3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
*shakes head*

I can't even remember the last I bothered having an AV on my PC....some people just shouldn't be on the net...or are far too paranoid.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
Game so far is solid in a lot of ways, but i just got to the part where the SVU lady shows up. I don't expect you'll change your story at this point, but you said he was found innocent...and you can't charge, or try a person for the same crime twice. If he was innocent...he's always innocent.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Game so far is solid in a lot of ways, but i just got to the part where the SVU lady shows up. I don't expect you'll change your story at this point, but you said he was found innocent...and you can't charge, or try a person for the same crime twice. If he was innocent...he's always innocent.
She could charge him with other crimes from that time period though but keep reading, you're not wrong but you haven't found her motivation yet

Reactions: FatYoda

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
I remember her saying there were some irregularities and the wife of the deceased were saying things against MC. So not sure, but yeah you right can't be retried for same thing if found not guilty.

But is she really a cop?... i wonder.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
I remember her saying there were some irregularities and the wife of the deceased were saying things against MC. So not sure, but yeah you right can't be retried for same thing if found not guilty.

But is she really a cop?... i wonder.
She suggested they were looking into the same crime the first time she showed up...it definitely went a different direction after that. Still...MC should have known that and just said fuck you bitch, can't try me for same crime twice the first time. It's whatever though...it's extremely minor. I was just mentioning it.

Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021
I was under the impression that a formerly closed case could be reopened, potentially retried if sufficient new evidence came to light, ie if a key witness (wife) changed their statement.
But then again, this is a make believe world, who is to say their laws are identical to ours?

Reactions: Firebeast

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I was under the impression that a formerly closed case could be reopened, potentially retried if sufficient new evidence came to light, ie if a key witness (wife) changed their statement.
But then again, this is a make believe world, who is to say their laws are identical to ours?
There's a difference between a closed case, a dropped case and an acquittal. A closed case refers to when investigators close a case without resolution. Since no one has been charged in this instance double jeopardy never applies and someone can be charged for it later on, so long as the timeline is still within the statute of limitations.
A dropped case usually refers to when prosecutors drop a case after someone has already been formally charged but not yet convicted or acquitted. In certain circumstances the prosecution may file a stay of proceedings which can allow them to re-open the case if new evidence surfaces within one or two years, depending on local laws and the specifics of the filing. Other times they'll drop it without prejudice meaning they can't reopen it.
If a person is found not guilty by a jury of their peers there's no way to appeal it and recharge the defendant. If a guilty verdict is found by the jury but overruled by the judge then prosecution could seek an overruling from an appellate court. That entire circumstance is extremely rare though.

If I remember the first discussion with her implies that the MC has been acquitted and should be protected from a retrial through double jeopardy.

Reactions: Firebeast

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of Alternate Existence 1.9.0 with incest patch and LaikDink walkthrough mod
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Mega
Updated my Android port to v1.9

Reactions: panda0012345

RalltiirTiger

Jul 3, 2023
Love the game but I'm getting this error. And of course if you ignore it, it pops up in future conversations. Any tipes on how to fix it?

While running game code:
File "game/s1e8.rpy", line 2754, in script
summ "No worries. I take it [mc_relationships[gfname]] left?"
KeyError: 'gfname'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 278, in get_field

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE 1.9.0_ip
Sun Aug 20 21:05:07 2023
```

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Best to do is play from end of Episode 7 unfortunately.

Love the game but I'm getting this error. And of course if you ignore it, it pops up in future conversations. Any tipes on how to fix it?

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "C:\Users\Owner\Games\1A1\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 278, in get_field

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE 1.9.0_ip
Sun Aug 20 21:05:07 2023
```

monksims

Mar 17, 2019

While running game code:
This is really weird because the missing key should be set in the label after_load that Renpy runs after a save file is loaded. I just loaded a save from v1.6.0 in a vanilla 1.9.0 and gfname was added in after_load just fine. In a normal playthrough it is set when you choose between Andi and Tania in EP2. We added this variable in 1.8.0 as we did major changes to choices in previous episodes (starting with the 2nd episode) and MrKnobb has a habit of making tiny changes to past episodes between versions.

Maybe it's a good idea to make a fresh playthrough by restarting and to experience the whole first season again with latest content and/or skip seen parts.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Yes the case could be reopened but he can't be retried for it though she would have to look else where. No matter the evidence. Just ask O.J Simpson. lol.

Suprserpent

Mar 20, 2021
I find it very interesting that nobody has said anything about this since the release of the game. Dean Anel has a great body and her scenes are hot as hell, but her face; her eyes specifically are facing two different directions when you look at her close-up in some scenes. POV scenes are interesting when you're looking right at her from inches away. Screenshot 2023-09-10 163804.png Screenshot 2023-09-10 164455.png

Reactions: Aramir

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I find it very interesting that nobody has said anything about this since the release of the game. Dean Anel has a great body and her scenes are hot as hell, but her face; her eyes specifically are facing two different directions when you look at her close-up in some scenes. POV scenes are interesting when you're looking right at her from inches away. View attachment 2920095 View attachment 2920105
She tried to look at the balls and the tip of MC's schlong at the same time. She's been stuck like this ever since.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Not sure if its maybe same thing but ive seen the MC eyes behind his glasses sometimes look strange too. Maybe its the glasses reflection warping the image?

I find it very interesting that nobody has said anything about this since the release of the game. Dean Anel has a great body and her scenes are hot as hell, but her face; her eyes specifically are facing two different directions when you look at her close-up in some scenes. POV scenes are interesting when you're looking right at her from inches away. View attachment 2920095 View attachment 2920105

May 19, 2023
All In One Unlocker/Universal Mod For Alternate Existence
Mod Version - Universal
Features:
*It unlocks characters, picture gallery and scene gallery.
*Adds a resume button in the main menu to continue your last session of the game.
*Use key board numbers to interact with choice menu options.
*Press key 'r' to refresh the the game.
Read keymap.txt file to know about mod's features.
I don't know whether it will be useful for you or not. Lemme know.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0005.png

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 90 Votes