jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
View attachment 2045442
9/15/22 11 AM EST
Update on "progress"

Heya, it's been a while since the last post, so I figured I'd make this one to just keep you all up to date on what's been happening.
Worry not, 0.07 is still being worked on. I recognize these updates are taking longer and longer to come out however and I wish I had more of a clear cut reason as to why that is. I don't feel depressed or anything weird like that, but my work motivation just has been lacking to an unacceptable degree. Right now I'm working on a way to combat that however, and I do think I can start getting more work done.
I appreciate the lot of you sticking with me even through these slow progress times.
Thanks for the render! Tess is one of my faves! ❤❤❤

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
It would make sense though. This game, even before he reworked some stuff in PL, was starting to take a long time to update relative to the amount of content. Signs of burnout have been creeping in for a while with this game.

His latest progress tracker is concerning too.

1663530789935.png

It's barely halfway. The last tracker update was in August.

1663530877614.png

And as we can see, he got 1 scene done in a month. And changed the estimate from this summer to hopefully this year.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
It would make sense though. This game, even before he reworked some stuff in PL, was starting to take a long time to update relative to the amount of content. Signs of burnout have been creeping in for a while with this game.

His latest progress tracker is concerning too.

View attachment 2051362

It's barely halfway. The last tracker update was in August.

View attachment 2051363

And as we can see, he got 1 scene done in a month. And changed the estimate from this summer to hopefully this year.
Its sad but true, burnout is showing. 10 months now they're still below the halfway. A release isn't likely for at least 2+ months maybe more. Also give what Luxee has said on Patreon , it doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

Reactions: dav121
Jun 15, 2022
The 1.1 PL update slowed everything down. In my opinion, it didn't need to be done at all, as the game was already finished, and it was mainly just sex scene stuff added, so not a lot of actual new meat on the bone, but now that PL is done, for good this time, hopefully Lux will get things going and we'll get back to some sort of normalcy now.

I'm not worried. So it takes a bit longer. Big deal. I can wait.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
The 1.1 PL update slowed everything down. In my opinion, it didn't need to be done at all, as the game was already finished, and it was mainly just sex scene stuff added, so not a lot of actual new meat on the bone, but now that PL is done, for good this time, hopefully Lux will get things going and we'll get back to some sort of normalcy now.

Originally the idea that was put forward, was they were going to work on the extra stuff for PL in the background and continue development of A69 so it wouldn't be slowed down, but somewhere along the line I guess they decided to do just the PL stuff and not touch A69 until it was finished.
As a subscriber at the time (for A69 since PL was finished over a year prior), and the original plan that was mentioned, I was fine with that, but when they dropped developing A69 to work on PL instead, so I left.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017

Originally the idea that was put forward, was they were going to work on the extra stuff for PL in the background and continue development of A69 so it wouldn't be slowed down, but somewhere along the line I guess they decided to do just the PL stuff and not touch A69 until it was finished.
As a subscriber at the time (for A69 since PL was finished over a year prior), and the original plan that was mentioned, I was fine with that, but when they dropped developing A69 to work on PL instead, so I left.
I think the PL update was due in no small part because Luxee needed a break from A69. Maybe they felt that if they switched things up for a bit that they could come back to A69 refreshed. But instead it might be more a case of they've come back to the game and are even less interested in it. I suspect that's not going to change any time soon. I think that the game hasn't really gone the way that Luxee expected and they're not really sure where to go with it or to tie things together. Or they're just bored of their own creation. But unless something changes, this game would take several years to complete, if it finishes at all.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I think the PL update was due in no small part because Luxee needed a break from A69. Maybe they felt that if they switched things up for a bit that they could come back to A69 refreshed. But instead it might be more a case of they've come back to the game and are even less interested in it. I suspect that's not going to change any time soon. I think that the game hasn't really gone the way that Luxee expected and they're not really sure where to go with it or to tie things together. Or they're just bored of their own creation. But unless something changes, this game would take several years to complete, if it finishes at all.
Well I hope they continue development of A69, I really like the game, the only gripe I have with it is the 2 forced choices with Nea, but other than that I really like it, would be a shame if it got abandoned.

Jun 15, 2022
Well I hope they continue development of A69, I really like the game, the only gripe I have with it is the 2 forced choices with Nea, but other than that I really like it, would be a shame if it got abandoned.
I would hate for this game to end or be dropped, but I don't think that'll happen, and I agree on the Nea stuff, which is why I either avoid her or send her to where she can't come back from.

I very much doubt Lux is leaving this game in purgatory, but burnout is a pretty common thing with devs. I'm not in any way concerned. If this were a few other devs I have in mind, I would be very worried, but I'm not.

Last edited:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
came for the lolies, stayed for the great tgirl arc, hell - i would even say best from all VNs with trans tag i played so far, Nea just exactly my type, shame it ended rather soon and beside short bj scene there wasn't anything else

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
If memory serves, Luxee did say at some point that the change in style (from linear VN with choies to a more sandboxey type thing) was a new thing for them. So if you add the burnout and the absolutely trashy reception for Nea from some people, it's hardly surprising that all this put together would be quite deadly for Luxee's motivation/work capacity.
People love to forget devs are all but humans as well, with all the weaknesses that entails.

Reactions: jospaghettio

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Can anyone post the lastest full post on patreon, if this game is now being worked on, then this thread should be reported to have the abandoned tag removed.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Can anyone post the lastest full post on patreon, if this game is now being worked on, then this thread should be reported to have the abandoned tag removed.
There's been multiple times people have tried to appeal to the tag with the tracker and stuff and the mod team decided the tag was to stay.
Likely they won't remove it no matter what until there's an actual update, sadly.
So we'll have to deal with the people posting about how the game is abandonned for a bit more time...

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
There's been multiple times people have tried to appeal to the tag with the tracker and stuff and the mod team decided the tag was to stay.
Likely they won't remove it no matter what until there's an actual update, sadly.
So we'll have to deal with the people posting about how the game is abandonned for a bit more time...
Ah, I see, oh well fuck it, time to switch to watching without emails than.

Reactions: Rutonat

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if including the abandoned tag in certain games is really meant to count how many people come in to complain about it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rutonat

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
At this rate, an update per year with usually five minutes or less of gameplay... Well I used to support Luxee but it has just become absurd.
As long as Luxee doesn't do more work on PL or decide to start up a new game, hopefully they can get out two updates a year. As you said though, there's not much content in the updates, especially if you're not on the Nea path. It's mainly wandering around, triggering memories that don't last all that long. If people have to wait several months for an update and it's either mostly Nea content, or mostly not Nea content, alternative groups of people will be pissed off. Maybe it's knowing that he's made a game with two competing fanbases for that is draining the creativity out of Luxee. Certainly there's people who love everything in the game, but there's also definite Pro-Nea and only Nea people on one side, and other people who don't care for Nea but like some or all of the other love interests. We'll have to see how Luxee balances those out going forward or if he changes the focus of the game to make it a more unified experience.

Jun 15, 2022
Nah PL is done, for good this time, now he just needs to get past the burnout and try to get things back on track. I'm one of those people who want absolutely nothing to do with Nea (as well as Tess, Jamie, Cha, Preeti or Alicia. deductive reasoning should point out to who I want in this game) so I ignore her or send her on a one-way trip.

Never liked this game as much as PL because most of it rotates around a single character so you can't do the other's events without doing Nea's, so I'm assuming Lux has to do two paths here, or I guess three; romance, ignore, and roof dive. Just as long as she's not in any of my endings with the girls I want, I'm happy (and that goes the same way with Alicia being involved in Seki's route)

spk146

Sep 8, 2020
About the host:

FILESFM and MEGA are deleted/no available.

MIXDROP and WORKUPLOAD works fine.

Dont know if i have to send this info to any user, but i put in here just in case

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
About the host:

FILESFM and MEGA are deleted/no available.

MIXDROP and WORKUPLOAD works fine.

Dont know if i have to send this info to any user, but i put in here just in case
You're supposed to use the report link at the bottom of the post and write in the text field that a download link is broken (and which one of course)

Reactions: spk146
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes