Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I was wondering that as well. Granted Im not American so I don't know how things are in the college there but bullies in college especially with that look is kinda out of place
I gotta agree. I'm not sure how University is over there at the US of A but bullies did not exist when I was in college; let alone people who act like the guy in A69.
If someone were to punch someone else and push them out of a chair in the middle of a US college campus building they'd likely be charged with battery/assault and would immediately be kicked out of the college no questions asked. If the University failed to take any action during or after the encounter it would be extremely easy to sue and win a court case against the school. Changing the setting to a high school would make a lot of things way more believable. It's pretty hard to get kicked out of high school. Also the fact that Nea doesn't have a car and her living situation seem odd for a college student, but make a lot more sense if she was in high school.

jesus___

Jun 1, 2018
If someone were to punch someone else and push them out of a chair in the middle of a US college campus building they'd likely be charged with battery/assault and would immediately be kicked out of the college no questions asked. If the University failed to take any action during or after the encounter it would be extremely easy to sue and win a court case against the school. Changing the setting to a high school would make a lot of things way more believable. It's pretty hard to get kicked out of high school. Also the fact that Nea doesn't have a car and her living situation seem odd for a college student, but make a lot more sense if she was in high school.
i mean its not that odd for her but yea i agree with the bully thing changing it to a high school setting would be better. but also difficult because if you play with the incest patch idk if it's in the game without it but your little sis masturbaits right next to you its already hard enough to define her age but changing the setting to high school would really make her underage. unless he makes it where the MC got held back a year or 2

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
i mean its not that odd for her but yea i agree with the bully thing changing it to a high school setting would be better. but also difficult because if you play with the incest patch idk if it's in the game without it but your little sis masturbaits right next to you its already hard enough to define her age but changing the setting to high school would really make her underage. unless he makes it where the MC got held back a year or 2
Just get rid of the bully. It's so over done and just tired. Have him be kicked out of College/University. Not sure which it's supposed to be. And then create a storyline where his girl, whatever her name is, starts making nice and apologizing for his behaviour. Nea and her become friends and if you really need to have some kind of drama to work around then have whichever you're not banging become jealous and attempt to cock block you.

Or you could have a relationship that doesn't have some dramatic hurdle to get over. Focus on Nea's father and the MC's uncertainty about his feeling towards a trans person.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Not really interested in the gay transgender story... should I continue or delete and move to another game? Fuck the gays doesn't feel like a good choice. Am I wrong?

PS: saying everyone who lives in a rural area is racist or homophobic just plain ignorant. It is sad to see people inject their prejudices on people they don't know. In any case, F95zone isn't the place for promoting Anti-American stereotypes or any stereotypes.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I have to agree, the writing is all over the place... not really sure where Luxee is going with this. And Yes all other males in Parental Love are perverts, just not the MC (joking).

He seems to be going through a rough patch because of Parental Love. I hate to see talented Devs second guessing themselves. PL is a great story. It's not going to be perfect for everyone, so he should stick with his vision and not worry what others think.

PS: This game is a mess... very grind-y. Not at all what I would expect from Luxee.

Reactions: Safetydummy

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Nea is a positive addition to the usual hot girls club that's in every story but the bully/Dad are terrible as people have mentioned.
A hint system for where to go and other ways to pass time.
Maybe not have routes tied to others? I'd rather spend time with Nea than anyone else so far.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I don't understand why there is a stereotypical no brains/aggressive high school bully when the characters all go to a university. It kind of feels like watching some Disney Channel show since they all have the cliche bully character who's only reason for existing is to be mean and literally does nothing else and has no other characterization. It's bad writing that completely fails to give any meaning to or reason to care about the conflict.
Honestly, I've known people like this IRL and encountered them very often online - both the bully and Nea's father. Feeling emotionally (and irrationally) threatened is at the core of their intolerance and they tend to go overboard in their reactions to being presented with the very existence of someone like Nea. It's sickening and I've been on the receiving end when with friends who fall into that category, too.

I feel like the writing in this installment is a mix of formal exposition and each character trying to find a voice as the author starts this new world up. But they each have distinct personalities already, which is a good start. How nuanced it becomes over time is anybody's guess.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly, I've known people like this IRL and encountered them very often online - both the bully and Nea's father. Feeling emotionally (and irrationally) threatened is at the core of their intolerance and they tend to go overboard in their reactions to being presented with the very existence of someone like Nea. It's sickening and I've been on the receiving end when with friends who fall into that category, too.

I feel like the writing in this installment is a mix of formal exposition and each character trying to find a voice as the author starts this new world up. But they each have distinct personalities already, which is a good start. How nuanced it becomes over time is anybody's guess.
I think @Luxee has captured the essence of what a bully is in Eric. Admittedly I think he has gone to the extreme to make the point. Bullies exist in all walks of life to include Universities/Colleges. Sometimes this bullying takes place with groups and hazing is a form of bullying.

So Eric encapsulates all forms of bullying by purposely distorting his actions again to make the point. I think it's effective so far. Have to wait and see how he deals with it as the game progresses.

Reactions: fried

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
If no one else has yet, I'm going to make a request for a game where you just mutilate/ murder Eric in every way that exists >;D Lite that Mofo's junk on fire then put it out with a Galagher style watermelon smasher!!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
This game is fascinating. @Luxee has created some real art here, if you accept that the purpose of art is to engage, confront, and often times challenge the person interacting with the product, no matter the medium. This game made me uncomfortable more than once, but in a way that I appreciate. It explores sexual themes and taboos that push boundaries, but with tact and skill. Not that the game doesn't have its faults. Setting aside the gameplay issues (there are many), the MC seems just a bit too thick-headed in his interactions with his sisters, especially Tess. He seems to miss some pretty obvious signals from all the girls. But that might explain why he's rendered as a "jock" type? Maybe Luxee is telling the story of a muscle-bound stereotype who processes his thoughts a lot slower than (most) players? There is a lot of dramatic irony in the story; most of it works well, but some of it seems flat right now, but might open up as the story progresses. I'm eager to find out.

Nea:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Evelyn:

Tess:

Jamie (mom)

These are all opinions and should not be construed as facts :).

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
I still believe that Luxee strucked gold/oil with Nea, it's just the college bully thing seems really off. The confederate texas dad is so good that it almost outweight the bully thing. But I have faith in Luxee so Im just gonna see where he's going with this.

'Jaeger'

May 3, 2017
Which folder are save files in?
(There is no "saves" folder in \game directory and there is nothing in c:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ dir.)

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised. Honestly with the initial teaser bios that Luxee was releasing leading up to A69's release I wasn't all too interested. Turns out, it's pretty damn good.
The inclusion of a transsexual is a first for any Ren'Py game made with Daz3D as far as I'm aware; and I'm glad she's a real cutie. Nea is an adorable boi that I want to protect. :relievedface:
As always with Luxee's work, I love the usual 4th wall breaking humor & references to other adult games. Watching horror movies with Evelyn and seeing footage from gave me a good chuckle.

View attachment 156722 View attachment 156725 View attachment 156727 View attachment 156723 View attachment 156724

And speaking of Evelyn.... err. I mean, It's a game. Fine. But I can't help but imagine is staring at me intensely from a corner. ::|:

All-in-all, great job once again @Luxee , your work always gives me joy. Looking forward to more great content between Apartment 69 and Parental Love. :smileskisses:

I gotta agree. I'm not sure how University is over there at the US of A but bullies did not exist when I was in college; let alone people who act like the guy in A69.
Hmm Wasn't that guy accused of sexual misconduct with minors eventually? not sure just thought I rememeber something like that...

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes