3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Yeah I meant it more, since dev does know all inns and outs of her character, including all he current and future good sides and how she develops he might have been just a bit too influenced by that knowledge and not understanding fully how bad she would be shown in that scene for someone without knowing that char so completely as he does.

Just played another game a few days ago with a much disliked character where same thing plays a bit.
Well, i know he wanted to elicit an emotional response in the players with that development, and i'll say he was successful in that.
If anything i think he probably underestimated how strongly players would react to that :KEK:

I don't think the dev thinks that you shouldn't, but more towards the people that say 'i hated that, uninstalled shit game'
Most of the people i saw that didn't like it were more like "fuck that bitch, give her to the lions" that stright up deleting the game

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, i know he wanted to elicit an emotional response in the players with that development, and i'll say he was successful in that.
If anything i think he probably underestimated how strongly players would react to that :KEK:

Most of the people i saw that didn't like it were more like "fuck that bitch, give her to the lions" that stright up deleting the game
Yeah, it can be hard for a writer who knows everything about the story to fully gauge the reaction in advance of people who run into that scene without that further knowledge. It is not only us players who can have their blind spots: P

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
So I went back a few pages to see what others are thinking...I am in total agreement, Kim is an outright shit friend, only cares about herself, and literally uses the MC for her own interests. Nobody, no matter how nice a person they are, would keep someone that only has put downs when describing you, and actively sexually harassing your sister.

And an aspect that seems to be overlooked with this whole Kim seducing the MC's mom in the past...what is the key thing about lesbians? Yes, they like only women, so how is it in any way a good plan to turn your best friends mom into a lesbian...doesn't that make it kinda hard to you know...have children?

And is this a remake of a different game? I would like to check it out to get an idea of the plot, rather than wait 3 months for a 5 minute update that reveals nothing.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
It's intresting how he's continually trying to have her back in a positive light after one of the biggest fuck up that i can concieve
And reiterating again that she did a lot for mc during the years (none of witch the palyer plays through), even though we assisted to another fuck up with mc photos where he almost lost the year because of her
So here we have the answer, the only choice we have is to forgive her

May 1, 2020
Kim's character has a lot of promise - cute tomboyish best friend you could win over to the "other side". It creates emotional investment by the players, the investment that due to dev decision is crushed into the ground because of the unlucky position of the episode end in the story.
I would say the decision of the execution is rather unlucky due to the facts in the story so far: Kim knows MC's mother who does not like her, Kim shows absolutely 0 affinity towards MC's mother and even calls out MC over the interest of her own mom. Kim has a serious crush on MC's sister.
So a more subtle approach would have been that Kim and MC's mother share a tender moment, hugging, and maybe kissing, that would arise/incite the curiosity towards lesbianism, that would later turn into a marriage with Pam. However the crude nature of how this was depicted - fucking after 2-3 hours, almost rape by Kim in the second part, instant switch in Pam's behavior (the dude she was ready to blow just to keep him by her side/interested, disappeared in front of her eyes - she should at least be shocked) was unfortunate as the whole scene leaves a bad taste in mouth, feels shoehorned and fabricated to create artificial tension.
Meaning that MC would should have been shocked and angry with a kiss and a little breast fondling, now has to be outraged for the continuation of the story (where he has to fight his own wish to have a better life for his family).
What I want to say is that I understand the Dev and what he wanted to achieve, but possibly over-wrote a couple of scenes, due to a pressure to deliver lewd content leading to a detrimental effect on the feelings of the players

dinto

Aug 2, 2017
I honestly had hoped that there would be a little more between Kim and the MC. Find the two well together. After the end of the episode, that should have been done first. My question is what happens to Natalie. So far I thought so she is the older sister of the MC, but as we have met Julia in the past, I exclude that she already had a daughter, so if Julia had become permanently lesbian after the event with Kim, it could never be Natalie was definitely a reason to go back in the past, because we didn't see her when we returned to the present.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Hmm first thing i am jumping to the past world, and then only 2 scenes with Julia and Nicole. Thats it. Is it all or missing somting?

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Hmm first thing i am jumping to the past world, and then only 2 scenes with Julia and Nicole. Thats it. Is it all or missing somting?
I think this game is a remake following the same plot? I asked before and nobody said anything, but my story ended after the tarot card reading at the park.
All this stuff they're talking about isn't part of this game, so maybe theory crafting?

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
I think this game is a remake following the same plot? I asked before and nobody said anything, but my story ended after the tarot card reading at the park.
All this stuff they're talking about isn't part of this game, so maybe theory crafting?
Ah yes, same here. So it is a small updadte

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Reactions: Game Bond

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Seeing what he wrote on his discord i think it's safe to assume that we'll be forced to forgive her
https://f95zone.to/threads/altered-destiny-v0-02a-iccreations.46615/post-3916863
Trouble is that likely the rest of the story can not happen or fit without her around, so yeah you have to forgive her likely. Well I do hope you will be able to let her work a bit for it at least and some acceptance from her side she pulled both a risky and shitty move for selfish purposes. Now if dev could make her come over a bit less predatory in that scene as well and in general and more a stupid thing happening in the moment it may turn out well for everybody. :p

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes