Mar 26, 2022
Thanks guys. I think of all the suggestions so far I haven't played Eternum, What a Legend and Rebirth. I'll take a look at those.
Eternum is good, but only if you like japanese type AVN or you've enjoyed Once in a Lifetime. Rebirth is nice, but sometimes story is lacking a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: sigvar

ryanryan

May 17, 2020
There would be quite a few to suggest:
  • most likely the most famous here - Being a DIK
  • Eternum
  • Once in a lifetime (already completed btw.)
  • Acting Lessons (also completed)
  • Leap of faith (you might find a nice link between Lexi and DCKInk as well in this)
  • City of Broken Dreamers
  • Rebirth
  • and much much more to discover
Have fun discovering all the pearls here.
That's a great list, would love to find more games along those lines as I've played most of the ones in that list already!

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Eternum is good, but only if you like japanese type AVN or you've enjoyed Once in a Lifetime. Rebirth is nice, but sometimes story is lacking a bit.
To be honest, I am becoming a bit more impressed at Honey Select 2 works I have seen. And the writing in Eternum really makes you forget the asian bent to the characters. I think it stands up pretty well and it seems like it is easier to work in it than DAZ, or at least it seems like more content gets created quicker in HS2.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
1651477981705.png

_Artemis Development Log

Happy Monday!

I wanted to give a quick update on the music situation. Monday was pretty frustrating as I was going through countless Terms and Conditions from various websites that offer music licensing. Seems like nearly all of the ones I was interested in had this bit in their T&Cs

Text may be too small but they go on to state "Please note that you may not use the Content in connection with any material or otherwise in a manner or context that is..." and they list a few things but adult content was stated amongst them.

So I emailed my current provider regarding content and received permission as long as no "adult content" is present in the project, I can continue using their music. And a couple of weeks ago, I had stated in an update that I planned on making a "Rated-R" version of Artemis that still includes nudity but no content considered "adult content". As well as an "Unrated" version that continues to have lewd scenes but no music. And this will be my workaround for now. And this is short-term. I'm already working on official DJ Kink music, so this means I'll be working with a composer who will create music for Artemis. And I won't have to deal with the legal BS as all the tracks will be owned by me. I also want to point out their work doesn't sound like the cheap stuff you hear that you hear on youtube. The synthetic orchestra sounds really impressive from the samples I heard.

In regard to Steam, this DOESN'T mean you'll have to buy two copies. My solution is the lewd-less game will be available to purchase. And there will be a FREE DLC available that restores the 18+ content while removing the music. Again, this is only temporary. Once I secure the composer and get my own music. Both versions will have the same soundtrack.

I know it is a lot of info, so if you have questions I'll be happy to clarify in the comments!

While on the subject of audio. I made a purchase this week and got an audio recorder with a shotgun mic. In chapter 3, I probably spent maybe 3 hours trying to find a tree branch "stressing" and "splintering" sound effect. I sat there thinking I could literally record this myself... The same goes for a number of sounds I tried to find that I ended up just "settling" with because I couldn't find anything better. Some of the clips have noise that, while can be cleaned, sounds very stale. But I'm pretty excited to capture better sound effects for Artemis and future projects. So next time you hear an ass slap sound in-game, it is a good assumption that I recorded that slapping my own-
I also intend to make these clips available free for my dev buddies, once I've got a good library established. They'll be available on my public Discord and I'll also make them available here on Patreon as I know there are many aspiring/established devs on here who might want to use them. This all probably seems overkill, but the production quality is something I'm striving to improve.

Speaking of beauty. This week I made some model repairs on Artemis. When I fixed her neck, shin and shoulder for Chapter 3, I didn't notice the polygon deformities where her synthetic skin and mechanical arm connect. Not until recently when I was using her for a scene. So I popped her back into my editor to smooth out those jagged parts.

After the repairs, I thought I'd fix her jaw while I had her model up. I only did it because I was already making adjustments to her arm, so I wanted to create the jaw morph now for ease of access in later chapters. It will be a while before we actually see her jaw swapped for synthetic skin.

For those curious about how she looks without the black jaw (4K version available as an attachment.)

artemis_bluedress.png

Progress overall has been nice and steady. I'm at 931 story renders. I'm hoping I can work on a few lewd animations this week, depends on the next couple of scenes I have planned this week. But if I get to it, I'll be able to have a second go at trying to animate a position I felt I did poorly back in CH1.

Look forward to previews this week!

Cheers!

- digi.B

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
View attachment 1788520

_Artemis Development Log

Happy Monday!

I wanted to give a quick update on the music situation. Monday was pretty frustrating as I was going through countless Terms and Conditions from various websites that offer music licensing. Seems like nearly all of the ones I was interested in had this bit in their T&Cs

Text may be too small but they go on to state "Please note that you may not use the Content in connection with any material or otherwise in a manner or context that is..." and they list a few things but adult content was stated amongst them.

So I emailed my current provider regarding content and received permission as long as no "adult content" is present in the project, I can continue using their music. And a couple of weeks ago, I had stated in an update that I planned on making a "Rated-R" version of Artemis that still includes nudity but no content considered "adult content". As well as an "Unrated" version that continues to have lewd scenes but no music. And this will be my workaround for now. And this is short-term. I'm already working on official DJ Kink music, so this means I'll be working with a composer who will create music for Artemis. And I won't have to deal with the legal BS as all the tracks will be owned by me. I also want to point out their work doesn't sound like the cheap stuff you hear that you hear on youtube. The synthetic orchestra sounds really impressive from the samples I heard.

In regard to Steam, this DOESN'T mean you'll have to buy two copies. My solution is the lewd-less game will be available to purchase. And there will be a FREE DLC available that restores the 18+ content while removing the music. Again, this is only temporary. Once I secure the composer and get my own music. Both versions will have the same soundtrack.

I know it is a lot of info, so if you have questions I'll be happy to clarify in the comments!

While on the subject of audio. I made a purchase this week and got an audio recorder with a shotgun mic. In chapter 3, I probably spent maybe 3 hours trying to find a tree branch "stressing" and "splintering" sound effect. I sat there thinking I could literally record this myself... The same goes for a number of sounds I tried to find that I ended up just "settling" with because I couldn't find anything better. Some of the clips have noise that, while can be cleaned, sounds very stale. But I'm pretty excited to capture better sound effects for Artemis and future projects. So next time you hear an ass slap sound in-game, it is a good assumption that I recorded that slapping my own-
I also intend to make these clips available free for my dev buddies, once I've got a good library established. They'll be available on my public Discord and I'll also make them available here on Patreon as I know there are many aspiring/established devs on here who might want to use them. This all probably seems overkill, but the production quality is something I'm striving to improve.

Speaking of beauty. This week I made some model repairs on Artemis. When I fixed her neck, shin and shoulder for Chapter 3, I didn't notice the polygon deformities where her synthetic skin and mechanical arm connect. Not until recently when I was using her for a scene. So I popped her back into my editor to smooth out those jagged parts.

After the repairs, I thought I'd fix her jaw while I had her model up. I only did it because I was already making adjustments to her arm, so I wanted to create the jaw morph now for ease of access in later chapters. It will be a while before we actually see her jaw swapped for synthetic skin.

For those curious about how she looks without the black jaw (4K version available as an attachment.)

View attachment 1788468

Progress overall has been nice and steady. I'm at 931 story renders. I'm hoping I can work on a few lewd animations this week, depends on the next couple of scenes I have planned this week. But if I get to it, I'll be able to have a second go at trying to animate a position I felt I did poorly back in CH1.

Cheers!

- digi.B
Artemis kinda reminds me of Ana de Armas.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
IDK, maybe is only he and I, but I can't unsee her. Is not a bad thing, she is beautiful, but when Gerardo say her name was "Woah, that's why I feel like I knew her".

Is not a clone, but her eyes, jaw shape and mouth are similar.

Lame edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thediabetic

Aug 20, 2020
View attachment 1788520

_Artemis Development Log

Happy Monday!

View attachment 1788468

Cheers!

- digi.B
You should simply create a standalone that has the lewd scenes. For example, like in a movie where you know the characters are about to go at it but you don't see it happen. The game can be constructed this way. However, there is an indicator to the player where they can check ex* 7 for this scene. This would separate the lewd from the game and probably make the process simpler to compile beside recoding the game with/without the scenes in it.

Reactions: User1230

Cliffor

Aug 4, 2021
You should simply create a standalone that has the lewd scenes. For example, like in a movie where you know the characters are about to go at it but you don't see it happen. The game can be constructed this way. However, there is an indicator to the player where they can check ex* 7 for this scene. This would separate the lewd from the game and probably make the process simpler to compile beside recoding the game with/without the scenes in it.
That would feel veery awkward and lack luster way to do it, normally when I am playing the story I like being immersed in it, would be pretty janky coming towards a h scene and it fades to black and than having to open another window to view that scene Artemis is such an amazing story it deserves better than that. The current approach of the dev regarding it is the best approach in my opinion and like he said it's only gonna be a temporary until he works out his music problems.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Good mornin' all!

Just a quick update on the music front. Even though I've got a solution for my situation, I still made attempts to look into alternative solutions. I thought I was onto something but turns out the sales rep was a bit quick on the draw. They mentioned along the lines of as long as it wasn't depicting real people it would be fine. And my reaction was "Oh, really?". Then after setting up a meeting, she had a chat with their legal dept and I got this reply :)

It's fine though. And I'm glad this person at least was willing to work with me knowing the nature of my work up until their legal dept clarified things. Regardless I'm happy to say that I've finally chosen a couple of producers to help produce two songs for me. It took me a while because I'm very very picky. But the first composer will be working on a new main menu song that will be the theme for Artemis. We will attempt to mix orchestra with subtle beats of sci-fi if that makes sense. The other composer will be creating DJ Kink's track that plays in CH2 when she's doing her live performance. Both tracks I'll have full rights to and will be featured in both versions of Artemis. Definitely wanted to get these tracks done first since it would be very lackluster to have a whole performance with no music haha. The same goes for the main menu. So it's a great start toward redoing all of Artemis' tracks and I just really want to extend my gratitude to everyone for making this possible.

Speaking of music. I began reworking how music will be coded. Because throughout the year, I'll be replacing the songs. In its current state, swapping tracks won't break saves. But the scenes will have no music when they get swapped. So with the rework, changing out a song will feel seamless and should not interrupt the music. All that said, I'm at 1,024 story renders done so far.

Lastly, I finally found an artist who is designing DJ Kink in her art style. Also with full rights to me to use however I may use it. I wish her communication was a little better, but if it comes out exactly how I instructed. Then all should be good. Expect that shirt to be seen in CH4. But this also means I'm finally making progress on the physical shirts haha. Sorry for the wait for those who have been waiting on them. Once the commission is complete, I'll share the art here to see it.

Thanks, everyone, and have a great week!
digi.B

(Oh, and 4K Mother's Day render included in this post as an attachment) (Too big to upload here)

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
why is there a harem tag in the planned tags? is it the type where the dev pussy foots it and make you choose in the end even after having a harem "planned" or will it actually have a harem or mini harem endings?

Reactions: mofonistik

Dr.Meep69

Jul 19, 2017
From the Developer Notes

Harem
You may run into group sex, with you being the only male in the action. But collecting girls for an all in one buffet isn't planned. Not saying you can't fool around with multiple girls as you progress story. Much like chapter one, you'll find yourself having fun with some of the girls.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes