Nov 7, 2017
Can you make a renpy version of
"A new Dawn"
Thankyou.,
And also tnx for all the hardwork
Waiting for the nxt update of manila shaw lily of the valley and elenas life
it is on my list but not near top...

next update?
As soon as i get manila shaw updated and the dev sends me the lastest i'll start on it...

Trash+Sombra

May 25, 2020
Don't forget another valid point. RPGM is a lot easier to make games with as its RAD took does most of the work for an unskilled dev. Whereas Renpy you messing directly with the code yourself. Sure you (I do) might feel this is just as easy to learn for some people learning a language is much harder to learn than just leanring how to operate a creation tool...

Yeah i've seen some pretty complicated RenPY games. To me that defeats the whole purpose of playing a VN. If i have to remember to go to x room at x time of day and... I try to keep such complications out of my ports :D

I'm working on it, just finished day 3 last night, need to test. Probably won't release till completely finished... I doubt I'll get done before end of this month so expect it some time next month unless things get wicked busy in RL. with corona going around... Hopefully we can avoid that circus for a while longer...
some re games i have played always try to be rpg with boring grind and what not there was two games on this site that uses rpg maker the best there not lazy with rpg maker at all but it depaneds on the dev if there a bad game dev then that shows does not matter what engine the use

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
How prevalent is the cheating and NTR in this game? I like it when everything isn't roses for the characters in the game.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
The only advantage from RPG maker over renpy would be to create an RPG system, but then, who the heck is playing those games for any RPG or fighting, to begin with? It only wastes time and is abysmal inferior to any dedicated RPG game, especially from triple A games.
Even if one wants to argue that RPG is a good thing, Japanese games have a plentiful amount of games to choose from. Western games cannot compete in this hybrid genre.

Insanely big maps are a problem, but it's not unintentional, when a dev makes you run for 3 minutes to reach to X location then immediately forces you to return to your starting area for another 3 minutes walk or waste time with any pointless mini-game, it's because the dev is wanting player's to waste time because they want to make people believe they somehow put hard work since their games take too long to complete, ofc it's just an illusion and pure BS. It's also the laziest and easiest way to create 'content' since it has no quality, thinking nor effort from their part.

That ain't exclusive to RPG however, even on renpy some devs create a needless nightmare maze, that requires a mindblowing amount of clicks to keep moving forward/backward, which ofc leads to time waste.

Every time I see any game following any of these patters I immediately drop it. Screw those people.
Not so easy, but then as usual, which rpgmaker games did you have experience with ?
TLS aka The Last Sovereign use resist and feeble along status skills to make battles more involved.
Then, most battle don't matter much, with enough characters they are plenty of options as some exemple make clear (the non finished sucuby in the Incubus Emperor place, then, the some of the planes beings who attack over MDS, magical defense.. Probably the most undefended there is.

Map size ? Its related to uses, to visit a town, explore an area, aren't possible with renpy. Not directly at least as using plenty of renders to open path to the next area (bastard girl for example).

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Not so easy, but then as usual, which rpgmaker games did you have experience with ?
TLS aka The Last Sovereign use resist and feeble along status skills to make battles more involved.
Then, most battle don't matter much, with enough characters they are plenty of options as some exemple make clear (the non finished sucuby in the Incubus Emperor place, then, the some of the planes beings who attack over MDS, magical defense.. Probably the most undefended there is.

Map size ? Its related to uses, to visit a town, explore an area, aren't possible with renpy. Not directly at least as using plenty of renders to open path to the next area (bastard girl for example).
I have played almost all RPGM out there, and they do suck. The only thing that keeps me going is the story, which benefits nothing from combat and similar time waste mechanics. The only RPGM companies that can make it work and be somewhat tolerable or even fun at some rare cases are Japanese companies. All western RPGM that I have played just suck and would be much better at Renpy.

Two examples.
Area69 and Family Venture. One has a billion different locations to explore, memorize, with events at specific times and so on and fort. The other has only 4 map locations, with reusable event location. The second is the correct approach.
You don't need 1 trillion different locations that adds absolutely nothing. I have played several western RPGM games with not only too big maps, filled with empty space to increase the walking time, but also with completely redundant and actually retarded quest lines.
For example, a game ask you to go to the western part of the town to pick an unimportant item. then ask you to return to your home, then send you to another map at south, and then makes you return to the initial place at west. All this back and fort for nothing.
I can name a very popular game, Lilly of the Valley. Horrible and impossible to play without the Renpy remake, but there are many games much worse than Lilly actually.

Smart games uses very small towns, with a single building for multiple functions, teleport, and objective questline.
That only appears in Japanese RPGM, that's why they're the only ones tolerable to play.

Overall it's an awful system, especially in the hands of a clueless developer, without any expertise of level design. Even worse when they want to 'add gameplay hours' by senseless questlines with a lot of walking back and fort.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I will update links on front page shortly but just wanted to post that due to some changes in day1-day2 scripts that you might get a "KeyError" error. In the save games i got it in I was able to simply ignore it and not effect anything. 1604476082923.png

Reactions: lightpower

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I have updated links on main post, hope you enjoy. Note I also added in a walkthrough feature that simple grays out options, it can be turned on from the preferences menu. (I just noticed i left my edited walkthrough text file in the directory that Iwas deleting things out of as I went... lol... )

David Li

Sep 9, 2018
Guys, awsome guy like him need more supporters. Go to his Patreon and do something, also his risking his own health to continuing do this for everyone basicly free for a long time, we should show our support as well (BTW his Patreon member is very cheap......)

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes