3.70 star(s) 35 Votes

IDRpatch

May 17, 2024
One thing about the story that really bugs me is how nobody in the present seems to be even the slightest bit suspicious of the MC and Kim. I mean they literally look identical, (would) sound identical, have identical names and dress identically. Throw in the fact that they clearly knew something bad was going to happen and them just disappearing. That should be more than enough to suspect that the impossible (time travel) is actually possible.
Theories:

1) In Back to the Future, they don't recognize their son as the guy that got them to hook-up in the first place either

2) Maybe watching MC and Kim grow up gradually would cause the "Clark Kent" effect so nobody sees the obvious

3) Canonically, maybe MC just has a really common name and not the "JohnJacobJingleheimerSchmidt" that you picked

IDRpatch

May 17, 2024
it's missing "or gallery_oliviaskeeballmatch == 3" for both "A Winner's Kiss" & "The Consolation Prize" (lines 2549 & 2574)
What's interesting is the same lines you quoted are correct on line 286 & 314, so I'm unsure why it would cause the "oliviafate_questline" variable to not be equal to 1(thus fail the check).

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
if you done the skeet ball match with olivia
i havent reach that part, the new content stopped right after i got the room in Kim's grandmother's house Kassandra
How can i reach to that part of the match with olivia?

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Theories:

1) In Back to the Future, they don't recognize their son as the guy that got them to hook-up in the first place either

2) Maybe watching MC and Kim grow up gradually would cause the "Clark Kent" effect so nobody sees the obvious

3) Canonically, maybe MC just has a really common name and not the "JohnJacobJingleheimerSchmidt" that you picked
1) In back to the future he used an alias and dressed differently (if I recall correctly).

2) While there is some merit to that argument, you'd still expect there to be moments where the images would overlap. Especially when dressed the same, acting a certain way or saying certain things, it would just trigger a sense of deja vu. After noticing it once, it would plant a seed in the mind.

3) If it was just the first name alone, then even if the player gave the MC the most ridiculous name ever, there could be the argument that the mother named him after the MC in the past. It would be a bit of a paradox, but not overly important.

Alone, things can be dismissed, but the combination of everything together would be impossible to ignore.

IDRpatch

May 17, 2024
1) In back to the future he used an alias and dressed differently (if I recall correctly).
He was "Calvin" because of his underwear. But I think at the end (after the dance) he says to call him "Marty" and his mom says something like "oh, that's a a nice name". I think that's supposed to indicate why he's named that.

2) While there is some merit to that argument, you'd still expect there to be moments where the images would overlap.
But how clearly do you remember a face you saw for two weeks twenty years ago? I don't think deja vu would be strong enough to make your mind jump to possibility of time travel.

3) If it was just the first name alone, then even if the player gave the MC the most ridiculous name ever, there could be the argument that the mother named him after the MC in the past. It would be a bit of a paradox, but not overly important.
Maybe MC and Kim both have horrible first names like Gaylord and Ursela, and so this whole time they've been going by their middle names which had both been chosen as tributes!

For me, Kim is harder to explain than MC...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
I have no doubts that at some point, someone will connect the dots and say something like "you look similar to...", maybe a photo or something will appear, they already avoided one chance for that at the beach while they were "busy", I'm sure the sister will discover it first, maybe by accident.

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
What's interesting is the same lines you quoted are correct on line 286 & 314, so I'm unsure why it would cause the "oliviafate_questline" variable to not be equal to 1(thus fail the check).
That's a very good question.
my guess is that it's link by chapters, not by person/individual.
I have no intention to debug the "why" since dev(s) are getting paid (subscriptions) for this. i'm just doing it so that i can move on with the story and share my discoveries with the forum.

Last edited:

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
i havent reach that part, the new content stopped right after i got the room in Kim's grandmother's house Kassandra
How can i reach to that part of the match with olivia?
I like to help but I can't say for sure in what stage you're at. (that's the problem with sandbox, to many conditions/variables to meet i.e time of day, at certain day, and location & etc. ) Dev code is a bit buggy. but if you're able to de-compile & use the gallery as a reference, you can track/see what you can do next to progress.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Feb 1, 2021
if you done the skeet ball match with olivia then i think the issue is in game/scripts/computer/comp_post_gallery_options.rpy

I hit the same problem.
I think there's a bug in comp_post_gallery_options.rpy
it's missing "or gallery_oliviaskeeballmatch == 3" for both "A Winner's Kiss" & "The Consolation Prize" (lines 2549 & 2574)
they should look like:
View attachment 3674956
View attachment 3674957
once corrected & relaunch the game, when MC goes to sleep you should see this:
View attachment 3674958
you can check in the gallery (from MC's PC)
View attachment 3674978
before the correction:
View attachment 3674981
after correction:
View attachment 3674984
trauts

game/scripts/computer/comp_post_gallery_options.rpy

There isn't game/scripts/computer/comp_post_gallery_options.rpy file anywhere in folder structure.

Is this fix for uncompressed or compressed game?

janeiro_30

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone i've done the returning oliva badge event, after that what should i do to get the next event?
Idk if it'll help, but sometimes, just passing time by napping on a bed or clicking the forward buttom on map and/or changing between past and future to see if there are "!" signs enywhere

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
trauts

game/scripts/computer/comp_post_gallery_options.rpy

There isn't game/scripts/computer/comp_post_gallery_options.rpy file anywhere in folder structure.

uncompressed.
you'll need to UnRen the scripts.rpa to get the scripts structure.

Last edited:

IDRpatch

May 17, 2024

I still don't understand what the gallery code has to do with blocking progression, but Ren'py is famous for breaking old save compatibility. It's something that even really experienced developers have to deal with when adding new features.

Personally, I would suggest just downloading a completed save game file and start from there. The only "permanent" choice so far is the Olivia Skeeball outcome and both outcomes are unlockable through Nadia and viewable in the Olivia gallery.

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes