3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Updated both my walkthrough and gallery mods for game version 1.06g. The gallery update is not strictly needed.

I also reported a couple of bugs to the dev - Player name is Eric in Gina couch scene; Missing destination for a branch. Fixed both in my walkthrough mod. But depending on how quickly the devs issue fix I may need to update that mod.

EDIT: Oh both my mods are linked in the opening post! Happy Dance! Thanks for adding that moderators. Do I get a modder badge now? :D

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
According to the dev notes, we know the devs decided to pull Steph's "big secret" into the beginning of the game and use it as a focal point for the developing story. So, whatever this secret is we know it is the major plot device moving forward. So, how does the secret about Chuck relate to the receipt for a lunch date and the phone call?

I have a theory but it is deep into left field. Not sure I am ready to post that yet! :ROFLMAO: ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Realize that this is pure speculation and I am pulling shit out of thin air and combining it with what we know.

Well, shit! I have to say I did not see that coming. I am going to assume the worst right now. I can only think of two reasons that Steph would have such a violent reaction to her sister bringing up a past romance. If Steph was heartbroken and it destroyed her. Maybe asked her sister to never mention it again, and never in front of Steph's husband it would make sense for her to fly off the handle. But the bigger reason would be really ugly. That it did not end well. Let's take a really negative scenario — rape, pregnancy, abortion, cheating (all or any of those things). I could understand any of those situations being a reason Steph would come unglued. And it would really shitty for her sister to mention "Chuck." It is interesting that Steph would never discuss it with her husband. But more importantly, how does that information play into the rest of what we know Steph is hiding? The receipt and lunch date and the phone call.

• Love

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
If it was a negative, really bad breakup, I don't see why he would show back up but could understand why Steph might hold back that info from her husband. Although doing so would be really shitty. Kinda on brand for Steph.

But if it wasn't a bad breakup, he is back, she met him for lunch.

Alright, this falls into the category of TMI and personal. The last woman I dated and thought it was going somewhere was a swinger. And she was fascinated with this stupid idea of Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. Her fantasy was to have a threesome with her ex and me — Alpha and Omega. Of course, she wasn't entirely over the ex. So, I am jaded when it comes to these issues, in the game or real life.

Last edited:
  • Love

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
According to the dev notes, we know the devs decided to pull Steph's "big secret" into the beginning of the game and use it as a focal point for the developing story. So, whatever this secret is we know it is the major plot device moving forward. So, how does the secret about Chuck relate to the receipt for a lunch date and the phone call?

I have a theory but it is deep into left field. Not sure I am ready to post that yet! :ROFLMAO: ;)
Realize that this is pure speculation and I am pulling shit out of thin air and combining it with what we know.

Well, shit! I have to say I did not see that coming. I am going to assume the worst right now. I can only think of two reasons that Steph would have such a violent reaction to her sister bringing up a past romance. If Steph was heartbroken and it destroyed her. Maybe asked her sister to never mention it again, and never in front of Steph's husband it would make sense for her to fly off the handle. But the bigger reason would be really ugly. That it did not end well. Let's take a really negative scenario — rape, pregnancy, abortion, cheating (all or any of those things). I could understand any of those situations being a reason Steph would come unglued. And it would really shitty for her sister to mention "Chuck." It is interesting that Steph would never discuss it with her husband. But more importantly, how does that information play into the rest of what we know Steph is hiding? The receipt and lunch date and the phone call.
If it was a negative, really bad breakup, I don't see why he would show back up but could understand why Steph might hold back that info from her husband. Although doing so would be really shitty. Kinda on brand for Steph.

But if it wasn't a bad breakup, he is back, she met him for lunch.

Alright, this falls into the category of TMI and personal. The last woman I dated and thought it was going somewhere was a swinger. And she was fascinated with this stupid idea of Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. Her fantasy was to have a threesome with her ex and me — Alpha and Omega. Of course, she wasn't entirely over the ex. So, I am jaded when it comes to these issues, in the game or real life.
I hear you, Steph and her secrets are reminding me of my first marriage. A marriage built on secrets is no marriage at all. Too many people know bits of the puzzle except the one person who is supposedly her 'hero' and should know her secrets. Steph no longer drives me crazy, she is just contemptable at this stage.

Bring on the eloping with Gina ending. If there isn't one, I'll mod it lol.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I hear you, Steph and her secrets are reminding me of my first marriage. A marriage built on secrets is no marriage at all. Too many people know bits of the puzzle except the one person who is supposedly her 'hero' and should know her secrets. Steph no longer drives me crazy, she is just contemptable at this stage.

Bring on the eloping with Gina ending. If there isn't one, I'll mod it lol.
Speaking of Gina, I still don't see what Steph is on about her. We are not privy to whatever it is, I guess. Maybe a feeling Steph has after the dinner conversation. Maybe they have been talking (we know she has Gina's contact info). I wonder if anything will come of that. Will Gina push the MC a bit more? Is Steph being a bit jealous?

• Love

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

ofc I'm even more cynical than you, but some of those theories dont jibe with sister's comment about "After Chuck, any man would look amazing in comparison" - that makes it sound like the latter stuff as opposed to heartbreak...... which is a good thing in my mind? Not good for her character, but good for minimizing ntr plotlines. I'm sure the devs will surprise me though!

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
ofc I'm even more cynical than you, but some of those theories dont jibe with sister's comment about "After Chuck, any man would look amazing in comparison" - that makes it sound like the latter stuff as opposed to heartbreak...... which is a good thing in my mind? Not good for her character, but good for minimizing ntr plotlines. I'm sure the devs will surprise me though!
I agree. So, what role could the Chuck secret possibly play? Hopefully, we will find something out soon.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm like a lot of you
And I really want to believe Steph is sweet & Innocent.
But every new update something happens that makes me wonder about her

One of the things I value most in a person is honesty
And I don't think I have got that from Steph yet

Also, I have been wondering If Steph Is going to be in other games
Does that mean the mc will be too?
Or will she divorce him and we play as a new mc?
Because that does not sound good to me

• Red Heart

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
After the devs said we would see Steph and Tori again, I wondered the same thing.

Reactions: Joshy92

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm like a lot of you
And I really want to believe Steph is sweet & Innocent.
But every new update something happens that makes me wonder about her

One of the things I value most in a person is honesty
And I don't think I have got that from Steph yet

Probably rewriting the plots now to kill of MC to get rid of us LMAO

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
With the new update, the game has become more friendly.
Steph almost always asks permission for certain actions, so even without a walkthrough mod, it's hard to get confused and go the wrong route.
Jason and Tori have become nicer, and are trying hard not to look like manipulative scammers. Jason even asks the MC for permission to hit on Steph. Dialogue with Tori no longer feels like an arrogant job interview.

The new dinner conversation is very interesting.

My theory is, that Chuck is Steph's first and greatest love. A dominant alpha chad who left her and she still cannot get over him.
I think she met him again/he contacted her and she had dinner with him.

And of course, now he's just a "friend"
It was after him that she found herself a nice guy, Eric.

I think the next game will be about Steph's student years, where her history with Chuck will be revealed to us in detail.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Steph almost always asks permission for certain actions, so even without a walkthrough mod, it's hard to get confused and go the wrong route.
Jason and Tori have become nicer, and are trying hard not to look like manipulative scammers. Jason even asks the MC for permission to hit on Steph. Dialogue with Tori no longer feels like an arrogant job interview.

My theory is, that Chuck is Steph's first and greatest love. A dominant alpha chad who left her and she still cannot get over him.

I think the next game will be about Steph's student years, where her history with Chuck will be revealed to us in detail.
Yep. That seems to be the way it will go. His behavior will mirror Donny's behavior if you go the "train" route on Friday night. The similarities between Steph becoming the sub turboslut with Donny will be flashbacked to how she was with Chuck. There will be this ugly parallel between this visual novel and all the NTR Japanese visual novels where the loving wife had this past where she was a completely submissive slut for a shitty dom that she was completely codependent with. The wife meets a nice guy of her dreams and never looks back until... I hate those visual novels.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Yep. That seems to be the way it will go. His behavior will mirror Donny's behavior if you go the "train" route on Friday night. The similarities between Steph becoming the sub turboslut with Donny will be flashbacked to how she was with Chuck. There will be this ugly parallel between this visual novel and all the NTR Japanese visual novels where the loving wife had this past where she was a completely submissive slut for a shitty dom that she was completely codependent with. The wife meets a nice guy of her dreams and never looks back until... I hate those visual novels.
Yes, in the scene with Donnie, the MC is somehow convinced that Steph never begs. In the scene with Jason, she completely submits to him.
She likes it, she's been through it before and she misses it.

Maybe that's why she agreed to an open relationship so quickly? Perhaps she shared this with Tori, and she made her such an offer? Too many secrets and questions for a relationship based on trust and truth.

I can't wait for a conversation between her and Eric where she will explain to him why she did certain things in bed with other guys but not with him. Because nice guys always get the bare minimum? Is that a happy ending too?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I can't wait for a conversation between her and Eric where she will explain to him why she did certain things in bed with other guys but not with him. Because nice guys always get the bare minimum? Is that a happy ending too?
Unfortunately, I know that too well.

• Sad

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Yes, in the scene with Donnie, the MC is somehow convinced that Steph never begs. In the scene with Jason, she completely submits to him.
She likes it, she's been through it before and she misses it.

Maybe that's why she agreed to an open relationship so quickly? Perhaps she shared this with Tori, and she made her such an offer? Too many secrets and questions for a relationship based on trust and truth.

That's part of what got under my skin in the previous - and still current iterations of the jason scenes. Despite how much people hate Donny, to me he never felt like a threat - maybe because a fair amount of text is spent dedicated to scoffing at his alpha chad persona. Yet there's none of this balance or levity with Jason, it's all taken at face value as serious sub/dom talk.

I still don't think that's Chuck's role - simply for the fact that we know Steph's sister is a huge status whore, and I can't see her disparaging Chuck like she did if he was some "mega dom chad boyfriend"; she simply wouldnt say the line about "anyone looks good compared to him". I have my own theory on Chuck, but it's so far out there I'm not gonna share it - I'll wait till we know more.

Absolutely, that's why in one of my rants offhandledly I said something about the devs and anime....there are certain story elements just too associated with certain styles to not notice.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

I haven't played all the Tori/Jason stuff yet. If you are right then that will be great.

I haven't noticed Steph asking permission more, if she is that is good but on the big issues it is a problem.

If your theory is right, which it could be, then MC is someone she settled for. I can understand why she keeps it a secret and its a pretty shitty thing to do. If I discovered a secret like that I would be gone. No way in the world would I accept that. So maybe you are right. Its a dog act and it would explain a lot of her attitudes towards MC.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
I still don't think that's Chuck's role - simply for the fact that we know Steph's sister is a huge status whore, and I can't see her disparaging Chuck like she did if he was some "mega dom chad boyfriend"; she simply wouldnt say the line about "anyone looks good compared to him". I have my own theory on Chuck, but it's so far out there I'm not gonna share it - I'll wait till we know more.
When I wrote about "alpha chad" I had more in mind appearance, personality and bedroom skills, and not money, status, etc. He may still live in his mother's basement but still sleeps with a new girl every night.
That's why I quit this "nice guy" shit straight out of university. It simply does not work and brings only suffering and disappointment.
That's why I had a butt-heard from the "all the good endings" news. Given all these secrets, omissions, characters, etc., I don't see how it will work here.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
When I wrote about "alpha chad" I had more in mind appearance, personality and bedroom skills, and not money, status, etc. He may still live in his mother's basement but still sleeps with a new girl every night.
Understood, but consider her earlier put downs of MC at the dinner table. She doesn't care about socioeconomic status as much as "high school hotness". (you see her kinda reluctantly coming around to praising mc, like "Oh he's successful now, I guess you did alright for yourself steph zzzzz")

I shouldn't have used the phrase status whore, because that sounds like socioeconomic climbing. Steph's sister loves the douchebags, so to speak. She would be all for the hot guy in the mother's basement. It could be the dialogue ends up being inconsistent and I'm getting too attached to a single line, I guess we'll see.

And yeah, I feel like the updates are written for a different crowd- each one doubles down this idea of secrets and omissions and grand subterfuge......fuck man I just want a game where a gf/bf or married couple go out on the town and bang people, I don't need grand betrayal exposition #342.

-edit
I remember once talking to a female friend (actual friend, not into her at all) about this and she just replied something like "oh, of course that makes sense-there are less stakes with someone you don't know well vs a boyfriend so you can do crazier stuff" and internally I was seething.

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
And yeah, I feel like the updates are written for a different crowd- each one doubles down this idea of secrets and omissions and grand subterfuge......fuck man I just want a game where a gf/bf or married couple go out on the town and bang people, I don't need grand betrayal exposition #342.
I myself do not like all these secrets and I do not quite understand why this was added to the game.
From the first update, I had the impression that this is a story about equal relations, trust and exploration of something new. But with each subsequent update, this view is crumbling, as some secrets appear and the not-so-pleasant personalities of the characters begin to be revealed.
I would really like my theory to be false because otherwise, it would ruin this story for me.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes