SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
View attachment 2939725

Happy new week everyone!

Things continue to stay busy. I unfortunately wasn't able to get the next build for testing to the testers like planned over the weekend. The last build didn't have the mini-games implemented and was something I was working on this week. There were two mini-games planned for CH4 that I had tossed to the cutting room floor, mainly because they were pretty gimmicky and served no purpose other than have something to do during the Halloween party. For CH5, all of the planned games revolve around characters. And I plan each game to be set up to be an activity to interact with whoever you're hanging out with. For example Paige and her enjoyment playing basketball. Naomi at the gun range, etc. This time around, I wanted to go a bit further to make it a bit more "lively" as opposed to click this, click that. I wanted visual responses from the character. If you're beating them, they react however they react. Naomi for example will give credit where it is due but will talk shit if you fumble. Paige will support your efforts even if you played poorly. So I had to tweak some things and add additional renders for this play out for the games planned for this chapter. You can still skip all mini-games, I just hope this addition to the games will encourage more to play with them on.

I also invested a large sum of money into a pretty robust sound effects library. One of my bottlenecks is usually the sound effects department. I did buy my own field recorder so I can record those real obscure sounds when needed. However, I still struggled for things like dogs or bear roars (or wolves...hint). Sure, I could go on YouTube and spend hours looking for a good sound to rip, which I had done before. This method though you risk either low quality sound or having to filter out some background noise as best you can. And I just want to pump as much production quality into my projects as much as possible. So I'm really excited about this investment. Once this chapter is out, I also plan to update the old sound effects used in the previous chapters.

To remain transparent, I want everyone to know that as much as I had hoped to have CH5 out by the end of this month, it would be cutting it really close to comfortably say that. I admit I've let the stress of this release nearing a year since the last chapter get the best of me and I just need to accept it and just maintain focus on delivering a solid release for you guys. Once this release is out, I can re-evaluate things better for a more timely release for CH6.

I genuinely appreciate all the support given, the pats on the backs, the atta boys and all that jazz. After this chapter release, I will do another ask me anything if you guys have questions either about me or Artemis, or anything else. If there's enough interest, we could do one live on Discord. But until then, it's back into den I go to get this update wrapped up!
thank you again and I hope everyone has a great week.

- digi.B
Hmm, I was hoping for a release date this time around. Was under the impression that we were at the finish line this time around. Either way, happy to see Digi is taking the time to really iron out the bugs. Can't wait for the update.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Hmm, I was hoping for a release date this time around. Was under the impression that we were at the finish line this time around. Either way, happy to see Digi is taking the time to really iron out the bugs. Can't wait for the update.
i'm whit you there
digi basically said its pretty much done hence he send the initial test build out tot testers
so he's just putting on the finishing touches and testing it so everyone gets a stable release

i think most will be sorted out this week and next week we will get the release announcement unless something unexpected happens
if it does im pretty sure most people won't mind the extra week or 2 just for it to be less buggy / more stable

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I really hope we'll have some sexy times with Artemis in chapter 5. And I'm curious about her personality too, ofc :)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
why the rush?
it hasnt been ever one year since v0.4 came out...and avns development is the hardest job and blah blah...
it is what it is :BootyTime:

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
why the rush?
it hasnt been ever one year since v0.4 came out...and avns development is the hardest job and blah blah...
it is what it is :BootyTime:
Didn't intend to rush the dev. Nor am I particularly stressed about the dev time. Just figured that with Beta started about a week or two ago, that we'd have a definitive release date ready to go. But I was wrong and we won't one for about another 1-3 weeks.

Reactions: Jericho85

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
i think a bunch off work also came from making sure save import system is set up for this update also added a bunch off time for this update
i think a april-may for the update after the upcoming one is optimistic but doable

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
i think a bunch off work also came from making sure save import system is set up for this update also added a bunch off time for this update
i think a april-may for the update after the upcoming one is optimistic but doable
Not happening. Check any VN, literally ANY renpy vn on here. All of them have a tendency to go for bigger updates and longer development cycles.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Not happening. Check any VN, literally ANY renpy vn on here. All of them have a tendency to go for bigger updates and longer development cycles.
well for someone who has so many comment i'd say you'd have tried at least most avn's
but i think you're completely wrong in this statement

yes some avn have a longer dev time then others but it has little to do whit renpy

more whit the assets they choose to use and amount off content they want to put out each update
Artemis is a good example of your statement
but "The fiery scion" by vanderer has a update about every 4-6 weeks and is released in renpy as well so completly contradicts you and makes your statement invalid

Personally i've seen that average across all avn's would be 4-6 months per update, some bigger names whit more work put into it take a bit more
but there are quite a few that have this time frame or less as well

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

w_Stew

Aug 13, 2020
Wow, I didn't know that NASA had an

The launch date for Artemis 1 was 11/16/2022. How cool would it be if Chapter 5 launched on the one year anniversary (11/16/2023)?

• Angry
Reactions: karumi56

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
is there an ETA for when next update might be dropping?
View attachment 2939725

Happy new week everyone!

Things continue to stay busy. I unfortunately wasn't able to get the next build for testing to the testers like planned over the weekend. The last build didn't have the mini-games implemented and was something I was working on this week. There were two mini-games planned for CH4 that I had tossed to the cutting room floor, mainly because they were pretty gimmicky and served no purpose other than have something to do during the Halloween party. For CH5, all of the planned games revolve around characters. And I plan each game to be set up to be an activity to interact with whoever you're hanging out with. For example Paige and her enjoyment playing basketball. Naomi at the gun range, etc. This time around, I wanted to go a bit further to make it a bit more "lively" as opposed to click this, click that. I wanted visual responses from the character. If you're beating them, they react however they react. Naomi for example will give credit where it is due but will talk shit if you fumble. Paige will support your efforts even if you played poorly. So I had to tweak some things and add additional renders for this play out for the games planned for this chapter. You can still skip all mini-games, I just hope this addition to the games will encourage more to play with them on.

I also invested a large sum of money into a pretty robust sound effects library. One of my bottlenecks is usually the sound effects department. I did buy my own field recorder so I can record those real obscure sounds when needed. However, I still struggled for things like dogs or bear roars (or wolves...hint). Sure, I could go on YouTube and spend hours looking for a good sound to rip, which I had done before. This method though you risk either low quality sound or having to filter out some background noise as best you can. And I just want to pump as much production quality into my projects as much as possible. So I'm really excited about this investment. Once this chapter is out, I also plan to update the old sound effects used in the previous chapters.

To remain transparent, I want everyone to know that as much as I had hoped to have CH5 out by the end of this month, it would be cutting it really close to comfortably say that. I admit I've let the stress of this release nearing a year since the last chapter get the best of me and I just need to accept it and just maintain focus on delivering a solid release for you guys. Once this release is out, I can re-evaluate things better for a more timely release for CH6.

I genuinely appreciate all the support given, the pats on the backs, the atta boys and all that jazz. After this chapter release, I will do another ask me anything if you guys have questions either about me or Artemis, or anything else. If there's enough interest, we could do one live on Discord. But until then, it's back into den I go to get this update wrapped up!
thank you again and I hope everyone has a great week.

- digi.B
At most it was one page back. Try to put in a little effort.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes