Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Who is the person responsible for updating the main post? Is it a mod or the developer?

Mar 26, 2022
Even now this game is just fantastic and I honestly can't wait to see how the rest of the story will go. I adore Kindra so much :love:

akkurt

Nov 1, 2020
1 (1).jpg

Happy Monday, y'all!

This week was more work on scenes and converting assets to be used in DAZ. One of those which were shown off in Ava's render last week. I do acknowledge the appreciation a number of you have for her character. Without saying too much, there's still more content to be seen with her. I also liked the comment about a spinoff for Ava. Artemis is still a ways from completion, but perhaps once Artemis is completed and while working on the worldbuilding of my next project (whatever that may be). Working on a short 1 or 2 chapter spinoff would be fun, during the gap between finishing Artemis and starting the next project.

With CH4 being a very significant chapter for a number of reasons, there are a number of things I'm addressing. Things such as going back to the previous chapters and updating some code, and removing a few unused assets. I originally was going to implement texting that would yield bonus renders/scenes. But I ultimately left it out since I felt there was enough going on already. Anyway, I'm tidying things up the best I can while working on CH4 since chapters 1-4 will make up Book 1 of Artemis. And Book 1 will be made available for Steam. I'm also planning a trailer which is required for Steam. It's still in the planning stage, but I look forward to working on it. I haven't done film editing in a long while, so Artemis' trailer will probably have a few takes before I'm happy with it. The trailer will feature some renders of CH4, but don't worry. There won't be anything considered a spoiler, even for chapters 1-3. Really annoys me when I'm watching a trailer for a movie and they shove every highlight of the film across 3 trailers. So, I'll be sure to not make the same mistake.

Overall a great week. I'm at 554 story renders with another animation completed. My focus will continue to be on story renders this week. I also have a bit of code I need to work on as well that I've been putting off.
I also will be cleaning up the Patreon page a bit and making it easier to navigate (hopefully). I apologize if anything comes off as confusing with how I set up the page and tiers or the wording.
And lastly, I attached a 4k render of this week's Dev Log image without the text.

Have yourselves a great week!
- digi.B

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
ShaddyModda scrappy ? Seeing as the last update of the game to 0.3.2 is almost one month old, are we to conclude the walkthrough mod is dead?

EDIT: Corrected major brainfart... no idea how I could mess this up
Going by the changelog, it seems there was mostly cosmetic changes, other than one scene being altered. Can anyone confirm if the 3.1 WT MOD works with 3.2?

Reactions: johndoe19

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Good update, though I wish we had a little more progress leading up to the Halloween party. I'm guessing that's going to be a big chunk of the next update on top of whatever it is what Cass...err Vulvamorte wants with our duo. I liked how we finally are getting some progress with Kindra, even if its just kissing for now, hopefully it won't be too much of a slow burn to actually get to a friends with benefits stage with her....or even a casual relationship, while we wait for June to be open to try dating again.

June and Kindra, are my #1 and #1A, but Reina and Zelda got to be #2 and #3...followed by Katy and Naomi. Considering how hesitant the MC is to getting back into a relationship, I guess we can just manwhore a bit for now, but I am curious if we're going to get any polyamorous relationship options or if we eventually have to just settle for just one LI to choose.

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

-Yor-0728

Aug 31, 2021
I know it's unlikely but... is there going to be +18 content... with the main character's mom? :V pls don't ban me

Samothrace73

Sep 16, 2021
was there any update from 3.1 to 3.2? I have nothing to progress from. just ends with the phone call from the dreaded ex as usual. Thanks.

akkurt

Nov 1, 2020

1 (2).jpg

A glorious Monday to you all!

I'm going to start things off by discussing music before moving on. A fellow dev reached out to me and informed me they had gotten their game temporarily removed from Steam due to a DMCA strike from a song licensed from Artlist. The good news for Artemis is I had moved on from Artlist with the release of Chapters 2-3. The bad news is that 99% of tracks featured in Chapter 1 are from Artlist. This means at some point before releasing Chapter 4, I will have to curate an entire soundtrack for Chapter 1. I was not hit with any DMCA strikes yet, but I would rather remove the tracks altogether just to avoid any future headaches. It's a tough pill to swallow for many reasons. CH1 has some good bangers. It features one of my favorite Main Menu songs, I had built some scenes around some songs. And of course, Kindra's twerking song was from Artlist :(

I do have licenses for the tracks featured. But if this is how Artlist will be operating, I would rather not take away from any development time to deal with it.

RIP twerk scene

Anyways, I'm not looking forward to the track swaps since it takes me almost a week+ to choose the right tracks for an entire chapter. But it has to be done.

With that said, I have also added more songs for me to review for Chapter 4 from my preferred source :)

I also worked on converting more 3D assets to DAZ format for a couple of new locations that will be featured. (Disregard the pastel colors. I'm still in the process of texturing this set.)

This second set is something I'm also still working on. I modeled the "Artemis" logo and integrated it onto this location. I played around with this set, trying to develop my lighting skills more. As well as playing around with cloth simulation. So, I used Kindra as a model to help me choose the lights for this set. I attached the closeup 4K version to this post (render is NSFW).

As I was working on these sets, I took a look into the Blender software and I think I will be looking more into Blender on days where I take breaks, which are generally Mondays. I'm highly considering this for Chapter 5 mainly because I'm thinking ahead for the later chapters. I feel like the limited tools DAZ has will make me hit a roadblock eventually. Mainly in the animation department. And I have very complex animations planned (referring to non-lewd) later in the story. The same goes for lewd as well though. The blow job scene from June in CH2 for example was 600+ frames alone. Which involved adjusting her for several different actions from her before the loop started. I was very satisfied with the animation, but creating it with DAZ's tools certainly was a big task. But it certainly won't stop me from still producing that level of animation for the time being. So, I will continue to look into and add to my toolset so that Artemis can come as close to my vision as possible.

But all that said, I take care to make sure I'm not taking too much time away from development to look into new tools. And speaking of, I am now at 732 story renders now. I have a couple of props I need to convert to DAZ this week, but aside from that, I'll continue to focus on story renders.

Look forward to previews this week!
Be safe! Be well!
- digi.B

Last edited:

Topper69

May 16, 2020

A glorious Monday to you all!

I'm going to start things off by discussing music before moving on. A fellow dev reached out to me and informed me they had gotten their game temporarily removed from Steam due to a DMCA strike from a song licensed from Artlist. The good news for Artemis is I had moved on from Artlist with the release of Chapters 2-3. The bad news is that 99% of tracks featured in Chapter 1 are from Artlist. This means at some point before releasing Chapter 4, I will have to curate an entire soundtrack for Chapter 1. I was not hit with any DMCA strikes yet, but I would rather remove the tracks altogether just to avoid any future headaches. It's a tough pill to swallow for many reasons. CH1 has some good bangers. It features one of my favorite Main Menu songs, I had built some scenes around some songs. And of course, Kindra's twerking song was from Artlist :(

I do have licenses for the tracks featured. But if this is how Artlist will be operating, I would rather not take away from any development time to deal with it.

RIP twerk scene

Anyways, I'm not looking forward to the track swaps since it takes me almost a week+ to choose the right tracks for an entire chapter. But it has to be done.

With that said, I have also added more songs for me to review for Chapter 4 from my preferred source :)

I also worked on converting more 3D assets to DAZ format for a couple of new locations that will be featured. (Disregard the pastel colors. I'm still in the process of texturing this set.)

This second set is something I'm also still working on. I modeled the "Artemis" logo and integrated it onto this location. I played around with this set, trying to develop my lighting skills more. As well as playing around with cloth simulation. So, I used Kindra as a model to help me choose the lights for this set. I attached the closeup 4K version to this post (render is NSFW).

As I was working on these sets, I took a look into the Blender software and I think I will be looking more into Blender on days where I take breaks, which are generally Mondays. I'm highly considering this for Chapter 5 mainly because I'm thinking ahead for the later chapters. I feel like the limited tools DAZ has will make me hit a roadblock eventually. Mainly in the animation department. And I have very complex animations planned (referring to non-lewd) later in the story. The same goes for lewd as well though. The blow job scene from June in CH2 for example was 600+ frames alone. Which involved adjusting her for several different actions from her before the loop started. I was very satisfied with the animation, but creating it with DAZ's tools certainly was a big task. But it certainly won't stop me from still producing that level of animation for the time being. So, I will continue to look into and add to my toolset so that Artemis can come as close to my vision as possible.

But all that said, I take care to make sure I'm not taking too much time away from development to look into new tools. And speaking of, I am now at 732 story renders now. I have a couple of props I need to convert to DAZ this week, but aside from that, I'll continue to focus on story renders.

Look forward to previews this week!
Be safe! Be well!
- digi.B
This are kinda good news, now I really think of becoming a Patreon, this developer and the game surely deserves it.

4.80 star(s) 377 Votes