zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
While I agree that MC thinking about going to work with Reina after she just flippantly turned him down for the word of a stranger is a bad thing, I think it wouldn't hurt character development for her to ask.

I might be reading too much into things, but it seems to me like she's the type that is very book smart, and to a degree, impulsive on doing what looks good for the company, and is lacking in some emotional maturity.

Again, maybe my imagination, and I'm totally down for there not even be an option to go to work for her again. Though I'm not going to drop this game like it's hot, either, if it is included.

Also, also: Totally hope there's more time with IV...... cause I'm team Kindra, team Katy, and team June
Cass isn't a stranger to her though. She's a partner in a billion dollar company that Reina's company is working PR for. If one of your biggest customers tells you not to trust a potential employee then you have no choice but to do what they say. I don't think the MC should work there anymore but I also don't think we should blame Reina for anything. Also considering we became an "honorary ink bro" I think having a job at IV as well as being allowed in the sorority would feel like too much ink girl stuff

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Cass isn't a stranger to her though. She's a partner in a billion dollar company that Reina's company is working PR for. If one of your biggest customers tells you not to trust a potential employee then you have no choice but to do what they say. I don't think the MC should work there anymore but I also don't think we should blame Reina for anything. Also considering we became an "honorary ink bro" I think having a job at IV as well as being allowed in the sorority would feel like too much ink girl stuff
I was thinking the same. Cass was a member of board in probably the biggest tech company in the world and also managed to grab hold of the son of the chairman of the company. So refusing her could land a big problem for Reina. So she had to kick us off.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Reina was not happy after Cassandra spoke to her.
We do not know exactly what was said, but I suspect from the information we have that Cassandra may have told her that the MC stole her research or something similar.
After the TV interview it is possible that what actually happened will be revealed to the others.
Unless he does work for IV, I am not sure why he would have any contact with those girls. If he does not get a job, I wonder if it will affect June's relationship with Reina.
What happens next may depend on how much influence Cassandra has, and what lies she told.
The thing is that the argument about the stolen research would be paper thin (and probably other arguments). Mainly because the MC is not known in the field of AI development (because Cassandra took the credit) and the job at IV is a low level tier in a different field, those would be indicators that your client is feeding you bullshit.

I now that it is necessary for the plot of the VN but dammit it just makes me want to kick Reina on the nape.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
I love how Kindra has come through for MC twice now, and when he's needed it the most. Dude would literally be sleeping in his car if it wasn't for her. But leaking the info and making Cassandra look like the fraud she is was priceless. Reina on the other hand definitely has some explaining to do in this upcoming update, I felt like she played MC for a fool. Back to Cassandra though, I don't have an issue if down the line there's some sort of reunion with MC, just so long as it's optional of course. She purposefully gives off the hatefuck vibes. The chick you'd wanna strangle one minute and come inside the next(I don't condone the strangle part).

I personally, would rather to continue to see her fall, fail and be miserable as she made MC. I'm not a simp or have a humiliation fetish like some so I can't see myself fully embracing the idea to just forgive a woman who practically left you rot in a gutter just because she has some sort of epiphany and realized the error of her ways. She's on a high right now, a power trip and boy I can't wait until she fully crash and burns.

I thought I had a best girl, but they're all likable to me. June Moon is perfection though so there's that.

Random note: I didn't notice Jeff the cat, until my second play through. He's needs more content, maybe Koko and Jeff can hook up.
I can totally see her having some change of heart *barf* but to hell with her, anyway here's to the bitch's downfall. As for Reina she didn't seem too please with Cassandra's interview so I'm curious as to how this plays out.
The thing is that the argument about the stolen research would be paper thin (and probably other arguments). Mainly because the MC is not known in the field of AI development (because Cassandra took the credit) and the job at IV is a low level tier in a different field, those would be indicators that your client is feeding you bullshit.

I now that it is necessary for the plot of the VN but dammit it just makes me want to kick Reina on the nape.
Excellent points.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I was thinking the same. Cass was a member of board in probably the biggest tech company in the world and also managed to grab hold of the son of the chairman of the company. So refusing her could land a big problem for Reina. So she had to kick us off.
If this is the case, would you want to interact socially with anyone that worked there knowing that they are involved with Cassandra and will do anything she tells them to? Most of them now know about some of the history between the MC and Cassandra and will soon know (if they don't already know) that she is the reason he did not get the job.
Knowing how vindictive Cassandra is, what will she do if she finds out the MC is friends with them?

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
If this is the case, would you want to interact socially with anyone that worked there knowing that they are involved with Cassandra and will do anything she tells them to? Most of them now know about some of the history between the MC and Cassandra and will soon know (if they don't already know) that she is the reason he did not get the job.
Knowing how vindictive Cassandra is, what will she do if she finds out the MC is friends with them?
In all honesty I'd probably be pissed if I was in MC's shoes.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
It actually is more common for the owner of a company (if I remember correctly Reina is the owner) to not bend to the whims of a client, even if it is an important client. The owner of a company tends to value autonomy and would treat said client to a nice dinner and in a composed and elegant way tell the client to fuck off. The alternative being bending and taking it up the ass and risk losing a competitive edge and your anal virginity.

But really the problem is not the circumstance, the problem is that it gives an uncertainty to the likeability of Reina as a LI. As it stands it gives the impression that she is a fickle affair (just as Cassandra).

I do not know man, most likely I am just talking out of my ass... yeahhh most definitely. :HideThePain:

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Most of them knew mc didn't get the job because Cass was a gold digger batch after the interview of Cass. Only June knew she was involved with mc in the past and she didn't knew Cass would force Reina to kick out mc. And mc also didn't know IV was involved with Cass or he probably wouldn't have went there for job.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
It actually is more common for the owner of a company (if I remember correctly Reina is the owner) to not bend to the whims of a client, even if it is an important client. The owner of a company tends to value autonomy and would treat said client to a nice dinner and in a composed and elegant way tell the client to fuck off. The alternative being bending and taking it up the ass and risk losing a competitive edge and your anal virginity.

But really the problem is not the circumstance, the problem is that it gives an uncertainty to the likeability of Reina as a LI. As it stands it gives the impression that she is a fickle affair (just as Cassandra).

I do not know man, most likely I am just talking out of my ass... yeahhh most definitely. :HideThePain:
Owners of a successful business would never tell one of their most important clients to go fuck themselves. We were also told early in the story that Reina would put her business first which is why June told the blonde girl not to invite her to the party where she would see the MC. She was willing to let that slide (despite her saying it could be a huge HR problem) but on top of that you have an important client telling you not to hire him. That just makes her seem like she cares about her business above everything else which lines up with what we're told about her and allows the possibility of a story arc where she learns to care more about her relationships

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Owners of a successful business would never tell one of their most important clients to go fuck themselves.
What I meant by that is that there are polite ways (not using the words fuck and off) to get the point across.

I do agree with your premise and have to say that my rant was more about nitpicking on inconsistencies (that maybe only exist in my perception) about Reina's character.

Oct 17, 2020
I know a lot of people are wanting Kindra to be a main Love Interest - but I hope that does not happen. I love the "goofy friend" dynamic that is developing between them. It would be a refreshing change for a MC to have adult female friends that are not fuck-buddies, I would put June in the same category.
Reading what the Dev has said, Artemis is (I think) meant to be the main Love Interest, but you can avoid it if you want to pick another girl.
The one I would really hope is a LI is Raina - she appears to be a sympathetic character who was put in an impossible situation. Let's face it the MC is practically unemployable at the minute, he has no work record, no reputation and no portfolio of projects to show to potential employers (he did not even show his Lidar app at the interview). If I was Raina I would not touch him with a bargepole, even with a friend's endorsement.
It could go either way for me, fuck buddies or main girl? I'll be satisfied but to your point they do seem to mesh better as friends.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I'm a little sad about the hate being thrown Reina's way, but I can understand it.

The thing is, we don't know what Cuntsandra, a long-time client, said to get Reina to change her mind about hiring MC. If it was just Reina bending to Cass' influence I could see us thinking less of Reina. But let's face it: Cuntsandra did what Cuntsandra has done all chapter - she made up an egregious lie that made MC unemployable.

Reina didn't know MC. She didn't know Cass and MC had a history. She knew Cass. It's a very simple decision, and if it weren't MC being hurt by it, we'd all understand and sympathise. But because it's "us", some people are just writing her off and I think that's a shame.

But now the tv spot has changed everything.

Reina now knows she was played. I fully expect an apology and a renewed job offer early in the next update. I also expect Reina to drop Cass and Co as a client due to her blatant dishonesty. MC would be a total fool to turn down the job offer due to a completely understandable action on Reina's part, followed by this correction.

But the tv spot also put a huge target on MC and Kindra's backs. Koko works, which means the original code that Cass dismissed works, which means Cass needs to get her hands on that original code, which means Cass and Co are coming for Koko. Now you'll start to see why MC's military training was displayed so prominently in the first Chapter. Shit is going to go down.

IV has a lot of connections. Working for them will help MC stay on the radar and make it harder for Cass to just quietly take him out.

The INK girls go along with that, especially cop girl who has training and connections with the police.

MC is going to need a network soon. And these girls are a great network to have.

Plus, y'know, the sexing. Making the sex in the sexy way. Those girls are hot.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
I'm a little sad about the hate being thrown Reina's way, but I can understand it.

The thing is, we don't know what Cuntsandra, a long-time client, said to get Reina to change her mind about hiring MC. If it was just Reina bending to Cass' influence I could see us thinking less of Reina. But let's face it: Cuntsandra did what Cuntsandra has done all chapter - she made up an egregious lie that made MC unemployable.

Reina didn't know MC. She didn't know Cass and MC had a history. She knew Cass. It's a very simple decision, and if it weren't MC being hurt by it, we'd all understand and sympathise. But because it's "us", some people are just writing her off and I think that's a shame.

But now the tv spot has changed everything.

Reina now knows she was played. I fully expect an apology and a renewed job offer early in the next update. I also expect Reina to drop Cass and Co as a client due to her blatant dishonesty. MC would be a total fool to turn down the job offer due to a completely understandable action on Reina's part, followed by this correction.

But the tv spot also put a huge target on MC and Kindra's backs. Koko works, which means the original code that Cass dismissed works, which means Cass needs to get her hands on that original code, which means Cass and Co are coming for Koko. Now you'll start to see why MC's military training was displayed so prominently in the first Chapter. Shit is going to go down.

IV has a lot of connections. Working for them will help MC stay on the radar and make it harder for Cass to just quietly take him out.

The INK girls go along with that, especially cop girl who has training and connections with the police.

MC is going to need a network soon. And these girls are a great network to have.

Plus, y'know, the sexing. Making the sex in the sexy way. Those girls are hot.
Yeah I'm definitely not at the point to where I feel any hate for Reina whatsoever, that would be a huge exaggeration. She does however owe Mc an apology/explanation of some form, which as you mentioned he'll probably get in the next update. The ONLY character players should really hate is Cassandra.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes