Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Ok, well if Nea is their primary inspiration/focus, then why not have a friend route option ? rather than only romance or suicide.
If they were that concerned on keeping her in the game, why not add the third option?
Many people have commented (including myself) that if there was a friend route they would take it, rather than the other alternatives, but we weren't given that option.
My personal theory is that the harassment and constant insults Luxee was subject to, because of their love for trans characters, led to them snapping. I've seen some of the drivel people will say and honestly, there's no surprise Luxee doesn't come to this site anymore. People are fucking vile.
So while I don't have any insider information or anything, Luxee being human, I think they just ended up snapping at the constant attacks over Nea, and had a "There ! You fucing happy now, you fucking assholes !?" type reaction. Which, while not very mature, is very much understandable, in my opinion. Devs are humans, they all have their breaking point. And people who get games for free can somehow be even worse than the mainstream gaming community when it comes to attacking a creator.

Last edited:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I've played a lot of games with optional characters, and this hasn't really been the case for any of them. Or at least there's not a case where if you reject the love interest, they kill themselves. Sometimes the game gives you an option asking if you want to avoid the content, and then you never see the character at all. Other times they hang around, but you don't interact with them (at least with your penis). But we've had this lengthy intro to Nea and multiple interactions with her before her untimely demise in the friendship path. There's also multiple places where you're expected to tell the game "no, I still don't want the romance route", although the latest one was after you already see Nea naked, which again is pretty unusual for an optional character where some may not like the content. You generally don't expose them to said content before giving them the choice to avoid it in the future. But that's part of Luxee's thinking of "if I just show them enough of who Nea is, they have to love her". That's why the game isn't really designed to exist without her, since Luxee couldn't envision anyone wanting that after they met her.
On a side note, the way Nea is written makes it actually quite logical. Her life pre-MC is extremely abusive, and trust me you have no idea how heavily that kind of environment affect trans people. So since she was written in such a broken and vulnerable state, the simple hope of someone loving her has absurdly high effects on her mental state, and understandably it's revealed she has a huge fear of abandonment.
So the MC pushing her away sends her very much spiraling inside her own head. And for someone in such a mental state, that spiral can be extremely destructive.
Plus the MC can be kind of fucking stupid at times with his interactions with her, too, which does not help in the slightest.

So while yes, the writting could have been chosen to go another way, it's actually fairly logically and realistically done, paradoxally.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
My personal theory is that the harassment and constant insults Luxee was subject to, because of their love or trans characters, led to them snapping. I've seen some of the drivel people will say and honestly, there's no surprise Luxee doesn't come to this site anymore. People are fucking vile.
So while I don't have any insider information or anything, Luxee being human, I think they just ended up snapping at the constant attacks over Nea, and had a "There ! You fucing happy now, you fucking assholes !?" type reaction. Which, while not very mature, is very much understandable, in my opinion. Devs are humans, they all have their breaking point. And people who get games for free can somehow be even worse than the mainstream gaming community when it comes to attacking a creator.
I have no issues with her being in the game, just woulda been nice to have a friend route option, no one else should have any issues with her either, but you know, people get angry over fictional characters in a game :rolleyes:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I have no issues with her being in the game, just woulda been nice to have a friend route option, no one else should have any issues with her either, but you know, people get angry over fictional characters in a game :rolleyes:
You have no idea how many transphobic cunts attacked Luxee over her and a PL side-character existing. That's absolutely nuts how vile people will be over something like that just to get their way...

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
On a side note, the way Nea is written makes it actually quite logical. Her life pre-MC is extremely abusive, and trust me you have no idea how heavily that kind of environment affect trans people. So since she was written in such a broken and vulnerable state, the simple hope of someone loving her has absurdly high effects on her mental state, and understandably it's revealed she has a huge fear of abandonment.
So the MC pushing her away sends her very much spiraling inside her own head. And for someone in such a mental state, that spiral can be extremely destructive.
Plus the MC can be kind of fucking stupid at times with his interactions with her, too, which does not help in the slightest.

So while yes, the writting could have been chosen to go another way, it's actually fairly logically and realistically done, paradoxally.
Actually, on this route the MC arrives late, that is, when he arrives it has already happened. Yes, you've decided you don't want to romance her, but the MC still hasn't gotten around to telling her when it happens.

I guess it's more the fear of being rejected that makes it happen rather than being rejected, which is something that hasn't happened yet when she jumps.

Reactions: Rutonat

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
It's very frustrating. I was so fucking stoked for this game, there's so little good trans/femboy content. But nooooo, the aggressively straight dudes have to come to something that's not FOR them and cry all over it until it gets ruined for the rest of us.
Tbh, i'm not sure those people are as straight as they claim to be and are possibly just trying to convince themselves that they are. Usually people that are safe and secure with their sexuality don't have to act like that even if there's something they are not into.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
It's very frustrating. I was so fucking stoked for this game, there's so little good trans/femboy content. But nooooo, the aggressively straight dudes have to come to something that's not FOR them and cry all over it until it gets ruined for the rest of us.
Actually, until the last update, the game has focused mainly on Nea, and nothing makes me think that Nea will stop being the main character for those who have chosen to romance her.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
You have no idea how many transphobic cunts attacked Luxee over her and a PL side-character existing. That's absolutely nuts how vile people will be over something like that just to get their way...
They probably thought the characters were cute af (because they are), and felt their sexuality was threatened because they found them attractive and lashed out because of it.

I chose to romance Nea(I always intended to), but even so I do think the suicide was too much. Sometimes a friend is all you need to be to pull somebody back...but on that route she was just too afraid of being rejected.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
They probably thought the characters were cute af (because they are), and felt their sexuality was threatened because they found them attractive and lashed out because of it.

I chose to romance Nea(I always intended to), but even so I do think the suicide was too much. Sometimes a friend is all you need to be to pull somebody back...but on that route she was just too afraid of being rejected.
Yeah, it still feels like Luxee got sick and tired of the anti-Nea, Anti-Trans posts and lashed out with this extreme result.

• Sad
Reactions: lazerus13901

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

I think that the revenge is also in the route that skips Nea: In that route all the things that happens in the Nea's route happens without the player seeing them. And if you play that route, you don't have in the next scene after rejecting/starting a relationship with Nea a messege that says "I didn't remember that those happened" (or something like that) that happens if you reject Nea. In fact, when I try to see how it's that route I have the sense that it all happens as if the MC has started a relationship with Nea.

Jan 12, 2022
Is this completely dead or is it still going?
In all honesty, it's starting to look like it's completely dead. There was some life towards the end of last year and the beginning of this year, and it seemed like an update was moments away, but since then it's gone completely quiet. Maybe the dev will return, but presently it's gone dormant

• Sad
Reactions: Khao

Freshenstein

Jan 1, 2018
The dev is still somewhat active in their discord. Last post was about a week and a half ago. Absolutely no update on the status of the game however, but I mean it's only been like 16 months (Dec 2021) since the last update dropped...

• Sad
Reactions: Khao
May 22, 2019
The dev is still somewhat active in their discord. Last post was about a week and a half ago. Absolutely no update on the status of the game however, but I mean it's only been like 16 months (Dec 2021) since the last update dropped...
It's officially abandoned i guess if that the case

Dotu Lord

Jul 21, 2018
Don't worry guys, other devs that haven't put out an update in two and a half years are still telling us "The next update is on the way!" LOL

tacoman561

Sep 12, 2017

I can't speak for anyone but myself in particular, but for myself and at least some people I've witnessed(didn't keep track of usernames), the bold parts a severe issue with this story, and why a friend route may actually make more sense. You have the story focused around one character that not only is written in a rather logical and somewhat realistic sense, but is EXTREMELY vulnerable emotionally, to the point of self-destruction upon rejection, inside a game that actively blocks progress if you don't commit to building a harem. It feels like with Nea, the intent is to draw you in and make the interactions with MC believable. The issue is, a character like this would crack in the exact same way - possibly worse - if led to believe their love interest was building a harem with his family, their bullies - anyone he can stick his dick in, really - the entire time that they felt they had found "the one" and that they were someone else's "one." One can only suspend their disbelief so far, and I'm pretty sure a good deal of people would not be able to suspend their disbelief that, upon finding out MC is balls-deep in so many people, Nea would just say "fuck it" and roll with it.

I don't follow this thread endlessly, just pop in every now and again, but over the months, I've seen this brought up a few times, and it's never actively addressed; all I see is people get labeled as "transphobic" and the legitimate criticism is subverted. Even people who have said they really like the Nea character, and would love a Nea-only game, but that she doesn't fit into Apartment 69 are shut down in identical fashion. (Which is rather confusing, seeing as it seems to me that Luxee has written Nea as the main love interest and has given her the spotlight far more than anyone else; if this is the case, I would think Luxee very well might enjoy making a Nea-only game.) Hell, I'll probably be called transphobic for this post for suggesting a Nea friend route could have made sense, but the game is now at a point where neither a friend route nor love route will make sense, should the harem aspect be kept in place.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I can't speak for anyone but myself in particular, but for myself and at least some people I've witnessed(didn't keep track of usernames), the bold parts a severe issue with this story, and why a friend route may actually make more sense. You have the story focused around one character that not only is written in a rather logical and somewhat realistic sense, but is EXTREMELY vulnerable emotionally, to the point of self-destruction upon rejection, inside a game that actively blocks progress if you don't commit to building a harem. It feels like with Nea, the intent is to draw you in and make the interactions with MC believable. The issue is, a character like this would crack in the exact same way - possibly worse - if led to believe their love interest was building a harem with his family, their bullies - anyone he can stick his dick in, really - the entire time that they felt they had found "the one" and that they were someone else's "one." One can only suspend their disbelief so far, and I'm pretty sure a good deal of people would not be able to suspend their disbelief that, upon finding out MC is balls-deep in so many people, Nea would just say "fuck it" and roll with it.

I don't follow this thread endlessly, just pop in every now and again, but over the months, I've seen this brought up a few times, and it's never actively addressed; all I see is people get labeled as "transphobic" and the legitimate criticism is subverted. Even people who have said they really like the Nea character, and would love a Nea-only game, but that she doesn't fit into Apartment 69 are shut down in identical fashion. (Which is rather confusing, seeing as it seems to me that Luxee has written Nea as the main love interest and has given her the spotlight far more than anyone else; if this is the case, I would think Luxee very well might enjoy making a Nea-only game.) Hell, I'll probably be called transphobic for this post for suggesting a Nea friend route could have made sense, but the game is now at a point where neither a friend route nor love route will make sense, should the harem aspect be kept in place.
Ever since I saw the options for Nea I said there should be a friend route option, I have no issues with her being trans, and I do like her character, but often on forums like this, having a differing opinion to other people does come with it's share of bullshit with it, I mean heaven forbid you have your own opinion, lol.
I have been flamed many times for having a different opinion on some games to what the fanboi sheep think, but whatever, I really don't care, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as am I. :)
But yes, there should have been a friend route option for Nea.

Hollowfied121

Jun 14, 2021
It's officially abandoned i guess if that the case
They update the progress tracker on their website every so often, most recent was January and the update before that was October last year I think. So while I can't say for sure the website is getting progress updates semi-regularly.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes