• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Angelica Origins [v0.6.2] [Kelo Games]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes
Jul 7, 2017
Angelica Origins - Chapter 2 (0.7.0)
Hi everyone.
I apologize, as always, for not keeping you informed for too long. I wanted to wait until I had enough important things to say and to have clear ideas before writing. But then, between one commitment and another, I started working on the precious little free time I had on updating and here I am writing months later. From the next update, my game will introduce Chapter 2: there will be a new protagonist, Sam, Angelica's first love; we will play in the summer where it all began; many backgrounds will be revealed and the story will start to reveal and explain many truths; most important and challenging for me, the game will introduce new mechanics and new styles.
Here are a couple of new things:
- New dialogue style:

Like the AO's first version, I'm reintroducing the "character's images." I have always liked visual novel-style games. Using this style for an RPG game's "only dialogue" scene is better. If needed, I'll eventually remove some useless previous images. This will reduce the game's size and allow me to add extra ones during the main scenes.
- New gameplay mechanics:
I will try to make you understand how Chapter 2 will work without getting too complicated in difficult explanations. You will find yourself playing as Samuel in his mission to find this mysterious girl (Angelica) and save her from the possession of the demoness Serafina. To do this, it will not be enough to follow the flow of the story and the requirements of the missions. You will play in a location, for example, Mario's pizzeria.

To make progress and achieve goals, you'll need to choose the proper interactions and do it in the correct order. ATTENTION: The interactions will be limited and you must use them carefully. The appropriate interactions will be, for example: choosing the correct dialogue topic; obtaining information and using it with another character; getting the correct item before doing something; improving a relationship with a character; satisfying someone's requests; and much more. This will allow you to unlock the main (...and secondary...) scenes or to obtain improvements that, once you return to that same "map," you will have more chances to make progress earlier and unlock the unblocked scenes. Nothing will be lost; it will only be postponed. You will switch from one map to another in the daily cycle: some locations will be available in the morning, others in the afternoon, evening, or night.
I hope I was clear and didn't confuse your ideas too much. I intend to make a small update soon with at least the introduction and the first "maps" where you can get familiar with the new mechanics. The following updates may be short and more frequent; I will introduce new maps and interactions during development.
I think that's enough. Please, be patient and help me however you can. Thanks for your patience. Please, even a like is important to me. Don't be afraid to ask me questions; I will answer as is possible.
Mike.

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021
Angelica Origins - Chapter 2 (0.7.0)
Hi everyone.
I apologize, as always, for not keeping you informed for too long. I wanted to wait until I had enough important things to say and to have clear ideas before writing. But then, between one commitment and another, I started working on the precious little free time I had on updating and here I am writing months later. From the next update, my game will introduce Chapter 2: there will be a new protagonist, Sam, Angelica's first love; we will play in the summer where it all began; many backgrounds will be revealed and the story will start to reveal and explain many truths; most important and challenging for me, the game will introduce new mechanics and new styles.
Here are a couple of new things:
- New dialogue style:

Like the AO's first version, I'm reintroducing the "character's images." I have always liked visual novel-style games. Using this style for an RPG game's "only dialogue" scene is better. If needed, I'll eventually remove some useless previous images. This will reduce the game's size and allow me to add extra ones during the main scenes.
- New gameplay mechanics:
I will try to make you understand how Chapter 2 will work without getting too complicated in difficult explanations. You will find yourself playing as Samuel in his mission to find this mysterious girl (Angelica) and save her from the possession of the demoness Serafina. To do this, it will not be enough to follow the flow of the story and the requirements of the missions. You will play in a location, for example, Mario's pizzeria.

To make progress and achieve goals, you'll need to choose the proper interactions and do it in the correct order. ATTENTION: The interactions will be limited and you must use them carefully. The appropriate interactions will be, for example: choosing the correct dialogue topic; obtaining information and using it with another character; getting the correct item before doing something; improving a relationship with a character; satisfying someone's requests; and much more. This will allow you to unlock the main (...and secondary...) scenes or to obtain improvements that, once you return to that same "map," you will have more chances to make progress earlier and unlock the unblocked scenes. Nothing will be lost; it will only be postponed. You will switch from one map to another in the daily cycle: some locations will be available in the morning, others in the afternoon, evening, or night.
I hope I was clear and didn't confuse your ideas too much. I intend to make a small update soon with at least the introduction and the first "maps" where you can get familiar with the new mechanics. The following updates may be short and more frequent; I will introduce new maps and interactions during development.
I think that's enough. Please, be patient and help me however you can. Thanks for your patience. Please, even a like is important to me. Don't be afraid to ask me questions; I will answer as is possible.
Mike.
The game is very good. I really hope for the continuation of the story.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kelo Games

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Wait, the latest post on their patreon, is it just what was posted above, or was there an actual game update to download posted as well?

Kelo Games

Game Developer
May 24, 2017
If we are playing as Sam, im no longer interested. Its no longer Angelica's story if we are playing as Sam who is a character that is barely even relevent. I guess rest in peace for this game as far as im concerned.
Playing as Sam is important to understand better Angelica's life. In chapter 3 and the final part, we'll be back playing as Angelica and ready for the endings.

chnupchrup

Feb 25, 2018
Playing as Sam sounds like a terrible idea. This project has been restarted two or three times now. After several years it does not feel like we have made it any further than the original attempt. Now we are going to play as Sam? I will check back in a couple more years when the Sam episode is probably still not finished. This will be the time the game is being restarted for the fourth or fifth time. :ROFLMAO:

Anyone supporting the Patreon is straight up getting milked.

Prayforme

Oct 25, 2022
why thread is not abandoned?
Despite the extremely long pause in updates the game is not abandoned. The author makes the game in his free time, I think update 0.7 will be released in 2024, and the next updates are under a big question. I think the game should finally end with update 0.7, the developer will not be able to interest people to become patrons, too long development period and too rare updates reduce to 0% the possibility of making money on this game, but probably the developer does not have such a goal. I should note, even 3-4 years ago the game could have been commercially successful.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
I hate all the reworks we see, but here I think we need one, take out the nonsense and amp up the sex action much earlier.

• Angry
Reactions: rafahli

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I hate all the reworks we see, but here I think we need one, take out the nonsense and amp up the sex action much earlier.
The last thing we need is another rework. We need more new content. The Dev is already struggling to produce one update a year. So adding the extra work of yet another reboot, would only serve to push this game's progress even further back.

• Haha
Reactions: Yur and rafahli

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
The last thing we need is another rework. We need more new content. The Dev is already struggling to produce one update a year. So adding the extra work of yet another reboot, would only serve to push this game's progress even further back.
I agree for the most part, I just cant see where this going though.

• Angry
Reactions: rafahli
4.10 star(s) 20 Votes