UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
There are a few devs that pop out monthly updates, but generally they have a lower visual quality or use different model systems. Just rendering time alone would prohibit that unless they have a whole bank of rendering rigs set up but you're talking thousands of dollars for hardware and power investment. Then there's writing and coding.

I'd place Artemis in the quarterly update (give or take) category.

akkurt

Nov 1, 2020
Artemis Update_112921.png

Happy Monday!

I managed to survive the week after all the laborious coding. I'm reminded how much this is tedious because I often mistaken 0's for 8s or 9s, etc. So, after completing a scene, I have to run through it to clean up mistakes I made. And there were a lot of renders to insert this time around. I also worked on the other part of the code for some of the activities you participate in with the girls, as you develop your relationships this chapter. Going over the code this chapter, I'm recalling in chapter 2 I had removed maybe 3 or 4 scenes and now all scenes planned are being committed this time around. As a matter of fact, I'm squeezing in additional renders and dialogue. Safe to say Chapter 3 is a pretty chonky update as I set things up for Chapter 4, which is going to be a very important chapter for several reasons. By Chapter 3 you would have interacted with all the girls, except for Zoe and DK. Both will have theirs in Chapter 4. And by Chapter 4 you would have gotten an idea of the side-arcs being setup as well as projecting the main arc.

There's also an opportunity for additional lewd scenes, so I will be working on those this week. This chapter should have a bit of everything for everyone, I'm feeling. I also spent this week curating more licensed music. I have about 60 that I've bookmarked and will have to go through and choose which best fits scenes. At this stage, I will also be using tracks from previous chapters. I usually choose around 30ish tracks a chapter and it adds about 100-200mb of space. So, if I can help it I'll try to consider tracks from previous chapters. But if I have a specific tone I'm going for, I'll be choosing a new track that best fits it. Speaking of music, I've been conceptualizing more of the music room. It's super low on my priority list, but I'll be officially changing the name from "Legal" to "DJ Kink Studio".

I was also pretty excited to start working on the new main menu layout. This is still a work in progress but I wanted to share.
artemisch3mm.png

Despite this very busy week with coding, I still managed to squeeze in story renders. Not my usual numbers, but I was able to render out 75 renders this week putting me at about 1,545 story renders and two more animations completed. Only 10 scenes remain to be completed.

And last but not least, my appointment for contact fittings is this week! Hopefully, this will be the end of mistaking 0s for 8s and 9s haha.

Back on the render grind this week! Look forward to more previews!

Be well, everyone! And have yourselves a great week!

digi.B

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Happy Monday!

I managed to survive the week after all the laborious coding. I'm reminded how much this is tedious because I often mistaken 0's for 8s or 9s, etc. So, after completing a scene, I have to run through it to clean up mistakes I made. And there were a lot of renders to insert this time around. I also worked on the other part of the code for some of the activities you participate in with the girls, as you develop your relationships this chapter. Going over the code this chapter, I'm recalling in chapter 2 I had removed maybe 3 or 4 scenes and now all scenes planned are being committed this time around. As a matter of fact, I'm squeezing in additional renders and dialogue. Safe to say Chapter 3 is a pretty chonky update as I set things up for Chapter 4, which is going to be a very important chapter for several reasons. By Chapter 3 you would have interacted with all the girls, except for Zoe and DK. Both will have theirs in Chapter 4. And by Chapter 4 you would have gotten an idea of the side-arcs being setup as well as projecting the main arc.

There's also an opportunity for additional lewd scenes, so I will be working on those this week. This chapter should have a bit of everything for everyone, I'm feeling. I also spent this week curating more licensed music. I have about 60 that I've bookmarked and will have to go through and choose which best fits scenes. At this stage, I will also be using tracks from previous chapters. I usually choose around 30ish tracks a chapter and it adds about 100-200mb of space. So, if I can help it I'll try to consider tracks from previous chapters. But if I have a specific tone I'm going for, I'll be choosing a new track that best fits it. Speaking of music, I've been conceptualizing more of the music room. It's super low on my priority list, but I'll be officially changing the name from "Legal" to "DJ Kink Studio".

I was also pretty excited to start working on the new main menu layout. This is still a work in progress but I wanted to share.

Despite this very busy week with coding, I still managed to squeeze in story renders. Not my usual numbers, but I was able to render out 75 renders this week putting me at about 1,545 story renders and two more animations completed. Only 10 scenes remain to be completed.

And last but not least, my appointment for contact fittings is this week! Hopefully, this will be the end of mistaking 0s for 8s and 9s haha.

Back on the render grind this week! Look forward to more previews!

Be well, everyone! And have yourselves a great week!

digi.B
This regular Monday update by the developer means the game is dead, right? ;) :rolleyes:

Reactions: SamualHand

CitDCypher

Jul 26, 2017

Good morning!

This will be a brief update as the work done was mostly focused on renders. A couple of things to mention, however. I was working on the music room background. I'm sure most of you know who the "lo-fi music girl" is. I made an attempt to capture the essence of that backdrop. In the music room, you'll see a 20 second loop of Kindra adjusting her mixer in her mini studio as she listens to music. I may do a new one sometime in the future that is more dynamic looking. But I'm satisfied with this one for now.

This week I'll making some changes to my schedule. Normally, I just let the renders pile up and work on inserting them into the code. After the week before, I realized how much time this takes when doing them in large batches like that. Normally I don't mind, but it does take a chunk out of development doing it this way. So, normally Mondays are days I take time to myself to unwind. But I decided it wouldn't take much to process the renders and insert them into the code. This should help keep work steady and allow me to focus more development.
I completed 280 story renders this week, placing CH3 at 1,820 story renders so far. As well as 2 animations. I've reached that point of development where I start doing the "countdown" of remaining scenes. With only 9 remaining scenes to be completed. This week I'll be inserting the completed renders into the code. As well as animating a few more scenes. And of course, continuing focus on renders.
Look forward to more previews this week!
Have yourselves a wonderful week!

digi.B

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

Good morning!

This will be a brief update as the work done was mostly focused on renders. A couple of things to mention, however. I was working on the music room background. I'm sure most of you know who the "lo-fi music girl" is. I made an attempt to capture the essence of that backdrop. In the music room, you'll see a 20 second loop of Kindra adjusting her mixer in her mini studio as she listens to music. I may do a new one sometime in the future that is more dynamic looking. But I'm satisfied with this one for now.

This week I'll making some changes to my schedule. Normally, I just let the renders pile up and work on inserting them into the code. After the week before, I realized how much time this takes when doing them in large batches like that. Normally I don't mind, but it does take a chunk out of development doing it this way. So, normally Mondays are days I take time to myself to unwind. But I decided it wouldn't take much to process the renders and insert them into the code. This should help keep work steady and allow me to focus more development.
I completed 280 story renders this week, placing CH3 at 1,820 story renders so far. As well as 2 animations. I've reached that point of development where I start doing the "countdown" of remaining scenes. With only 9 remaining scenes to be completed. This week I'll be inserting the completed renders into the code. As well as animating a few more scenes. And of course, continuing focus on renders.
Look forward to more previews this week!
Have yourselves a wonderful week!

digi.B
Render me, sempai!

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes