Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
ı dont understand drama and shit about this game man can you explain and by the way is this complete ı be really greatfull
The game was announced in 2017 with an expected release date in 2019. It has been pushed back dozens of times since then, and has been pushed out to ~15 January most recently.

Kaliyo claims the game is just going through final QA testing, but we can't be certain of anything right now.

Jun 7, 2022
I just think it's hilarious after all this waiting they finally responded with still images of menu's. Rather than small clips showcasing gameplay or mechanics. Can you imagine waiting months with radio silence only to receive a fucking pictures of a menu?
there was a trailer a few month back if ur interested

ICTOAUN

May 19, 2018
Wait, it's still going? Thought it was abandoned
It was relegated to "abandoned" by the site due to a long-ass period of inactivity from the devs (well, they claimed they were working hard, but supplied zero evidence and went radio silent about the project for months at a time).

But the devs suddenly just gave a new release window of somewhere between January 5 and 15.

Going by prior promises from the devs, that translates to several months, but still means we could very likely finally see Arenus released this year!

(...Probably just in time for Christmas 2023)

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
It was relegated to "abandoned" by the site due to a long-ass period of inactivity from the devs (well, they claimed they were working hard, but supplied zero evidence and went radio silent about the project for months at a time).

But the devs suddenly just gave a new release window of somewhere between January 5 and 15.

Going by prior promises from the devs, that translates to several months, but still means we could very likely finally see Arenus released this year!

(...Probably just in time for Christmas 2023)
Woah, got an optimist over here!

iiw2012

Feb 16, 2019
Hey folks!

A quick status update on Arenus.
The game is pretty much gold, things that are missing are:
- Adding variable increases/decreases to dialogues I added before we added the breakthrough personality system (Roughly a day of work)
- Polishing two companion quest branches (4-5 hours per branch)
- Adding 4-5 repeatable scenes (30 minutes work per scene)
- Adding 2 NPC CG Scenes (3 hours work per scene)
So, with the given productivity, if Kaliyo worked, for example, 20 hours a week, then in the time from last "almost done" till the end of the year, he added to the game:
- 150 repeatable scenes
- 60 NPC CG scenes
And polished variables and quest branches a few times.

Can't wait to see it.

My hobby is to extrapolate ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Shovelface99
Aug 15, 2022
So, with the given productivity, if Kaliyo worked, for example, 20 hours a week, then in the time from last "almost done" till the end of the year, he added to the game:
- 150 repeatable scenes
- 60 NPC CG scenes

Can't wait to see it.

Yeah 20+ hours on finalizing those menu's that they just showcased. LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: JL5 and Gravekillez

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Do you guys remember how in 2018 Kaliyo said that the game would be done in 2019? :ROFLMAO:
I won't (yet) say that he is just prolonging the development artificially in order to milk the patreon, but after such a long time I REALLY hope that it will be VERY good and VERY long game.

Azero

Jul 24, 2017
- 150 repeatable scenes
- 60 NPC CG scenes

Can't wait to see it.

according to kaliyo :

Features

Since we're very close to release, I would like to share the final feature list of Arenus and also mention a few other things you can expect in the game:

• Arenus has a playtime of around 30 - 40 hours.
  • The game's replayability is massive because of the three gladiators, multiple endings and branching quests
  • Being a "completionist" will require 150~ hours of playtime.
  • The game will be around 6 GB - 8 GB in size
  • The game's resolution is set at 1920 x 1080
  • The game works on any device that supports Webgl 2.0.
    It also works on the Steamdeck.
  • A few weeks after the initial release, we will release versions for mac os and linux
  • The game first launches on Patreon, you folks made this project possible in first place.
but also according to kaliyo

26 MAI 2022 À 00:51
Arenus - Almost there...

Reactions: kark
3.20 star(s) 36 Votes