Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Glad to read that, cause most of the time people don't grasp what polyamory is, they mix this with 'harem', and think the MC should have the girls for himself only.

Not a fan of polyamory, but with the right girls, like Kindra and June, yeah, I'd also be in. And since their chemistry is damn great already, who knows...
I'm actually polyamorous, so...

Kindra and June are the two who care the most for the MC. They have, IMHO, the potential to be actual partners. For the others, it's more that the MC is a fun guy who isn't a misogynistic frat boy. He's anything but wrapped up in his own ego. That said, it appears to be fun and games for most of them.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Glad to read that, cause most of the time people don't grasp what polyamory is, they mix this with 'harem', and think the MC should have the girls for himself only.
I don't want to enter too much into this debate but a harem is a group of women who are sexual partners of the same man (source : dictionnary), while polyamory is the practice of, or desire for, romantic relationships with more than one partner at the same time (source : wikipedia).

Conclusion : a harem and polyamorous relationships are not mutually exclusive. A harem in which the girls also have a relationships with each other is polyamorous, while a harem in which the girls only have a relationship with the same man but not with each other is not polyamorous. Well the dude is, but not the harem.

If people mix the two, it's because it's totally mixable :whistle:

Although not sure if we can call it a harem with only two girls. Just to be sure I'd add DK and Artemis to Kindra and June if possible, but really just to avoid confusion on the definition of a harem ofc :4Head:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I don't want to enter too much into this debate but a harem is a group of women who are sexual partners of the same man (source : dictionnary), while polyamory is the practice of, or desire for, romantic relationships with more than one partner at the same time (source : wikipedia).

Conclusion : a harem and polyamorous relationships are not mutually exclusive. A harem in which the girls also have a relationships with each other is polyamorous, while a harem in which the girls only have a relationship with the same man but not with each other is not polyamorous. Well the dude is, but not the harem.

If people mix the two, it's because it's totally mixable :whistle:

Although not sure if we can call it a harem with only two girls. Just to be sure I'd add DK and Artemis to Kindra and June if possible, but really just to avoid confusion on the definition of a harem ofc :4Head:
It was mostly to point out that these women will 'fuck' each other too, the MC being there or not, and that in a polyamorous relationship (like a throuple), they all love each other, the MC isn't central in that, he's part of that. That's where most people mix that with 'harem', and cries 'NTR' when they realize it isn't. Best depictions of that in the AVN world so far, to me, would be the Josy/Maya throuple in Being a DIK, and the possible, multiple-partners polyamory relationship in Bare Witness.

And as of right now, there's no 'harem' intended for Artemis. (fortunately)

I have to say, I understand your precision, and yes, both aren't mutually exclusive, I say 'polyamorous relationship' because I dislike the word 'throuple', my first language is french and it reminds me of 'troupeau', which is 'herd' in english, so yeah :LOL:

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
art_devlog.jpg

Happy Monday!

What a week. Sometimes I wish I could just slip into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and just crank out as much as I can. But it's safe to say that I got through the Steam checklist last week. I just need to tighten up V's intro and insert the renders that I had to do to patch things up. The long awaited CH4 4.2 patch should be here this week. It addresses a lot of things that I had been holding off on for a while, as well as insert the remaster for one another scene from CH1, which I'll go into more detail in a minute. I plan to wrap up the patch today and send it to the beta team to ensure things play smoothly. The changelog is quite long, so for those who want a sneak peek of what has been worked on, I attached a txt file for you to view.

Something I do want to point out that was added to the Quick Menu. You'll see "Resolve Screen" as an option. Sometimes if you're fast forwarding through scenes, the notifications will get stuck. the "# years ago..." or the "Decrypted!" pop-ups. If that happens, click "Resolve Screen" and it'll fix that. V's revised intro will go through this too.

In regard to remastering one of the scenes, it was the flashback with Supermom. For those new, I was diagnosed with keratoconus back in early 2020. And my vision had gone on a steep decline toward the end 2020. This scene had a grossly low-quality background. I had intended it to just be blurred away with depth of field, but it was very difficult to determine what was in focus and what was not. In CH2, I had not yet gotten my contacts but I tried to work with DOF but I believe some shots may have been slightly out of focus. So if someone mentions something that looks blurry, yeah I believe it because I couldn't see clearly. That said, this flashback was just atrocious for me to look at but I'm very happy that it finally got corrected. Next dev cycle, I may re-master the INK scene from CH1. I'm very fortunate I saved every old scene, so it only took me maybe 12 hours to redo 90 renders. Just a matter of opening the scene, importing the lighting, render settings, models. CTRL+C/CTRL+V then CTRL+SHIFT+C/CTRL+SHIFTV to copy the position/pose over to the models. Was a very quick job to do. Below are the results.

I also had a nice long conversation with Puggy, co-dev of Hellcat Lounge. Basically giving me a massive run-down of Blender, which is another 3D software. Those who have been around know that I've always wanted to integrate Blender into my workflow. Not just for animations but also for the huge array of tools it offers you. Because let me tell you, sometimes I get an idea in the middle of development and DAZ just cripples my creativity because the tools aren't available to me. I end up having to fire up some external program and work there, then bring it over to DAZ. Puggy pretty much gave me a nice overview of what Blender can do if you put the effort to do it. And things seem really nice and calm right now in Artemis. But now that the story is starting to ramp up, I'm going to need something more than what DAZ can offer so I can render out things like the physics of a building collapsing, the guardrails of a bridge falling into the water below, etc. Basically seeing what Blender can do, really gives me hope that Artemis can REALLY be how I envisioned when I first started writing the story. Because drag racing, the firing range, the combat. Those aren't things I added in just because. They serve a purpose for things to come. (And for those thinking it...yes, Dom Torretto cameo soon because family.) Anyway, very exciting things to come as the main story continues to unfold.

Lastly, this month...March 21st, is the day I decided to click that send button and tell myself "why did I just do that" as I released Artemis to the wild. Fast forward two years and I'm still amazed how deciding to just "do it" projected me into a whole new career change. That said...a couple of things. I'll be throwing out a poll probably tomorrow asking if you guys want a full "Victora's Secret-esque" spread of the girls of Artemis. Or do you guys want individual renders of the girls? The spread with all of the girls will be done quickly. Due to focusing on CH5, the individual girl renders will trickle out as I have time to complete them. Only because I don't want to take more time off from CH5 development.

To recap:
Spread of all girls Victoria's Secret - Fast
Individual girls - Renders will get posted as they're completed which will take weeks.
Again, a poll will be out tomorrow to decide.

On top of this, I'll do a written Q&A and reveal responses on the week of the 20th. I'd do a live-chat on Discord. But honestly, I'm very aware that I tend to just talk/ramble. One question may have me fire off for like 10 minutes. At least with written answers, I can clamp myself. I mean, look at this DevLog. It's a goddamn dissertation right now. Haha, anyways. Drop questions below, I'll bring it up again next Monday and the Monday after I'll reveal my responses.
Welp, sorry for the wall of text on this one. I'm back on full-throttle with CH5 now, especially with Steam prep much out of the way now!
Again, huge thanks to everyone for two years of Artemis. Past and present. Thank you.

Be safe out there.

- digi.B

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
If we get a choice, with a decent story, I dont mind choosing one. And the game does make it hard to pick one.

Too many games are either harem or forced/no choice in the end. If the game actually is finished that is, and 95% wont even get completed.

Reactions: Sasanid

HanBoston

Oct 11, 2021
How long does it take for each update? is it every 6 months or more? and does Chapter 5 is delayed due to the steam release?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It was mostly to point out that these women will 'fuck' each other too, the MC being there or not, and that in a polyamorous relationship (like a throuple), they all love each other, the MC isn't central in that, he's part of that. That's where most people mix that with 'harem', and cries 'NTR' when they realize it isn't. Best depictions of that in the AVN world so far, to me, would be the Josy/Maya throuple in Being a DIK, and the possible, multiple-partners polyamory relationship in Bare Witness.

And as of right now, there's no 'harem' intended for Artemis. (fortunately)

I have to say, I understand your precision, and yes, both aren't mutually exclusive, I say 'polyamorous relationship' because I dislike the word 'throuple', my first language is french and it reminds me of 'troupeau', which is 'herd' in english, so yeah :LOL:
Yeah, "a herd of two" isn't very impressive.

Plus, the French already have a very useful phrase, a household of three, ménage à trois. Much more elegant than "throuple."

Last edited:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Really hope you guys get your throuple ;)
But I sure as hell hope that those of us that want a 'normal/single/monogamous' route with Kindra will get one... Love all the girls stories but Kindra is the top LI for me :love:
Oh, it sure will be possible, honestly, unless it breaks the heart of either Kindra or June, my main goal will always be solo.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes