Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
It's really not that much harder than it'd be if all options were to be available. In fact, in game dev most bugs come from variable acting unexpectedly, thus, having variables turned off can help alleviate the amount of unexpected behavior. The real challenge comes from the writing point of view, as it can be difficult to keep track of different paths the story may take if one isn't diligent. Even if it did become an issue on the programming, which it may well be as neither you and I know nothing of the coding process, I find holding more ambition in contempt for the amount of work it will lead to be... an odd stance to take. This point would hold more weight if the devs didn't update the game frequently, as it stands, the multiple paths don't seem to detriment development.
I do know about coding, I've been using the code as my walkthrough and even fixed my critical bug manually. In general this isn't accurate. Having a variable not set/off generally leads to at least as many bugs as having them on. There's also far more choices being tracked there than you probably think. Which is nice for flavor, but less fun for needless lock-outs.

And I'd definitely argue it slowed development. This game seems 4-5 years in the making with indeed consistent updates. Yet every character is still in early-mid stages at best, with some barely started. It's not like there's a giant roster either. This really doesn't add up with this idea that this is some short easy to navigate game with only a few choices and unimpeded development.

Here you're repeating your point where you stubbornly refuse to consider that there might be narrative and thematic reasons behind the Jacklyn, Flora mutually exclusive content without arguing against any of our points. You present subjective opinions as objective facts and that isn't a good way to debate.

I feel that would cheapen the moment and Flora's overarching plot of losing the ones you love. But, I can see something like that working for that particular scene. The next choice in Suitable Romance would be harder to find a way around, as there Flora's problem is with the MC even going on a date, and odds are all later choices may have higher stakes and feel less arbitrary. That's the reason why I argue to wait and see with Maxine/Lindsey, the devs already showed the choices having rising importance, even if the first options seem rather small.
Not at all, acknowledging it simply doesn't invalidate the argument. Flora's objections are not to MC dicking her spiritual opposite. So foil or not, the "sacrifice" is already short-lived and superficial given other relationships. Otherwise, how does MC being able to bend Isabelle over the piano the next morning for her daily creampie not "cheapen the moment"? That is far worse than allowing MC to have a spontaneous one night "mistake" with Jacklyn days later.

And if you're arguing Suitable Romance would be harder to workaround, which remains to be seen, then shouldn't that be where the choice occurs? Cause atm, you sacrifice jacklyn's two best vanilla scenes (one in the classroom) under the guise that MC should avoid cheating on someone he's already cheating on. Not all that subjective to point out that's not sensible.

I can see reasons. You can say that the MC doesn't trust Maxine unless he does her route, you can say that the MC finds helping Lindsey to be a matter requiring all his own efforts in saving her, a focal point in her story, you can just say that the MC plainly didn't have time to do both as he's working in bettering himself and dealing with Kate/Isabelle, the game says that the MC doesn't take Maxine's words seriously if you don't choose her and a million more. The same way you don't see a reason behind a design choice, I can see several. Besides, the MC later on does follow up on Maxine's lead if you go the Lindsey's route, so it's not like the devs didn't have this in mind.
Hard to follow your reasoning here. MC obviously entertains Maxine crackpottery plenty in other quests. And the idea that MC doesn't have time is not supported by the fact that there is no narrative time crunch imposed. Nor is fetching water time consuming. The fact that one needs to resort to such poor rationalizations instead of being presented with an organic reason is already textbook artificial gating. This is not an issue you run into with Kate and Isabelle.

Why? In that moment it didn't seem that serious. After it escalates, MC goes to Maxine like you say.
Cause he's still interested in solving it? If I'm trying to open a locked door and have two keys that might fit on me, why would I only try one before walking away? Expected human behavior would obviously be try both unless I have a good reason not to.

A lot of people in here really bash this game's every attempt at trying to be engaging. Minigames are useless, exploration and puzzles are dumb and impossible, multiple playthroughs are a waste of time. It's no wonder WEGs have a bad rep if its players seem to despise when they try to be more than just sex scenes collectathons.
This seems like a rather hyperbolic response to the feedback, don't you think? I'm fine with a slow build up, minigames, exploration. I'm even fine with big choices like Kate. I'm merely criticizing the implementation of a few irrationally punitive choices. The ones that needlessly reduce playthrough content to artificially increase replayability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orlox

Xanz97

Apr 10, 2023
Unlock Gallery:
1. open console with shift+o
2. type in or copy and paste is_replay_unlocked

at least that's how i unlocked my gallery
if is_replay_unlocked do try is_replay_unlocked=bool

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello Chads, we bring you a Jacklyn update.

Me personally, I think the scene at the end of this quest came out very well.

But definitely let us know what you think and what your feedback is!

Also, some of the memes and edits you guys post are absolutely hilarious. While others are very touching. We appreciate all of it!

1724078691908.png

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
Not that it changes the nature of my criticism, this post is intriguing. In that it essentially reveals who "Mer" must be, as the obvious foil to Mrs L. Also explains why neither have gotten substantive content yet.
probably mer is the nurse in my opinion.
at least it's not some character who hasn't been seen yet

beerpig

Aug 12, 2023
Not that it changes the nature of my criticism, this post is intriguing. In that it essentially reveals who "Mer" must be, as the obvious foil to Mrs L. Also explains why neither have gotten substantive content yet.
I do think that Mer is a foil to Mrs. L, but I don't think that she's any of the characters that appeared yet. I'll quote a few lines from "Mrs. L's Argument":
  1. [Narrator] Huh? Who is that? // I feel like I've heard her voice before. → The MC is acquainted with Mer, but not too close to her.
  2. [Mrs. L] Have you lost your last marbles, you crazy old bitch? → Mer is older or at least the same age as Mrs. L, otherwise the insult wouldn't make sense.
  3. [Mrs. L] You never set food inside my classroom. Why now? → Mer is supposed to check classrooms once in a blue moon.
Due to #2 Mer cannot be any of the students or Jacklyn. #1 excludes Jo because the MC would instantly recognise her voice. #3 hints that she shouldn't be the Nurse (plus the Nurse is too meek to speak like that).

I'm placing my bets on the janitor. She's hidden in plain sight, while Mrs. L is flashy; one is a teacher, another is simply school staff; at least in the pic she's old enough so the insult would connect; and Mrs. L and the janitor tend to do things to piss each other off (such as using a cleaning broom as dildo, or using lemon-scented cleaning agents on the school).

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I do think that Mer is a foil to Mrs. L, but I don't think that she's any of the characters that appeared yet. I'll quote a few lines from "Mrs. L's Argument":
  1. [Narrator] Huh? Who is that? // I feel like I've heard her voice before. → The MC is acquainted with Mer, but not too close to her.
  2. [Mrs. L] Have you lost your last marbles, you crazy old bitch? → Mer is older or at least the same age as Mrs. L, otherwise the insult wouldn't make sense.
  3. [Mrs. L] You never set food inside my classroom. Why now? → Mer is supposed to check classrooms once in a blue moon.
Due to #2 Mer cannot be any of the students or Jacklyn. #1 excludes Jo because the MC would instantly recognise her voice. #3 hints that she shouldn't be the Nurse (plus the Nurse is too meek to speak like that).

I'm placing my bets on the janitor. She's hidden in plain sight, while Mrs. L is flashy; one is a teacher, another is simply school staff; at least in the pic she's old enough so the insult would connect; and Mrs. L and the janitor tend to do things to piss each other off (such as using a cleaning broom as dildo, or using lemon-scented cleaning agents on the school).
Maybe I thought it was more obvious than it is, but imo I think it's basically guaranteed to be Jo. To address some of your points:
  1. The reason she sounds familiar is because her voice is the same, but her cold manipulative speech is the complete opposite of the Jo that MC knows. Hence, he's unable to make the association between the cruel utilitarian he's spying on and his loving mother.
  2. Jo is indeed one of the oldest characters which does narrow it down to her and basically two others.
  3. While she obviously isn't out of place in the school, unlike a janitor or student she never has a good reason to be in Mrs. L's classroom if they hate each other.

As for my own reasons beyond this:

• In terms of a foil, whereas Mrs L is shown to be slutty and attention seeking, Jo is shown to be romantic and reserved.
  • Whereas Mrs L events are about perverted pursuits like pool molestation and naughty video tapes, Jos events are all about romantic gestures like picnics in the park and taking care of loved ones when they are ill.
  • Whereas Mrs. L tries to hog MC's focus by inserting herself into dates, Jo facilitates romance with indirect actions like leaving a trophy case unlocked or bending rules to enable parties. Jo's constantly helping MC get with girls, trusting him and excusing herself more than a mother or principal logically would (Home alone w/ Jacklyn, Isabelle's school dinner). She never gets directly involved. A known restriction on Mer.
  • Unlike any other character, she also always gains love points when MC shows interest in other age appropriate women. In theory, this is because she's a mom. But in practice this sets things up perfectly for a route conflict with Mrs L. She is the only character that encourages MC to date others. Which aligns with what we know Mer's goals are.
  • If we work on the theory that key characters are constructed around foils to the point where even the sister has one, then Jo also needs to have one. And by process of elimination, there aren't many characters that can be Jo's foil. The nurse already has too much hardcore content and as such her foil is most likely someone ancillary like the guard which allows her to escape route conflict.
  • If the goal is to act as a narrative foil, it would be strange to introduce it this much later into the story. If the writer wants proper setup/foreshadowing, it has to be someone there from the start.
  • If Jo wasn't Mer, she would at the very least express some minor confusion over all the weird things happening at the school she runs. Her ignorant disposition is best explained by her covering things up.

This last bit is more of a stretch but at the start, MC has the option to guess that the unknown number texting him is Jo. This is met with denial. In the context of this theory, this would be the perfect way to throw people off Jo's trail early as the assumption is that the unknown number is Mer. But that's not necessarily the same person.

Unknown is actually more likely to be the person giving the second chance and in part responsible for imposing rules on both Mrs. L and Jo. Imo, this is where the janitor likely fits in as the only person that MC connected with in his previous life. This fits the almighty janitor trope. And if the janitor is in fact something akin to a god, then Maya as the AI hints at is likely indeed something akin to the devil merely pretending to be a victim.

Last edited:

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
Maybe I thought it was more obvious than it is, but imo I think it's basically guaranteed to be Jo. To address some of your points:

1. The reason why she sounds familiar is because her voice is the same, but her cold manipulative speech is the complete opposite of the Jo that MC knows. He is not able to make the association between the cruel utilitarian he's listening to and his loving mother.

2. Jo is indeed one of the oldest characters and this alone helps narrow it down to her and two others.

3. While she obviously isn't out of place in the school, unlike a janitor or student she never really has a good reason to be in Mrs. L's classroom which explains the reaction.

As for my own reasons beyond this:

- She is a clear foil in that whereas Mrs L is shown to be slutty and attention seeking, Jo is shown to be romantic and reserved.

- Whereas Mrs L events are about perverted pursuits like pool molestation and naughty video tapes, Jos events are all about romantic gestures like picnics in the park and taking care of loved ones when they are ill.

- Whereas Mrs. L tries to hog MC's focus by inserting herself into dates, Jo facilitates romance with indirect actions like leaving a trophy case unlocked or bending rules to enable parties. Jo's constantly helping MC get with girls, trusting MC and excusing herself more than a mother or principal logically would (Home alone w/ Jacklyn, Isabelle's school dinner). She never gets directly involved. A known restriction on Mer.

- Unlike any other character, she also always gains love points when MC shows interest in other age appropriate women. In theory, this is because she's a mom. But in practice this sets things up perfectly for a route conflict with Mrs L. She is the only character that encourages MC to date others. Which aligns with what we know Mer's goals are.

- If we work on the theory that key characters are constructed around foils to the point where even the sister has one, then Jo also needs to have one. And by process of elimination, there aren't many characters that can be Jo's foil. The nurse already has too much hardcore content to force a choice. The nurse's foil is most likely someone ancillary like the guard, which is why she has this much content without a conflict.

- If the goal is to act as a narrative foil, it would be strange to introduce it this much later into the story. Imo, it has to be someone there from the start.

This last bit is more of a stretch but early on, MC has the option to guess that the unknown number texting him is Jo which is met with a denial. In the context of this theory, this would be the perfect way to throw people off Jo's trail early as the assumption is that the unknown number is Mer. But that's not necessarily the same person.

In fact, the person texting then is more likely to be the person giving the second chance and in part responsible for the rules on both Mrs. L and Jo. Imo, this is probably where the janitor fits in as the only person that was kind to MC in his previous life. Also in line with the almighty janitor trope in media. And if the janitor is in fact something akin to a god, then Maya as the AI hints at is likely indeed something akin to the devil merely pretending to be a victim.
I agree that of all the characters we know of, Jo's the most likely. Great points.

To add to that, there is also the Table Manners quest, given by Ms. L, to get a letter to Jo where she is very mysteriously and uncharacteristically absent from school. Then later on you get a dream sex scene with Jo that is almost the exact same as the one you get with Ms. L during the infamous Mer meeting. This alone seems pretty damning in my opinion.

And her being a manipulative, machiavellian schemer would be consistent with some hints of her deeper character we've seen thus far, like sucking her way to top, being more concerned of children trying to kill themselves in school grounds rather than them dying at all, and her clear favoritism of Flora and her achievements - although this last point is fairly weaker as it's hard to say how much of Jo's treatment of Flora we're supposed to take as a joke and how much reflects her character, as she clearly still loves the MC deeply and, if she is indeed involved in the whole time reversal thing, still does even when he ended up as a complete waste of space.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I agree that of all the characters we know of, Jo's the most likely. Great points.

To add to that, there is also the Table Manners quest, given by Ms. L, to get a letter to Jo where she is very mysteriously and uncharacteristically absent from school. Then later on you get a dream sex scene with Jo that is almost the exact same as the one you get with Ms. L during the infamous Mer meeting. This alone seems pretty damning in my opinion.

And her being a manipulative, machiavellian schemer would be consistent with some hints of her deeper character we've seen thus far, like sucking her way to top, being more concerned of children trying to kill themselves in school grounds rather than them dying at all, and her clear favoritism of Flora and her achievements - although this last point is fairly weaker as it's hard to say how much of Jo's treatment of Flora we're supposed to take as a joke and how much reflects her character, as she clearly still loves the MC deeply and, if she is indeed involved in the whole time reversal thing, still does even when he ended up as a complete waste of space.
I totally forgot about that scene as I tend to lose focus in game dream sequences. But yes absolutely that mirrored situation would obviously be foreshadowing. Almost too on the nose as she even uncharacteristically sat at Mrs. L desk. MC's subconscious is hinting that there is something off about her personality. As in either it's outright fake or just masking another darker side.

Either way, it would also be too narratively redundant for that to be yet another shadowy character not related to all the sneaking around Mer and Mrs. L are doing. So I'd say that is indeed as much confirmation as can be expected until it comes out of their mouths.

And if this is the case, my guess is she was at the school skulking around like Mrs. L when Lindsey was on the roof and never had any intention to intervene.

Reactions: CuriousKiyo

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
wasnt Mer is that who has chating with Lindsey before jump? if Jo is Mer, why want damage her own school's reputation?
The AI suggests Maya was behind it and that so far is the only real contribution that "all seeing" character has had to the plot. So while she may have in some way intentionally or unintentionally assisted, I don't think Mer was the one directly responsible for that one.

Obviously we don't have all the pieces but regardless, I don't think Mer cares quite that much about damaging the school's reputation. The school seems to be a means to whatever her goals are. As long as the school keeps running, she's probably willing to crack quite a few school eggs to make her omelet.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamcomming

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
wasnt Mer is that who has chating with Lindsey before jump? if Jo is Mer, why want damage her own school's reputation?
I was gonna mention that part as one possible flaw in the Mer is Jo theory, but then I thought that there might be multiple entities at play here.
With Mer her way of manipulating Lindsey is through the phone, so why the doll? And here we see she does with very explicit goals in mind, say stealing Isabelle's chocolate. Making her hurt herself seems counterproductive.
But there is another side to Lindsey's weirdness, her "accidents", those are linked to the saucer eyed doll as per Maxine's words and the season 1 finale. I don't think that Lindsey's various falls are a side effect of Mer's manipulations as she's explicitly made to jump from the roof and I also don't think they were intentionally from her as what would be the point in hurting a pawn while they are useful? I can see that being reasonable if Lindsey had fulfilled her purpose at the end, but not during it.
I believe that Mer and whoever is behind the doll to be two different people playing with same mind.
And if this is the case, my guess is she was at the school skulking around like Mrs. L when Lindsey was on the roof and never had any intention to intervene.
I don't think that to be the case. The creators made it a point to show that Jo wasn't in the school and was arriving. I can see two reasons for that, either we are meant to think that Jo isn't coming and had no intention to do so, or that she wasn't there and had no power to do anything.
I believe that if Jo had never arrived as she said to the MC he would've mentioned it - although this could be seen as her showing up just late enough to have plausible deniability.
Now I'm inclined to think the latter option to be correct, as it's a point made during the mission that staff wouldn't be in attendance of the party, so it'd be the perfect chance for the person behind the doll to do their thing without Ms. L, Jo, or possibly the janitor interfering.
As I'm writing this I'm sorta starting to suspect Isabelle, as she:
-Is known to be vengeful, taking things too far in her pursuit of justice and Lindsey stole her precious chocolate.
-Wasn't in the school before so she's an anomaly.
-Came up with the party idea, giving the doll the perfect chance to strike.
Maybe Maya is a red herring, as it'd be too obvious in my opinion.

Reactions: iamcomming

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
I believe that Mer and whoever is behind the doll to be two different people playing with same mind.
it is very intersting idea and it could be right.

ofc the doll makes the situation what "helps" to Lindsey being unreachable. but its all what the doll makes about the jumping, because she jump and not fall as i remember. so that person who is behind the doll, dont have to focus on Lindsey, maybe she is just a side effect. and Mer used out the chance what the doll person caused.

well, we will see it sooner or later.

Reactions: CuriousKiyo

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I don't think that to be the case. The creators made it a point to show that Jo wasn't in the school and was arriving. I can see two reasons for that, either we are meant to think that Jo isn't coming and had no intention to do so, or that she wasn't there and had no power to do anything.
I believe that if Jo had never arrived as she said to the MC he would've mentioned it - although this could be seen as her showing up just late enough to have plausible deniability.
Now I'm inclined to think the latter option to be correct, as it's a point made during the mission that staff wouldn't be in attendance of the party, so it'd be the perfect chance for the person behind the doll to do their thing without Ms. L, Jo, or possibly the janitor interfering.
As I'm writing this I'm sorta starting to suspect Isabelle, as she:
-Is known to be vengeful, taking things too far in her pursuit of justice and Lindsey stole her precious chocolate.
-Wasn't in the school before so she's an anomaly.
-Came up with the party idea, giving the doll the perfect chance to strike.
Maybe Maya is a red herring, as it'd be too obvious in my opinion.
I wouldn't put it past Jo to fake arriving, in fact that's what I expect that type of duplicitous character to do.

With that night being so crucial to the plot, I feel like it's safe to assume everyone was at that school in some fashion. So if someone is unaccounted, they're automatically suspicious (hence maya). Whereas Jo may not have been right there secretly supervising the events of the party, I highly doubt she was sitting at home reading a book by the fireplace as her foil was doing covert stuff at the school. If her foil was there, it's safe to say she was too. So if she is Mer, it's really more just a matter of what exactly she was doing there imo.

I actually entertained the idea that Maya may be a red herring, but ultimately I ruled it out for two reasons.
  1. Between the bullying and rough home life, Maya's storyline lays the victim narrative on super super thick. All her quests so far revolves around witchcraft and her dark arts cult background. And yet conveniently, she is cleared from suspicion because she is portrayed as the victim of all of this. That is the perfect cover for a villain as it gives foreshadowing but doesn't give her away.
  2. The AI is written as a character that is both all seeing and not swayed by emotions. So the way it could be fooled would generally be misinterpreting human emotion. However here the opposite is what is needed. It is in fact the perfect tool to see past emotional manipulation and lies that would trick most people. The AI also doesn't make for a good red herring since it had no other role in the story to give it credibility. It's basically banking it's own reputation as a character on being correct with this assertion.
While the isabella take is interesting, her events are too in focus and dynamic throughout that night to really be involved in a second conspiracy imo. It is possible, but that character would be doing a little too much on that night between hosting a party, organizing a trap against kate, cleaning up and/or busting MC.

Furthermore, she may not even want vengeance depending on what route you picked with her. I see her as more of one of the target girls for Mer's manipulation. And if any of targets have some greater role in the shadowy dealings, I'd say it's probably Kate since Jo seems most obsessed with her.

Last edited:

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
While the isabella take is interesting, her events are too in focus and dynamic throughout that night to really be involved in a second conspiracy imo. It is possible, but that character would be doing a little too much on that night between hosting a party, organizing a trap against kate, cleaning up and/or busting MC.
Completely agree with you. After writing that idea, I went back to check the mission and you can actually never let Isabelle leave your sight for a second. At first I thought when the MC went to have fun with Kate is when the doll stuff would take place, but you can convince her to just clean up and go back to the party by your side, never giving her a chance to do anything. It's probably Maya as you say, maybe Maya being manipulated by something to try and add more depth.
Isabelle is still evil. Isabelle is completely innocent of any wrongdoings and totally the good guy!

• Haha
Reactions: Tehemai

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Haven't played this in a while but ready to get back in. On what route do I get the Flora x Isabelle kiss scene from the preview pics and is there any more lesbian content between them? I hope this is compatible with Flora's love route.

3.70 star(s) 170 Votes