maker xp these days hehe
In my to vx ace converted version i have some stuff added long time ago,
like portable wardrobe and so on. But the easiest way is to decompile
the game and set the variables to the value you need. you only need to start
the game with test. See here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/putting-rpg-maker-games-into-debug-test-mode.4523/
Decryptor is here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-unpacker.50/
Move the decrypted files into the alona folder and run game.exe test
Cheers
I have all that I was just thinking about the remake that JasNom has been doing..

In fact I believe for this game RpgMakerSaveEdit will be enough for most things like that.

truesatan

Jan 8, 2017
I have all that I was just thinking about the remake that JasNom has been doing..

In fact I believe for this game RpgMakerSaveEdit will be enough for most things like that.
But you have to save, edit and then load again. Usually easier if you just edit something in
the variables and switches.
And not everyone gets how to use cheatengine to modify the values "on the fly".
Cheers

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018

Right now, I've stopped working on the RPG-Maker version because I can't start RPG-Maker MV one one side and MZ is lacking the plugins. But it's a good idea. Where would you put such a shop. On the street like in Succulence or into the school? Probably on a student at the backyard?

Unfortunately I'm lacking the patience to play through Succulence but you're talking about that 'Special Succubus Shop' the main character can go after she's done the contract with the Succubus. But yes, such a shop can be added to the game. Actually, it wouldn't be much effort to add that to the original XP-Version right now.

I anyway lost a bit of my way after the SSD-Crash... let me see.

There're several spots in the game where Combin wanted to add some content but never finished it. One of those places is on the 4th Floor. Usually there isn't way there, but we've opened the entrance and removed the Under Construction Block:

If those inactive computers could be used to change variables and switches? ;-)

Last edited:

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Where would you put such a shop. On the street like in Succulence or into the school? Probably on a student at the backyard?

But yes, such a shop can be added to the game. Actually, it wouldn't be much effort to add that to the original XP-Version right now.
I was wondering if something like a phone could be placed in Alona's apartment. And one could place orders there for potions and such? (Some sort of online service Maybe?)

Reactions: Autarchy

Autarchy

Nov 5, 2017
Right now, I've stopped working on the RPG-Maker version because I can't start RPG-Maker MV one one side and MZ is lacking the plugins. But it's a good idea. Where would you put such a shop. On the street like in Succulence or into the school? Probably on a student at the backyard?

Unfortunately I'm lacking the patience to play through Succulence but you're talking about that 'Special Succubus Shop' the main character can go after she's done the contract with the Succubus. But yes, such a shop can be added to the game. Actually, it wouldn't be much effort to add that to the original XP-Version right now.

I anyway lost a bit of my way after the SSD-Crash... let me see.

There're several spots in the game where Combin wanted to add some content but never finished it. One of those places is on the 4th Floor. Usually there isn't way there, but we've opened the entrance and removed the Under Construction Block:

If those inactive computers could be used to change variables and switches? ;-)
Perhaps one way to do this (I really don't know, I've never programmed on these platforms) is to put an online store (with express delivery or the next day) or hack your school records on your home computer.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes