JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
They update the progress tracker on their website every so often, most recent was January and the update before that was October last year I think. So while I can't say for sure the website is getting progress updates semi-regularly.
Previous tracker update was actually in December, a little over a month before the "latest" status:
1680813888996.png
Current tracker status is still (updated in January):
1680813953451.png

On Discord, Luxee's user shows 1 channel message in January, 2 channel messages in February, 2 channel messages in March, and no activity in April, making their last sign of life (publicly) on 24th of March. And these are in channels visible to everyone (I have no idea if there are any hidden channels only visible to subscribers/supporters). Neither of these messages were about anything related to A69 (mainly short brainfarts).

At this point, given their activity since last progress tracker update, I'm more worried about Luxee's health and mental wellbeing than anything, and I just hope they'll soon display signs of life that is more than short single-line comments on current events.

Reactions: hadbla and Trenia
May 26, 2020
Actually, until the last update, the game has focused mainly on Nea, and nothing makes me think that Nea will stop being the main character for those who have chosen to romance her.
You know, aside from the game updates shutting down following aforementioned aggressively straight crying and an update that had little to no Nea content.

sivaario

Nov 5, 2019
How about you let the dev make the game they want and dont play it if you dont like it?
Theres more than enough people who like some gay/trans/futa content. If i were a dev id just ignore/ban all the haters. there will be enough support. i would bet that most haters never even supported any dev with money.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
How about you let the dev make the game they want and dont play it if you dont like it?
Theres more than enough people who like some gay/trans/futa content. If i were a dev id just ignore/ban all the haters. there will be enough support. i would bet that most haters never even supported any dev with money.
Actually, I supported Luxee on Patreon through almost all of Parental Love and the first few updates of this game before I decided it wasn't worth my money. I gave it a chance financially but it was clear the game was a massive step down from PL, and despite his promises to the contrary, Nea wasn't really going to be all that optional. I'm not ruling out supporting again, although I haven't seen anything in this game since it started to make it feel worth spending any more money on.

There are many other games out there with some trans content, although the ones I've seen all handle it much better than this one and avoid a lot of the drama. All the ones I played make it optional like Luxee promised he would do, so people don't have much reason to complain. Of course, they usually don't have their trans character kill themselves and make it all the MC's fault in order to get them out of the game.

Do you support Luxee financially? Have you ever? Do you support any of the devs?

sivaario

Nov 5, 2019
Actually, I supported Luxee on Patreon through almost all of Parental Love and the first few updates of this game before I decided it wasn't worth my money. I gave it a chance financially but it was clear the game was a massive step down from PL, and despite his promises to the contrary, Nea wasn't really going to be all that optional. I'm not ruling out supporting again, although I haven't seen anything in this game since it started to make it feel worth spending any more money on.

There are many other games out there with some trans content, although the ones I've seen all handle it much better than this one and avoid a lot of the drama. All the ones I played make it optional like Luxee promised he would do, so people don't have much reason to complain. Of course, they usually don't have their trans character kill themselves and make it all the MC's fault in order to get them out of the game.

Do you support Luxee financially? Have you ever? Do you support any of the devs?
Ive supported most devs of games i liked, that includes Luxee. And ive spent more on multiple individual VNs than on AAA Games.

Your reply is reasonable. But other people hating on a dev for content that they dont like is just insane.

Reactions: hmorphone

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
is this game really abandond
Honestly, we don't know. It was marked abandoned because while the dev announced he put this on hold to add some to his previous game, he did not officially notify this website, so they marked it abandoned. Since he released the updated version of his other game, there have been a few updates in the tracker, but development of this game seems to have stalled out.

Reactions: turgsh01

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
Seriously, so many patreons, and none of them knows any news about him? If he's ok if he's among the living?...something

Apr 3, 2023
Seriously, so many patreons, and none of them knows any news about him? If he's ok if he's among the living?...something
He's on DISCORD every day, but no, doesn't say a word to any of us really. Nothing has been said, announced, or updated, but yes, Lux is still alive. We're left in the dark just the same as everyone else.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
He's on DISCORD every day, but no, doesn't say a word to any of us really. Nothing has been said, announced, or updated, but yes, Lux is still alive. We're left in the dark just the same as everyone else.
They probably talk in private channels...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
They probably thought the characters were cute af (because they are), and felt their sexuality was threatened because they found them attractive and lashed out because of it.

I chose to romance Nea(I always intended to), but even so I do think the suicide was too much. Sometimes a friend is all you need to be to pull somebody back...but on that route she was just too afraid of being rejected.
I've already gone long and detailed about how I think, narratively, the situation makes a lot of sense. It's actually frighteningly realistic.

I can't speak for anyone but myself in particular, but for myself and at least some people I've witnessed(didn't keep track of usernames), the bold parts a severe issue with this story, and why a friend route may actually make more sense. You have the story focused around one character that not only is written in a rather logical and somewhat realistic sense, but is EXTREMELY vulnerable emotionally, to the point of self-destruction upon rejection, inside a game that actively blocks progress if you don't commit to building a harem. It feels like with Nea, the intent is to draw you in and make the interactions with MC believable. The issue is, a character like this would crack in the exact same way - possibly worse - if led to believe their love interest was building a harem with his family, their bullies - anyone he can stick his dick in, really - the entire time that they felt they had found "the one" and that they were someone else's "one." One can only suspend their disbelief so far, and I'm pretty sure a good deal of people would not be able to suspend their disbelief that, upon finding out MC is balls-deep in so many people, Nea would just say "fuck it" and roll with it.

I don't follow this thread endlessly, just pop in every now and again, but over the months, I've seen this brought up a few times, and it's never actively addressed; all I see is people get labeled as "transphobic" and the legitimate criticism is subverted. Even people who have said they really like the Nea character, and would love a Nea-only game, but that she doesn't fit into Apartment 69 are shut down in identical fashion. (Which is rather confusing, seeing as it seems to me that Luxee has written Nea as the main love interest and has given her the spotlight far more than anyone else; if this is the case, I would think Luxee very well might enjoy making a Nea-only game.) Hell, I'll probably be called transphobic for this post for suggesting a Nea friend route could have made sense, but the game is now at a point where neither a friend route nor love route will make sense, should the harem aspect be kept in place.
Damn that's long-winded.
I'm not saying a friend-Nea route doesn't make sense. Never said so, actually. I just think there's an understandable reason why Luxee jumped from the romance/ignore to suicide. As far as I'm aware, they catch a lot more shit than many other devs present on this website. The only comparable one to my knowledge are FreshMulan and WVM's dev (though the latter is understandable I guess...)
And you're not transphobic for not wanting to go the romance route with Nea. You'd be if you claimed she should be removed from the game or that the game needs to be labeled gay "because that's a dude", though. Or if you rejoinced of the suicide route, which would also label you a demented asshole. So you're fine.
If you're curious (and patient enough to look for it...), I've posted some times back about how the narrative ironically makes a lot of sense given how rough the abuse like what Nea gets get be one trans people's mental health. In our dear reality, there has been a lot, and I mean a lot, of suicide because of such abuse. On that aspect, the way that narrative is handled is very realistic for a character as damaged and fragile as Nea. The only part that's badly handled is the fact the MC goes back to his harem like it's no biggie.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
So is this abandoned?
I really, really, really miss this.
I adored Nea, and found a lot of comfort and solace that just being a decent person to her was enough. It didn't feel artificial, and her route felt very real. Because often times in situations like this, that's all a person asks for from another-- to be a decent person. Seeing this happen is sad. But it shows just how divisive we are as a species and our personal freedoms.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
So is this abandoned?
I really, really, really miss this.
I adored Nea, and found a lot of comfort and solace that just being a decent person to her was enough. It didn't feel artificial, and her route felt very real. Because often times in situations like this, that's all a person asks for from another-- to be a decent person. Seeing this happen is sad. But it shows just how divisive we are as a species and our personal freedoms.
So far, seems like Luxee might have been snatched by the big bad Burnout.

Reactions: pgm_01

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
So far, seems like Luxee might have been snatched by the big bad Burnout.
Hard to say, Luxee has never been in any hurry to release updates, maybe it will come out some time this year, who knows.
This game has kinda been on my "wait and see" list for some time, due to the many indecisive possible release dates and being repeatedly missed, if an update comes it comes, if not, then oh well.
As much as I love the game, the sparodic release schedule prevents me from spending any time anxiously awaiting the update to come out.

Last edited:

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Hard to say, Luxee has never been in any hurry to release updates, maybe it will come out some time this year, who knows.
This game has kinda been on my "wait and see" list for some time, due to the many indecisive possible release dates and being repeatedly missed, if an update comes it comes, if not, then oh well.
As much as I love the game, the sparodic release schedule prevents me from spending any time anxiously awaiting the update to come out.
At least, unlike some other devs around here who shall remain nameless, this developer only takes money through Patreon and the like when they release an update instead of monthly even when there is nothing to show for an extended period of time.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes