balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I thought that A69 did win but Lux decided not to pursue it in fear of backlash from PL patrons.
You might be right.. if my memory serves we were at 48 or 49% when the voting was canceled. We had occasions of being in the lead by a percent ir two but that was always when the poll wasn't close to closing so it really didn't matter..

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Regardless, we won't see another installment of Apartment 69 until Parental Love has been completed, per latest communications from Luxee. I think that makes sense, because unlike a MrDots production house that can crank out two games on a shuffling scheduling, I believe Luxee is the lone writer/dev/tester with unofficial support and translation help. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
Jan 1, 2018
So, those votings were just farce?
I interpreted Luxee's comments as, she/he thought the polls were a good idea at the time, but later decided the patrons' wishes conflicted with her/his creative needs, i.e. spending much time on A69 would make it difficult to keep the creative flow going on PL. It wasn't something she/he anticipated until after doing the poll.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
i just remembered this game and it has not been updated since i first saw it awhile back :confused:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I stopped paying attention to this thread back when it looked like it would only get an update when hell froze over or parental love was finished or died which ever came first.

Last edited:
Reactions: M4t7theNinja

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
or parental love was finished
Looks like that's the plan now. There was some bullshit about a vote that never came to pass.

What seems to be the thought here is the dev released this wayyyy too soon. A lot of people that were interested have moved on. A lot of hype for nothing really.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Looks like that's the plan now. There was some bullshit about a vote that never came to pass.

What seems to be the thought here is the dev released this wayyyy too soon. A lot of people that were interested have moved on. A lot of hype for nothing really.
It gained interest and then the Dev realized they couldn't mix two efforts at once. Things happen.

Despite that apparent disappointment on both sides, it revealed an opportunity for a follow-on game to Parental Love, has a small but fervent fanbase already and its proper launch will benefit from months of feedback and consideration as to what it might do/contain. I started supporting Luxee based on the possible strength of A69, pulled that back when the votes and such meant it would have to wait, but decided to re-enable my support because PL has been good and I'd like to see its end + the sooner it's done, A69 should hopefully start.

A lot of hype for something, I feel.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Regardless, we won't see another installment of Apartment 69 until Parental Love has been completed, per latest communications from Luxee. I think that makes sense, because unlike a MrDots production house that can crank out two games on a shuffling scheduling, I believe Luxee is the lone writer/dev/tester with unofficial support and translation help. I could be wrong.
That's his own fault though, he should think about taking people onboard before starting games, using a voting system and then going against a vote

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I talked to him-asking nea to have tits-he said no-but he seemed to still be planning to finish this game.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
That's his own fault though, he should think about taking people onboard before starting games, using a voting system and then going against a vote
The Dev had good intentions and then reality hit that it would be too much to handle. People make judgement errors all the time and in this case they self-corrected.

I have no problems or animosity about this, including my initial support that was based on the promise of A69 continuing sooner, rather than later.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
The Dev had good intentions and then reality hit that it would be too much to handle. People make judgement errors all the time and in this case they self-corrected.

I have no problems or animosity about this, including my initial support that was based on the promise of A69 continuing sooner, rather than later.
Good for you....

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes