Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He was working on final add-ons to PL
so it was expected to be a longer time gap anyway
Yeah I know but it still sucks. I personally wasn't really interested in playing PL again just for a few new scenes. But I am glad that stuff is out of the way now and he can focus on this game.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
The game(and Luxee) might benefit from paring down of the ensemble. The narrative has much less focus than PL and the cast of characters don't blend well imo. Loli and trans and buxom(Tess) and master slave.

I love Tess! Like Charlotte. Disinterested in Seki. And dislike Alicia. But in my opinion all of them could be cut to give the game a greater focus. Too late now save for a dramatic bus accident haha.

Luxee is great for combining lewd with sweet. That was the draw of PL. Hope his writing continues in that direction.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
still sad i saw no nea in next update :(
There has been a lot of Nea in the previous updates, it's time for other LIs to get the development they lack.

The game(and Luxee) might benefit from paring down of the ensemble. The narrative has much less focus than PL and the cast of characters don't blend well imo. Loli and trans and buxom(Tess) and master slave.

I love Tess! Like Charlotte. Disinterested in Seki. And dislike Alicia. But in my opinion all of them could be cut to give the game a greater focus. Too late now save for a dramatic bus accident haha.

Luxee is great for combining lewd with sweet. That was the draw of PL. Hope his writing continues in that direction.
I like almost all LI to a greater or lesser extent. The ones I like the most are Cha'relle, Heather and Tess. I'm very interested to see what Jamie's planning. My interest in Evelyn, Millie, Seki and Yui isn't as big as the other 4, but that doesn't mean I don't like them (the truth is that I can say I like them all). The only one I really don't like is Alicia.

On the other hand, in my game, Nea had a dramatic accident and there doesn't seem to be any chance of her reappearing.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
still sad i saw no nea in next update :(
There has been a lot of Nea in the previous updates, it's time for other LIs to get the development they lack.
I hadn't noticed that. Nea's definitely at the pool party (assuming the splash image over the menu is that), but so's Millie, so I dunno. I hadn't been of the impression there was less Nea planned for this update than usual. She's kinda the main girl. Maybe that's why Lux has been dragging his heels. Having to spend time on Tess instead lol.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
That's on purpose. Luxee wanted to try making something less "railroadey" like a classical VN is (like PL). But since the game is barely on 0.06 so far, yes, it doesn't feel much different so far, just more "messy". That's something that'll show later down the road.

Also yes, all characters have something interesting going on, more or less. Some don't have anything to show just yet but it'll come at some point.
Some even manage to be both sweet and lewd at the same time. Like the little sister's friend (forgot her name all of a sudden). Her bumbling attempts and being sexy for the MC are both hilarious and adorable.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I like this game more than PL, so I hope he doesn't listen to the whiners on this thread.
I don't think Luxee is reading this thread.
And the only whiners in this thread are the ones that hate Nea.
Otherwise this thread is pretty civil.
I think the subscriber only scene that is planned is the only Nea scene we are going to get with the next update anyway.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and Rutonat

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
I don't think Luxee is reading this thread.
And the only whiners in this thread are the ones that hate Nea.
Otherwise this thread is pretty civil.
I think the subscriber only scene that is planned is the only Nea scene we are going to get with the next update anyway.
Well, a lot of us "whiners" just wanted an option to be friends with Nea.
Personally i find Option 1: Suck and fuck a dude transitioning and 2: Witness the rejected Nea commit suicide. Rather shit.
What's wrong with having Nea be a pal or a wingman?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I hadn't noticed that. Nea's definitely at the pool party (assuming the splash image over the menu is that), but so's Millie, so I dunno. I hadn't been of the impression there was less Nea planned for this update than usual. She's kinda the main girl. Maybe that's why Lux has been dragging his heels. Having to spend time on Tess instead lol.
I'm curious how Luxee's going to perform the scenes, on other LIs' paths, where Nea appears, in the games of those of us who have decided not to have a romantic relationship with her. I mean, unless this happens before Nea's suicide, she shouldn't be in them.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Is she killing herself stupid? Absolutely. Are there better options? Of course.

BUT she is obviously the main LI of the game. Luxee has put all his effort toward her.
If people feel uncomfortable with playing a game where a trans girl is the main LI then they should drop it.
I totally get that. That is why I'm simply browsing the thread now and then. If the game turns out to be good without Nea, then I'll go ahead and play again. If the game turns out to be bare bones and lackluster without Nea, then i'll just skip it and move on. Just plain browsing now and then gives me insight into what the current temperature is and hopefully reflects Luxee's mindset.

When i tested the game back in the very beginning, i had high hopes for a Nea friends path. Similar to what you had in Acting Lessons. That game had an awesome friend and semi wingman. That game did turn out to be a frikkin divisive game, but still had an awesome story.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019

BUT she is obviously the main LI of the game. Luxee has put all his effort toward her.
If people feel uncomfortable with playing a game where a trans girl is the main LI then they should dop it.

Hence me dropping it, and not complaining. Like no hate on my end, it just doesn't do it for me. But I hope it is competed for those that are fans of this game.

Reactions: Uthuriel

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

If people feel uncomfortable with playing a game where a trans girl is the main LI then they should dop it.
She's one of the main LIs, but really if you're not interested or want to know anything about her you can choose not to see any of her content (it's still happening behind the camera, but the player doesn't see it). This simple fact tells me that she really isn't the only main LI, although she is certainly the most important (at least in terms of story development and the way she ties the stories of other LIs together).

I have to say that Nea's story, until the last MC choice, was pretty nice.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
She's one of the main LIs, but really if you're not interested or want to know anything about her you can choose not to see any of her content (it's still happening behind the camera, but the player doesn't see it). This simple fact tells me that she really isn't the only main LI, although she is certainly the most important (at least in terms of story development and the way she ties the stories of other LIs together).

I have to say that Nea's story, until the last MC choice, was pretty nice.
I mean in my story she obviously didn't die.
I just hope Luxee gets over his writers block and can finish the update soon, because I want to see how the story progresses with the other girls too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasKyau

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017

Luxee's own website presents Nea as just another character and makes the game sound like a standard dating simulator type game or possibly harem thing. Then the game itself starts with a scene in the future where they purposely leave it up in the air who the MC ended up with. I think it's only through playing the game or from reading these threads that you come to understand that Luxee wants Nea to be the primary love interest. Although they've also promised that Nea will be optional and/or avoidable too, so there's that. At times they seem to have forgotten that Nea was just supposed to be an optional path. I think they intended to make a true dating simulator game but couldn't help but give Nea more focus despite their best intentions. Nea or a trans character in general has been where their interest was for years.

Thematically, the love story between the MC and Nea that Luxee is building doesn't even match everything else going on, which is just a fuck-fest. I'm not pursuing Nea, but if I were, it would feel weird to have her story going on while I'm (unavoidably) nailing Alicia at school and chasing after a bunch of other women who I don't seem to have any romantic love for. It feels like two very different games are being mashed together and it just isn't blending well. I kind of get the feeling that Luxee doesn't have a good roadmap for this game, and they're not sure where to go from here, which is why they're struggling to find interest in working on it. As it stands now, we're several years away from the game being finished at this current pace, although I suspect it would be abandoned long before then. I'm still suspecting we'll see Luxee start up a new game at some point and just work on that instead or divide their time between that and A69. At least with a new game there would be some momentum and freshness, and they could avoid some of the mistakes made with A69.

Reactions: splamo and Duke Leo
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes