FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Artemis [v0.3.2] [digi.B] [OS@7.25GB, MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 7.25GB
MyRepack-YAC size: 1.69GB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC =

Update Only from v0.3.1 to v0.3.2 =

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

Last edited:

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
artemisrepair.png

Good morning!

Firstly, I apologize again for the bugs CH3 introduced! There will be a final patch coming soon that will correct the scene after the campfire (instead of a smooth fadeout, it cuts and the ambiance sound still plays). Corrects audio and corrects visual errors like clippings found in renders. As well as the re-render of the animation for the main menu and add Zoe to the shower daydream now that I've corrected her smile.
I'm excited to say that chapter 4 development has officially begun! I'm really excited about this update as I have been brainstorming events for this chapter for some time now. This chapter will see some sub-arcs conclude and the main arc enter the next stage.

This week, I'll be focusing on gathering my notes and working on the outline for CH4. I'll also start decorating the INK residence for the party. I really want to get this out of the way, since there is a lot planned for this event. I also plan to finish integrating the LiDAR app for the new phone as it will finally return for the Halloween party.
As mentioned the other week, starting with Chapter 4 T-800 and TI86 tiers will have delayed releases. 1 week delay for T-800 and 2 week delay for TI86. I'll be updating the T-800 & TI86 tiers outlining the new information today.
Also, I'll be sharing public posts of any test renders I do. Not to be confused with story-renders. They will be behind the scenes type renders. Either set renders or character outfits/designs I'm testing, etc. Here's an example from all the way back to CH1 when I was conceptualizing how I wanted the DataLeak menu to look initially.

One last thing before ending this dev log. March 23 will mark one full year since CH1 was initially released. There was a discussion on Discord about bringing a certain DJ's prop alive. If all goes well, I plan on officially announcing this freebie for anyone to win on the week of the anniversary. So, stay tuned for that and I hope I can achieve this for you guys. I will need to figure out logistics and whatnot. But will certainly do my best to try as a thank you for all your support. The shirts are still planned and now that I'm back from break, I'll be adding that to my to-dos.
Have a great week!

digi.B

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Zennod

Oct 21, 2019
Unfortunately there's no Linux binary included in neither 0.3.0 nor 0.3.1 for Win/Linux, so it might be better to remove mentions of Linux from the OP.

Unless someone has a way of generating those binaries? I tried copying binaries from some other Ren'Py games, but to no avail.

EDIT: nvm, I figured out an easy way to get it working:

Download compressed 0.1.0 version that still has Linux executables - https://f95zone.to/threads/artemis-v0-3-1-digi-b.77680/post-5389527

move following files/directories from 0.1.0 to your version:
_ARTEMIS.sh
lib/linux-i686
lib/linux-x86_64

I still haven't played far, so no clue whether it's going to be stable, but looks promising so far. Hope it's helpful for someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamchaser

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
I won't comment on story, but this game flexes its "animations" left and right. I was really suprised June ate her plate and her plate gradually decreased. Only thing that bothered me switching to next scenes. Always suprise me that if I pressed space more than once, because story jumps so far ahead.

People talk about Ink club, I really don't care about them. Fraternity or female version of it never clicked with me. I don't choose hook-ups or people who do that. Kudos to June though, she is better at dealing with trauma than MC. I guess fucking around helps. Though I don't consider her as "friend". I'm just waiting for Claire scenes.

Also after couple of characters, women having same body type kinda ruin "immersion" also Tony Stark level tech Kindra possess.

I think devs could do better at creating drama game than ero game. Remove artemis and soronity, build up abusive relationships,friendships etc. Because imho, those are strong collums of game.

Last edited:

Noxyfoxy

Sep 23, 2020
I have to say this game is easily in my top 5 vn at this point but one thing I know for sure I struggle to pick a favorite character like I absolutely love the designs of reina June and Katy but all characters are great looking and all have different things to like about them one of my favorite things about the game though is it can switch between somewhat funny to serious or vice versa and I love the references

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Also after couple of characters, women having same body type kinda ruin "immersion" also Tony Stark level tech Kindra possess.
Tastes vary. I happen to find the body types in this VN quite attractive. Not to put words in your mouth, it might be stated something like "For those of us who get bored with a relatively singular body type, the lack of others breaks immersion". What you're really saying is you prefer VN with a variety of body types. Your immersion is your business. There are many body types I find attractive. As long as I get to choose who I spend time with and there is at least one that I find attractive, I'm good.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Updated for v0.3.0
I've made a multi-mod for this game

Features:
  • Walkthrough - added green color for best dialogue options
  • Added unlock all options for the archives (scenes and images)
  • During free roam objects that can be interacted with are highlighted
  • Scene changes (Can get both Katy and Zoe scenes, can call both Katy and Zelda)

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
will you be updating for v3.1? or is it unnecessary?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I won't comment on story, but this game flexes its "animations" left and right. I was really suprised June ate her plate and her plate gradually decreased. Only thing that bothered me switching to next scenes. Always suprise me that if I pressed space more than once, because story jumps so far ahead.

People talk about Ink club, I really don't care about them. Fraternity or female version of it never clicked with me. I don't choose hook-ups or people who do that. Kudos to June though, she is better at dealing with trauma than MC. I guess fucking around helps. Though I don't consider her as "friend". I'm just waiting for Claire scenes.

I think devs could do better at creating drama game than ero game. Remove artemis and soronity, build up abusive relationships,friendships etc. Because imho, those are strong collums of game.
The INKs work for me because of how they are utilized. I don't mind each of them having sexual history since almost all of them seem to be about 20-22 years old with Reina being a bit older than that. Also, Paige, Naomi, and Zelda have shown a lot more intrigue than just being hook ups. Even Katy who has been used mainly early on for quick sex scenes, already has some intrigue about her. Reina's entire character is basically tied to them and by design she has had to mature from her INK days. Didn't include June in that list since June, while an INK, has a clear identity outside of them due to her existing relationship with the MC. I feel this is an interesting take on them since while they are a sorority and most games like this would only use them for sex, there is a lot more going on for them. Artemis, Kindra's tech, etc. I feel gives the game a lot of identity through worldbuilding. I think if those were removed it would be taking a lot away from it and it also gives several characters interesting traits such as the MC who is a skilled coder. The game has already shown it is able to use aspects like Artemis and the INKs to help build up friendships, relationships and talk about serious subject matter. Especially when a main plot point currently is MC rekindling his friendship with Kindra through working on Artemis. People deal with trauma differently, and I feel it is more due to the fact June already had a strong will and a clear vision about who she wanted to be in order to move on. In fact, I think the fact June hasn't given the MC a hard time about his trauma after we learn about hers is very telling about their relationship and just overall interesting and nice to see. I think the game can be story centric with both drama and erotic elements and not be a detriment to itself.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Does the dev read the posts here?
If they do my question is; if this have a harem thing at its end will I get the choice of saying something like "hey if I can date other people so do you"?

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
I often don't reply with this way but you made me intrigued with your post.
The INKs work for me because of how they are utilized. I don't mind each of them having sexual history since almost all of...
I mean good for you. Like I said, it's not for me. Also not talking about sexual history. Whole "blowjob" constest is giving me bad vibes about group. We don't know how deep rabbit hole goes. We don't know how weird things going on there. We weren't there. We weren't told.
I think if those were removed it would be taking a lot away from it and it also gives several characters interesting traits such as the MC who is a skilled coder.
I don't think so, MC can still be coder but more realistic approach. Moment game started throwing me Stark level technology I stopped believing story. Like no goverments involved, no secret ageny. Hell Kindra released footage to live show, you are telling me noone hunting these people? And what these people talking about? Dance,sex, robots, relationships etc. Imho that's naive.
Didn't include June in that list since June, while an INK, has a clear identity outside of them due to her existing relationship with the MC.
Yes her existing relationship with MC kinda bonkers. You don't throw your friend to nonsense blowjob constest, knowing if there is possiblity to get them hurt, emotional or physically. Also she knew Raina being someone who works for company so... she intentionally threw MC. Of all the people out there, I thought June would be the last one who could do that. I don't know what kind of friend June is but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't... no I won't sent my friend who were abused and not fully recovered into cunningulus/blowjob contests for my benefits.
The game has already shown it is able to use aspects like Artemis and the INKs to help build up friendships, relationships and talk about serious subject matter.
Yea what a "blowing" start.
Especially when a main plot point currently is MC rekindling his friendship with Kindra through working on Artemis.
They were doing good before all super uber bunker underground that nobody knows about. Kindra was helping a friend who were at his limit. A dude who were with her when they were younger. You don't need a MacGuffin for that. Now I feel like Kindra interest in MC because of his coding skill, not geniune friendship. Artemis plot poisoned story-well for me.
June already had a strong will and a clear vision about who she wanted to be in order to move on
I don't think she is ready to move on,at least not right now, she can't move on. She has to face with abuser, she wants to. Up until there or something changes, she will still be somewhat broken.
I think the game can be story centric with both drama and erotic elements and not be a detriment to itself.
Larger you are harder you fall, quality of quantity, easier to juggle 2 oranges than 3, etc. Problem is not that there is 2 elements. There are 3. Drama, Erotic and SCI-FI. Last part is the problem of story imho. Also someone on previous pages explained how blowjob contests was detrimental to story. That was a good read.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I often don't reply with this way but you made me intrigued with your post.

I mean good for you. Like I said, it's not for me. Also not talking about sexual history. Whole "blowjob" constest is giving me bad vibes about group. We don't know how deep rabbit hole goes. We don't know how weird things going on there. We weren't there. We weren't told.

I don't think so, MC can still be coder but more realistic approach. Moment game started throwing me Stark level technology I stopped believing story. Like no goverments involved, no secret ageny. Hell Kindra released footage to live show, you are telling me noone hunting these people? And what these people talking about? Dance,sex, robots, relationships etc. Imho that's naive.

Yes her existing relationship with MC kinda bonkers. You don't throw your friend to nonsense blowjob constest, knowing if there is possiblity to get them hurt, emotional or physically. Also she knew Raina being someone who works for company so... she intentionally threw MC. Of all the people out there, I thought June would be the last one who could do that. I don't know what kind of friend June is but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't... no I won't sent my friend who were abused and not fully recovered into cunningulus/blowjob contests for my benefits.

Yea what a "blowing" start.

They were doing good before all super uber bunker underground that nobody knows about. Kindra was helping a friend who were at his limit. A dude who were with her when they were younger. You don't need a MacGuffin for that. Now I feel like Kindra interest in MC because of his coding skill, not geniune friendship. Artemis plot poisoned story-well for me.

I don't think she is ready to move on,at least not right now, she can't move on. She has to face with abuser, she wants to. Up until there or something changes, she will still be somewhat broken.

Larger you are harder you fall, quality of quantity, easier to juggle 2 oranges than 3, etc. Problem is not that there is 2 elements. There are 3. Drama, Erotic and SCI-FI. Last part is the problem of story imho. Also someone on previous pages explained how blowjob contests was detrimental to story. That was a good read.
Sorry to but in on your conversation but I have questions and opinions; I'll try and do this in order:
1. This is more for you to ponder about yourself, there is no need to actually answear, but why do you feel that way?

2. I think you are missing some of the world building, Kindra's parents actually develop tech for the gov so they probably have some stuff that is even better or more advanced than the MC and Kindra can do, and they are being "hunted" we see at least one company trying to find them and probably others are as well, the gov probably has a whole team of people as smart as them working on stuff like they do (again as presented by them having Kindra's parents as contractors before) and are probably watching her since they should have as much info as the private detectives at the very least,the setting so far is more of a sci-fy thing so I wonder why this makes it harder for you to suspernd your disbelief? Also what they are talking about is something that I have seen programmers and engeniers talk about, we go very far into fantasy realm while developing and some times(most of the times) have to dial it back, but in a sci-fy setting I don't see why it would be impossible.

3. Kinda, it looks to me like a missguided way to try and help a friend, the MC is trying to get out there, to look for friendships and to just try and work through a sexual relationship withouth the whole "we dating now" feel to it, her friends at the sorority also needed help so it was two birds one stone, and Reina wasn't supposed to be there, there was a whole plot point about it actually, but she ended up there because what is a story like this(not just a feel good story) withouth a little drama, all jokes aside I seen friends do dumber things so meh, in the end it might have been a missguided try at helping that actually worked, she might have tried to do for him what worked for her, so I can see why she would, but I also see your point so real questions about this part.

4. Nothing to say here

5. This I can see, but those sound like trust issues to me more than the sci-fy part, but go trough the story again and that feeling might not be there because at no moment her help or friendship was connected to the whole sci-fy part, it was used as plot to grow their already existing relationship not to create it, but yeah same as 1. why do you feel that way?

6. Why? I mean moving on doesn't mean not being broken, it means being able to go on even though there are pieces missing or some cracks after you put something new toguether, is being able to acept what happened and living with it without letting it rule your life or prevent you from living. Basically you don't get fixed, you build something new, and that is what she did.

7. My only thing here is, sci-fy is a setting not a plot type, sci-fy can be dramatic, action, adventure or any genre, but the setting is just the background where everything happens, I really don't know why it is called as a genre whe all it does is set up the tech level of the story, and even then it isn't that homogenous so it can go from spaceships to better prostetics, so maybe that helps if you think of it that way.

Reactions: Dragon59

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
That is fair, but is also worth noting that entire plot point behind that is that while they did things like that in the past, that event was considered one of the more extreme ones evident with the whole subplot of them not wanting Reina to find out and Reina's reaction to the whole thing. They only resorted to it in order to ensure the one girl would not pass the test.
We know the government is involved in some capacity as Kindra's parents were government contractors. We don't know the extent of the hunting, but we already know Cassandra and the company she works for are looking for Kindra because they were not aware if Kindra was in possession of the tech from her parents or if she had those resources which was basically revealed when she showed off Koko on the talk show. It is very possible more people are after Kindra, but we already have a plotline where Cassandra is hunting them down to try and use their technology for their Hunter AI software. As the other person stated, we have reason to believe there are other people with similar levels of technology. Since Kindra's parents were with the government it is very likely they have some of this tech for private use. This is evident when Kindra talks about the holograms and when she upgraded MC's phone stating the government and by extension her parents had this tech for years, but never released it to the public, and that parallels the real world with government use of advanced technology. I can understand if you wanted the game to be more grounded in present day, but I don't see how that is an overall negative to the game itself. The way technology is handled in the game is not outlandish enough to solve every problem and to not have any flaws. At best this is a near future setting and utilizing these sci-fi elements gives the game identity which separates it from many other games.
Replay the early part of the game. June is very hesitant to allow the MC to participate, but the MC seems to be the only male friend she has or at least the only one she trusts. The entire plot point surrounding Reina is that Paige was supposed to make sure Reina did not show up, but Paige got drunk due to stress and forgot. Which is why June gets pissed at Paige before they talk it out. June was looking out for the MC and even asked the MC if he was ok to do the event and was trying to make sure his job interview with Reina was not ruined.
Sure, but inherently I don't think there is anything wrong with having a central aspect like development for Artemis as a core goal for MC and Kindra as a part of their storyline. Is your issue the fact it is advanced technology to the point of sci-fi? Because I don't think it brings the story down in anyway and I think it is too early to say if Artemis is a MacGuffin and I don't even think it would be bad if it was if the story can manage that. What evidence is there that Kindra only wants MC for his coding skill and not genuine friendship? She gave him a place to stay, fixed up his phone, felt bad about his car and is going to fix it, registered the gun and the prototype car for the MC to use, has shown care about the MC's trauma from Cassandra, if you win the race she goes out of her way to cook a meal similar to what the MC's mom use to make, and actually has shown interest hanging out with the MC at the loft or during the camping trip. I just don't see how any of this indicates she only wants the MC for his coding skill and shows that she is truly a genuine friend. Maybe it is an elaborate ruse, but there is no real evidence for that. On top of that, it is pretty clear Kindra had a crush on the MC when she was younger and maybe still has those feelings, plus due to her parent's history and her own lifestyle she doesn't seem to have close friends besides her ex which she has mentioned a few times. I don't think it is outlandish for Kindra to seek help from the MC who she knew when she was younger when both of them need someone right now. The MC needs something like Artemis to start moving beyond his trauma and Kindra needs a friend to support her in trying to respect the legacy of her parents as she starts to revive their company while she is also still trying to get over her ex.
June's entire speech to Kindra is that she does not need to see her abuser again. If she does she will, but she does not need it. Moving on is not about always having to face the past. Sure she may be broken, but that is why she has tried to rebuild herself and surround herself with better people and likely why she values her relationship with the MC so much. I wouldn't be surprised if June's abuser does show up later, but I do not think he has to return just so June can move on.
I just don't agree that you can't easily do all three of these when the core elements of them blend together with the core concept and premise of the narrative. The sci-fi element is primarily an aspect of the worldbuilding but also blended into the drama within several plotlines already. It comes off like you don't like sci-fi or don't think sci-fi can be used also in tandem with other things especially when the sci-fi aspect while a major part of aspects of the story, is not at all overbearing to it overall. So a story with drama, erotic, and medieval elements couldn't work either? I just think this mindset limits what stories can be told.

4.80 star(s) 377 Votes