Judgemint

Jul 10, 2022
The game was supposed to enter beta testing like a month ago but still hasn't in the last post he indicated beta testing would start that week and now he has no good idea of when it will, now this is what I have a problem this is poor and misguided communication looking at this it's clear September release is also out of question I like this vn as much as the next guy but this is clearly not a very professional way to do things and he has such a big portfolio on his patreon .I know life happens etc etc but it happens to office workers and businesses people too and they face the consequences when they failed to deliver on a decided time line this late, artistic value of the vn aside at the end of the day's its a business he's doing and if that's how he's gonna handle things I am not sure what the future holds for this vn, I would love to be proven wrong though I really do like this vn (that's why I even cared to comment on the way its going) but by his actions and results rather than excuses and reasons.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The game was supposed to enter beta testing like a month ago but still hasn't in the last post he indicated beta testing would start that week and now he has no good idea of when it will, now this is what I have a problem this is poor and misguided communication looking at this it's clear September release is also out of question I like this vn as much as the next guy but this is clearly not a very professional way to do things and he has such a big portfolio on his patreon .I know life happens etc etc but it happens to office workers and businesses people too and they face the consequences when they failed to deliver on a decided time line this late, artistic value of the vn aside at the end of the day's its a business he's doing and if that's how he's gonna handle things I am not sure what the future holds for this vn, I would love to be proven wrong though I really do like this vn (that's why I even cared to comment on the way its going) but by his actions and results rather than excuses and reasons.
If you had bothered to read rather than go on another repetitive rant you can see an example of why the game can be delayed outside of the devs control with the render that came out distorted, as I replied to your previous rant things like that can happen, and they can happen on much larger scale, I'll quote my previous reply to you given that you ignored it to focus on the analogy someone else posted that somehow you failed to understand:

It's quite easy for games to be delayed at the last minute. Everything is set up, then the dev goes through a test run and encounters a problem. The problem is buried somewhere deep in the code, so that area of the code needs to be rewritten, for that area of the game to make sense with the new code a new scene has to be written, posed and rendered, this adds a week or two to the schedule, but couldn't be known about until the final test run.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Are you really comparing a actual job with making a VN on your free time? You can't honestly be that deluded?

He has NO obligation to anyone to release in any given amount of time.

Damn over privileged kids........

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Are you really comparing a actual job with making a VN on your free time? You can't honestly be that deluded?

I'm fairly convinced that some other dev had Digi's work thrown in their face and that Dev or one of their knights created and ALT to degrade Digi's rather impressive work ethic and product. There isn't a logical explanation outside of that why that account popped up and went straight for Digi's throat.

Or maybe they are just a troll

Last edited:

Judgemint

Jul 10, 2022
I'm fairly convinced that some other dev had Digi's work thrown in their face and that Dev or one of their knights created and ALT to degrade Digi's rather impressive work ethic and product. There isn't a logical explanation outside of that why that account popped up and went straight for Digi's throat.

Or maybe they are just a troll
My my such a delightful conspiracy theory, digi b has become so famous and prestigious that now his name is something someone would want to tarnish all you guy's trying to gang up on one person opinion by coming up with ridiculous replies and such really shows a lot about you people rather than me to be frank I am also aware of how some devs send their discord lackeys on their thread to watch guard it not saying that is definitely the case here but the attitude of this thread definitely seems to suggest such possibilities.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
If you read his dev log properly and saw one of the renders you can see the issues he is having. Now considering all the other issues he had it will get delayed considering he was hoping for an end of August release but should know after this week when beta testing will begin isn't that much of a delay. Have some patience plenty of other vn's that have just had updates and another coming this weekend to keep you busy

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
My my such a delightful conspiracy theory, digi b has become so famous and prestigious that now his name is something someone would want to tarnish all you guy's trying to gang up on one person opinion by coming up with ridiculous replies and such really shows a lot about you people rather than me to be frank I am also aware of how some devs send their discord lackeys on their thread to watch guard it not saying that is definitely the case here but the attitude of this thread definitely seems to suggest such possibilities.
Still ignoring my reply to why the game can be delayed outside of the dev's control I see. Ignoring it twice suggests you have no comeback to it.

polar_1321

Jun 20, 2017
I hope it comes out in 2025 now, your crying is entertaining.

beedulgi

Jul 11, 2021
Oh man I just gave this game a first go yesterday and I ended up playing through the whole thing in one sitting :LOL:
I was blown away by the quality of the renders, and I also really enjoyed the writing, as well as the MC.
Seems like the forums are split over the wait time for the updates, but honestly for a game of this quality I think it will be worth the wait!

Cpt_Crunch

Mar 20, 2019
Oh man I just gave this game a first go yesterday and I ended up playing through the whole thing in one sitting :LOL:
I was blown away by the quality of the renders, and I also really enjoyed the writing, as well as the MC.
Seems like the forums are split over the wait time for the updates, but honestly for a game of this quality I think it will be worth the wait!
Well it certainly will be for you, since you'll have to wait for about a month at most :LOL:

mogwah

Aug 30, 2021

Relax Broski,

The next chapter is going to be grand in quanity and quality. We're allllllmost there.

In the meantime get over to Walmart where they have a sale on tube sox (1 dozen pair pack). Cheap enough to just chuck in the bin. Don't even put them in the hamper for Mom to find (she won't understand why your dirty sox suddenly can't be seperated from eachother).

Nov 17, 2019

huh? they are being paid by very generous patreons. I would say they have at least an obligation to those folks, and not necessarily the complainers who never donate or patreon.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
huh? they are being paid by very generous patreons. I would say they have at least an obligation to those folks, and not necessarily the complainers who never donate or patreon.
And what, pray tell, happens if the product isn't delivered on time via a patreon donation?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, because patreon isn't a mutually beneficial exchange of goods and services contracted by an employer and employee held accountable by the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act). If an employer doesn't pay the employee on a specified time, it's a violation of the FSLA, and the employee could be liable for damages even before state authorities are notified.

I don't expect you to know all this, but a basic understanding of how patreon functions and how it differs from your standard state of employment doesn't take that much effort.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Patreon doesn't enforce developers' promises made in posts. They don't care if a developer fails to deliver or even lies to their Patrons. The only recourse a Patron has is to cancel payment, at which time the Patron may express a reason. I suspect if enough Patrons complain about failure to conform to a Tier promise, Patreon will set the developer straight, which will probably result in the developer just changing the Tier rewards. But if a developer says in a post that he's going to deliver an update on some date, and fails to do so... tough shit. Patreon doesn't care.

The only contract between the developer and a Patron, is the Patron's promise to pay as scheduled, and for the developer to provide all Tier rewards, which never (in my experience) include release dates.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
As it was already answered I give you a short version: A donation is not a salary payment.
Think of it as paying for a game on steam in early access or being a backer for those kickstarter/fig and whatever else there is campaigns. You can NEVER be sure the project reaches complement or updates are delivered in time, but you can help it reaching that goal and hope for the best.

Aug 15, 2021
I think its a fair comparison because of this:

1662637134806.png

I am fine with the release date being pushed back by a month to October as I felt like the communication through the dev logs was quite clear/transparent but the comparison itself is fair because the dev wrote this not us.

I am happy with the pace of the work 3.6k renders translates to around 450 renders/month which is comfortably above average for these games. But if you are a patreon and dont think the dev is putting enough effort or if you think communication is not clear you can hold them accountable and unsubscribe.

About bitching in this forum about release dates when you are not a supporter: I dont see the problem with that personally. I may disagree with the arguments being made but this is a discussion forum for pirated games and people will post their opinions about games they pirated. It is not against forum rules to do that and I think discussion should not be discouraged unless it is excessively rude.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 376 Votes