Zytoxx

Jan 8, 2019
They stopped producing updates for roundscape since december 2021 with their only recent update of anything being sunshade release in march so that makes sense

Reactions: Hargan2
Aug 15, 2022
According to Graphtreon, their 5-year high was 1928 patrons in 2018, which makes sense as they were putting out mostly roundscape content at that time and teasing Arenus as their next big project. In the years since they've steadily declined, some months they lose patrons and some months they gain patrons, but they've generally lost more than they've gained. They went from an income of 17k per month with 1928 patrons in 2018 to about 11k and almost 1200 patrons in august 2022. They are back up to 1300 patrons currently but that's about normal for the rise and fall over time.

They did gain a bunch of patrons going into 2021, but after december of 2021 they started losing patrons even quicker than they had been. (Possibly due to missing all the 2021 release dates for Arenus? Pure speeculation on my part.)

Possibly. It's pretty spot on speculation. Arenus is probably one of their most exciting projects. The other ones not, so much. They don't feel as "professional" as Arenus did with the showcase and even with the demo release.

It's a scummy business practice to keep your community in the dark and only offer updates and progress reports when you are losing revenue.

Reactions: JL5 and Hargan2

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
as i see dev said we "done" with complete edition by summer( they said 2-3 months for polishing game) but anyway day D come and i dont see it... another milkrun for naive idiots well done) they delay to Q4 lol...
this is stalker 2 in world of H games

Aug 15, 2022
Not much you can do other than warning unsuspecting people that it's a cash-grab. Funnily enough it reminds me of Pure-Onyx. That game by Eromancer who in the span of 2 years has hardly releases any changes regarding the game.

If Kaliyo wants to take this road, they will just cement a horrible image for ArvusGames in the future if they decide to start another project.

It's really a shame, because a lot of these games have so much potential. The thing about these games is that hardly ever get finished and that's the saddest part of it all.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Until a actual game update drops, the Abandonned tag sticks. Have had many devs pop in for a small update and go cold for years about a project. I believe that 100%, they won't do that but I'm not F95 and I don't make the rules.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Kaliyo just left a public update to Arenus:

Well, they revealed a bunch of features, but as far as potential release date it's still just Soon™
Still, better than nothing at least.

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
Well, they revealed a bunch of features, but as far as potential release date it's still just Soon™
Still, better than nothing at least.
i seen trailer and what they say and they said release "complite" version of game in summer(about 2-3months for done this release) and summer gone so bielives can go fuck selfs. another liar on patreon who want money but cant even keep his word.

Sep 16, 2020
i seen trailer and what they say and they said release "complite" version of game in summer(about 2-3months for done this release) and summer gone so bielives can go fuck selfs. another liar on patreon who want money but cant even keep his word.
You do know the main guy had gotten hurt and went into surgery. you can go to their patreon and read all about whats going on it's a public info drop.

jamonserrano

Jan 14, 2020
You do know the main guy had gotten hurt and went into surgery. you can go to their patreon and read all about whats going on it's a public info drop.

Very convenient, right? Too bad if he's telling the truth, but they've already spent too much time delaying the game to believe almost everything they say.

Sep 16, 2020
Very convenient, right? Too bad if he's telling the truth, but they've already spent too much time delaying the game to believe almost everything they say.
Ok mister smart guy you try to make a game and keep to the dead line. I'd rather wait for a done game than a buggy game. Also all three of their game have been vastly different from one another that each one comes with new hurdles to over come, One is a survival RPGM game, another a pure RPGM, and this one a management RPGM all of them try something new. Plus it's a ten person crew trying to make these games and they all have personal live to deal with as well so maybe put yourself in their shoes before you judge them on a slow development time.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Ok mister smart guy you try to make a game and keep to the dead line.
That's not how this works. When you go to a restaurant and are forced to wait for several hours for your food you have every right to complain about the delay, regardless of whether or not you can do a better job cooking the food on time.

I'd rather wait for a done game than a buggy game. Also all three of their game have been vastly different from one another that each one comes with new hurdles to over come, One is a survival RPGM game, another a pure RPGM, and this one a management RPGM all of them try something new. Plus it's a ten person crew trying to make these games and they all have personal live to deal with as well so maybe put yourself in their shoes before you judge them on a slow development time.
The game is two YEARS late, with barely any communication from the team. I would be a lot more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they could be bothered to at least provide regular updates. But as things stand now:
I'll believe it when I see it.

jamonserrano

Jan 14, 2020
Ok mister smart guy you try to make a game and keep to the dead line. I'd rather wait for a done game than a buggy game. Also all three of their game have been vastly different from one another that each one comes with new hurdles to over come, One is a survival RPGM game, another a pure RPGM, and this one a management RPGM all of them try something new. Plus it's a ten person crew trying to make these games and they all have personal live to deal with as well so maybe put yourself in their shoes before you judge them on a slow development time.
I don't mind waiting, what matters to me is that they lie to me, and let me tell you that they have already lied too many times

Hauk

Jan 14, 2021
I don't mind waiting, what matters to me is that they lie to me, and let me tell you that they have already lied too many times
i really dont see how that justified the 'abandoned' tag. this tag is for games that are de facto not being worked on anymore. as shitty as it is that these idiots cant keep a deadline, they are still working on the game. the tag is definitionally incorrect. i get the frustraition, i understand people are mad and want to vent or punish them in whatever small way they can, but this shit is petty. misusing the purpose of site mechanics to punish a slow developer aint it chief.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
i really dont see how that justified the 'abandoned' tag. this tag is for games that are de facto not being worked on anymore. as shitty as it is that these idiots cant keep a deadline, they are still working on the game. the tag is definitionally incorrect. i get the frustraition, i understand people are mad and want to vent or punish them in whatever small way they can, but this shit is petty. misusing the purpose of site mechanics to punish a slow developer aint it chief.
iirc the abandoned tag goes on any game that isn't "finished" or "on-hold" and has gone 18 months without an update. Which means it very much applies to Arenus.

3.20 star(s) 37 Votes