sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Can anyone explain me game situtation now? I remember art is changed, is DEV changed art from begining or just changed after some update?
Art changed after the Redux update (7.5), when they introduced the new Jazz art. The other characters are more or less the same, although in the latest update (0.9.x) Ember and Desiree got some nice uplifting.

Regarding the game state: it seems the studio got its hands quite full when it decided to start another game alongside Amity Park, but it finally managed to deal with both production times. Amity Park is getting tech updates for the current version (the 0.9.1+ releases) and the 0.10 will have meaty stuff (new scenes, storyline, etc).

They've resumed their posting on Patreon

Reactions: TheDevian

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
You have no idea of what you're talking about...
Just because you have a like to the one before, doesn't mean it can't get better. By what you're saying you probably have no experience with drawing, so don't argue about something you don't know. You're only disliking because YOU have a preference.
Err? What's drawing and art have to do with derivative works? "Better" ironically enough isn't always "better"-- I'd rather have an art style match the derivative work than be artistically "better". And that's a fact, jack. "The art is better" is an opinion. "The art looks nothing like Danny Phantom" is a fact. The goal of a parody is to look like what it's parodying. Therefore, it is *not* better.

If you're such an artist go make your own game with its own IP and use an artstyle like this to your heart's content. It doesn't fit as well here. That can't be argued.

TheOneHusNot

Sep 7, 2021
Err? What's drawing and art have to do with derivative works? "Better" ironically enough isn't always "better"-- I'd rather have an art style match the derivative work than be artistically "better". And that's a fact, jack. "The art is better" is an opinion. "The art looks nothing like Danny Phantom" is a fact. The goal of a parody is to look like what it's parodying. Therefore, it is *not* better.

If you're such an artist go make your own game with its own IP and use an artstyle like this to your heart's content. It doesn't fit as well here. That can't be argued.
You're only proving what I said about being YOUR preference. What drawing and art have to do with this?...
EVERYTHING! I didn't wanted to say this but when you draw something EXACTLY like it is, isn't a parody.
It's a literal copy and paste, which also can be a crime in some cases.
The game still look similar to the show characters, but have more of it's own style now.
And like I said before, The colors, shadow and lightning and details are better than before.
The "I liked more before so it's better" is NOT an argument about improving it's art.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Reading this thread it's apparent there seems to be a 50/50 split on people who do like the new art style vs people who don't. From what I understand they went through a Patreon vote so the people who pay get the say.

Anymore "I like it" - "I don't like it" should be done through Patreon, not here. We get it.

FWIW I happen to really like the new style, as long as the new character models don't continue the trend of reduced boob size

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
FWIW I happen to really like the new style, as long as the new character models don't continue the trend of reduced boob size
Well, there's one scene of Maddie in the new art style and she's still deliciously buxom and curvy, so her models should hold true to that once added to match.

As for the other characters, other than Valerie and Desiree I don't think any of the other main or major characters could be said to have big boobs - most of them had that whole triangle chest thing the Hartman style had for most female characters.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Regarding the preferences to the art (old vs new).. Ultimately, it comes down to individual preference. However, speaking for myself, what initially drew me into this game was the fact that the game's art resembled the art from the show. To me, it doesn't matter if there's "an improvement" to the art. Having the art change midway is not only jarring, but I also feel robbed in a way of the time I put into following this story. If they wanted a different art style, they could've used it for another game. If they were using this new art in the earlier versions of this game, I would not have even bothered playing. I see these new scenes and it makes me think "Who the fuck is this?". Even though I saw the DP series I still enter a pause trying to associate the new art to the character it's supposed to be. This game felt like a continuation of the show and now that the art is changing, it feels like a cheap imitation of it.

TheOneHusNot

Sep 7, 2021
Regarding the preferences to the art (old vs new).. Ultimately, it comes down to individual preference. However, speaking for myself, what initially drew me into this game was the fact that the game's art resembled the art from the show. To me, it doesn't matter if there's "an improvement" to the art. Having the art change midway is not only jarring, but I also feel robbed in a way of the time I put into following this story. If they wanted a different art style, they could've used it for another game. If they were using this new art in the earlier versions of this game, I would not have even bothered playing. I see these new scenes and it makes me think "Who the fuck is this?". Even though I saw the DP series I still enter a pause trying to associate the new art to the character it's supposed to be. This game felt like a continuation of the show and now that the art is changing, it feels like a cheap imitation of it.
You're completely right about individual preference. But I'm sorry to say that it wasn't possible for the art style be the way it is now from the start.
As you draw you evolve. The art someone do now isn't equal to 4 - 5 years ago. EVERY AND ALL artists change as they acquire experience. It's inevitable, you'll be better tomorrow than you are today.
Pick any manga, comic, artist page you want and compare their old art with the new ones. EVERYONE grown up.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
You're completely right about individual preference. But I'm sorry to say that it wasn't possible for the art style be the way it is now from the start.
As you draw you evolve. The art someone do now isn't equal to 4 - 5 years ago. EVERY AND ALL artists change as they acquire experience. It's inevitable, you'll be better tomorrow than you are today.
Pick any manga, comic, artist page you want and compare their old art with the new ones. EVERYONE grown up.
It's funny that you brought up manga and comics. It made me remember the point that originally the art was cartoon-ish. The new scenes look like anime. Art evolution is fine and all (better lining, shading, etc.) but this is a redesign to the art. If they had maintained the cartoon style and improved on the details of the cartoon style, I'm positive there would not have been a backlash.

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
I'm stuck at Ember's after battle mission. When I go to sleep it keeps popping that I have to fight her tonight even though I've alread done it.

mr biscuits

Aug 12, 2020
So two months since the last crappy update and this one contains nothing major. This game is going to suffer the same fate as Dandy Boy. Most games that stop to re-design everything go absolutely no where. I think Shut Up and Dance is one a the few exceptions.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
honestly, I do like Jazz new design and maybe it's just me, looks like she doesn't fit in anymore screenshot0001.png like she's from a different reality and hopefully going to be a sex scene with that hot goth girl Sam also Jazz oh yes nothing says sibling love like waking up to your gorgeous Big Sister writing you for a morning cream pie then it's mommy's turn to get a morning cream pie:love: and Jazz and Maddie purposely forget to take a certain pill :LOL:

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes