3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
So you mean is im just lying? Seriously i don't usually complain about this things, if there's no problem and you said it yourself you use windows defender and my point here is android it means it's on smartphone players not a pc so atleast check the android downloads too before you just spouting nonsense there. I've check all of android downloads here and it's full of trojan virus, and why would my smartphone tell me about it? And why would i lie too? It doesn't make sense you know, it's not like i earning money here im just saying my concern and advice the f95 team.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
So you mean is im just lying? Seriously i don't usually complain about this things, if there's no problem and you said it yourself you use windows defender and my point here is android it means it's on smartphone players not a pc so atleast check the android downloads too before you just spouting nonsense there. I've check all of android downloads here and it's full of trojan virus, and why would my smartphone tell me about it? And why would i lie too? It doesn't make sense you know, it's not like i earning money here im just saying my concern and advice the f95 team.
No, I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying you're wrong, there's a difference....

Android or PC doesn't matter, it's still Renpy and no, I most definitely does NOT use windows defender.

But you do you, if you wanna believe that all the Android downloads have a virus that's up to you (I downloaded 2 of them to check and neither had any virus).

Anywho, I'm done with this conversation.

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
No, I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying you're wrong, there's a difference....

Android or PC doesn't matter, it's still Renpy and no, I most definitely does NOT use windows defender.

But you do you, if you wanna believe that all the Android downloads have a virus that's up to you (I downloaded 2 of them to check and neither had any virus).

Anywho, I'm done with this conversation.
mehhh im sure you didn't even bother download it, if you check it you can definitely see it if im lying or wrong about my complaints about this android downloads have trojan virus.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
mehhh im sure you didn't even bother download it, if you check it you can definitely see it if im lying or wrong about my complaints about this android downloads have trojan virus.
I see, so now I'm lying?

You're really a special kind of special, aren't you?

Why don't you just move along to another game if you're that convinced that this has a virus? Nothing's gonna change since there are no virus there........

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
I see, so now I'm lying?

You're really a special kind of special, aren't you?

Why don't you just move along to another game if you're that convinced that this has a virus? Nothing's gonna change since there are no virus there........
that's why im complaining here isn't??? if you don't just barge in then maybe we didn't have this nonsense conversation, i want to play this game because im sitting it for far too long already so that the updates is satisfying for me, and clearly your lying through your teeth if i show you evidence im sure you will look like idiot you know, why you keep digging? are your ego and pride keeping you or it doesn't matter if i show you some evidence because there's no consequences even if i show it?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
that's why im complaining here isn't??? if you don't just barge in then maybe we didn't have this nonsense conversation, i want to play this game because im sitting it for far too long already so that the updates is satisfying for me, and clearly your lying through your teeth if i show you evidence im sure you will look like idiot you know, why you keep digging? are your ego and pride keeping you or it doesn't matter if i show you some evidence because there's no consequences even if i show it?
You can't possibly be serious right now?

I "barged in"? I told you that it is a false positive and you can go ahead and play it and your response have been to act like a complete ass, accusing me of lying (why the hell would I lie about something like that).

I'm done dealing with an ass like you so to ignore you go, have fun with your imaginary virus!

• Haha
Reactions: Vleder and cxx

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Have you tried playing it on your android device the way the dev intended? Use Joiplay, download the pc version and run it via joiplay. The android version on here is done by someone else and not the dev.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kokodeska

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021

I "barged in"? I told you that it is a false positive and you can go ahead and play it and your response have been to act like a complete ass, accusing me of lying (why the hell would I lie about something like that).

I'm done dealing with an ass like you so to ignore you go, have fun with your imaginary virus!
ohh so you choose the hard way is it! sure i give you a screenshot about the trojan virus so that you can feel ashamed about yourself for lying about this.

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021

do you see this?! maybe with this think before you just spouting lies okay

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
do you see this?! maybe with this think before you just spouting lies okay
It's most likely a false positive. A false positive refers to when a test incorrectly shows a positive result. In this instance it'd be a virus scan incorrectly showing there's a virus. False positives are relatively common with renpy games depnding on how they've been compiled. Play the PC version on your android using joiplay if you don't trust it or play it on a PC.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
most discussion here is pointless you know at least we have some problems that we talk about.
well run it through virustotal since you don't believe us and see what are results.

It's most likely a false positive. A false positive refers to when a test incorrectly shows a positive result. In this instance it'd be a virus scan incorrectly showing there's a virus. False positives are relatively common with renpy games depnding on how they've been compiled. Play the PC version on your android using joiplay if you don't trust it or play it on a PC.
what if he doesn't have pc? :p

anyways pc versions have same issue prolly.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
what if he doesn't have pc? :p
Then he should quit being a filthy peasant :giggle: /s
Nahh he could just use the joiplay option
anyways pc versions have same issue prolly.
Not even my windows defender is reading a virus. I'm not professing to be an expert about this but it's probably just a problem with either the renpy version the android build was compiled on or an issue with a plugin used with it or some shit like that.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I have to remind that the Android version in the OP isn't from MrKnobb or any of us in his team...

But what comes to anti-virus software, I've certainly seen my fair share of false positives. I think most of them were by Avast. Use another AV software to confirm that the file really has a virus on it. Never trust a single AV software. Even the "best" can flag a clean file as infected.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Then he should quit being a filthy peasant :giggle: /s
Nahh he could just use the joiplay option

Not even my windows defender is reading a virus. I'm not professing to be an expert about this but it's probably just a problem with either the renpy version the android build was compiled on or an issue with a plugin used with it or some shit like that.
Not even that, as I said, I downloaded from 2 sources just to check and neither apk gave a warning about any virus.

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Conversations have now deviated from AE it seems. Best we all just take a step back. What say you lads?

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Hello,
im just asking if you don't feel to need answer my question okay sure don't worry about it, im just really curious about this.
Actually, your question/report of the Android port having a virus was answered correctly right away. A term "false positive" comes from the medical field over a century ago. It simply means that the positive test result was wrong.

Let's have an example: A woman takes a home pregnancy test and it is positive. Then she goes to her doctor to verify but the lab results are negative. So she isn't pregnant and the home test gave a FALSE POSITIVE. This applies to anti-virus/rootkit/malware software because they analyse the content of the binary file and compare parts of it to known patterns of a harmful software.

You took the answer as a personal attack rather than taking a minute of your day to research what "false positive" really means (preferrably, from more than one source). What comes to different AV software, as I mentioned in my post, Avast doesn't have the best track record in my books.

Have a wonderful day!

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
Hello,

Actually, your question/report of the Android port having a virus was answered correctly right away. A term "false positive" comes from the medical field over a century ago. It simply means that the positive test result was wrong.

Let's have an example: A woman takes a home pregnancy test and it is positive. Then she goes to her doctor to verify but the lab results are negative. So she isn't pregnant and the home test gave a FALSE POSITIVE. This applies to anti-virus/rootkit/malware software because they analyse the content of the binary file and compare parts of it to known patterns of a harmful software.

You took the answer as a personal attack rather than taking a minute of your day to research what "false positive" really means (preferrably, from more than one source). What comes to different AV software, as I mentioned in my post, Avast doesn't have the best track record in my books.

Have a wonderful day!
ohhh yeah now that you explain it clearly jeez now i feel bad about it, after i backread i make the simple problem big sighs, im just really pissed about this game because im just waiting it for too long to stacked the updates so that i can atleast feel satisfy you know, but all i see is trojan virus okay im really sorry about that okay my bad. Mommysbuttslut HornyyPussy

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
im just really pissed about this game because im just waiting it for too long to stacked the updates so that i can atleast feel satisfy you know, but all i see is trojan virus
Well, it really isn't game's nor developer's fault if: 1) you get a virus alert from your anti-virus software (Avast), 2) you don't verify that the alert is valid by using another AV software, 3) the Android version is made by someone outside MrKnobb's team, and 4) you have a lot of expectations. If I were you, I'd be pissed at myself for making a fool out of myself. ;) I hope you'll enjoy the story from MrK despite been pissed at AE...

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 90 Votes