VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

bunhas

Jul 21, 2019
Yeah, battle system is a bit janky. It was more of a proof of concept, but when I tried to build upon it, I really struggled to get something decent out of it.
You unselect a ship by clicking outside its movement range or clicking another ship.
There's very little visual indication of how the UI works and I'm really not satisfied with it.£

That's why for now, I skipped making more of these little battles and concentrate on the story.
Once that's done, I'll go back and revamp the combat system, probably changing it completely for a more simple system.
Or I'll try to get someone to help, I'll see what I can afford down the line.

I have no way of testing it, and I had problems with the Linux version, but I can export it to give it a try.
i cannot select the big main ship when combat in the first part of the game any help ? i can only select the 1 fighter ship and that's it cannot select the other 4 ship

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
i cannot select the big main ship when combat in the first part of the game any help ? i can only select the 1 fighter ship and that's it cannot select the other 4 ship
Same damn problem here.. stuck in combat without being able to fucking combat. It actually worked in 1.04 now it does not work at all.. can't do shit.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Same damn problem here.. stuck in combat without being able to fucking combat. It actually worked in 1.04 now it does not work at all.. can't do shit.
Please use this version for battle.

Fixed version for the battles.

I'll update the thread next week

Mega
I'll fix it in the main export soon.

Sep 19, 2020
Quick feedbag and bug report.

Over all looks very promissing however I only played as far as the first combat before hitting a bug.

Story, Graphics and UI look real good.

As a gamer (One who unfortunately lacks the time to do so) the rules seem simple and straight forward. Veteran tactical gamers would of course appreciate a more detailed and complex system, but what you have now seems good enough until you have time to flesh it out.

When you did the combat rules info dump I almost deleted the game since I came for the story. You MIGHT consider putting the note, about being able to skip combat, before the combat rules. Somethin like...

"Dev here, I'm going to go over the combat rules, However if you aren't interested in te game aspect then you will be given a choice before all combat to allow your XO to handle the combat and allow you to focus on the story."

{What you currently have follows}

*** Bug. Chose to have my XO handle combat. Got distracted and missed a part. So I rolled the mouse wheel to scroll back as I forgot this isn't the RenpyEngine. When the video ended The first line of text was stuck in the text box and while I could advance the story all future text was difficult to read since the letters from the original obscured the new text.

Hope this helps and best of luck, will try it again after a few more updates.

Norsk

Feb 6, 2019
i am trying the fixed combat version, but the round doesnt end. If i am supposed to press the big END button, that one doesnt work for me. I just try without combat.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
i am trying the fixed combat version, but the round doesnt end. If i am supposed to press the big END button, that one doesnt work for me. I just try without combat.
Hold the End button. It's a timer based button

FighterMan_69

Aug 9, 2023
Rachel is EXTREMELY attractive, right up my alley.

We going to have any up the butt action these girls?

Please say yes. :p

Kirie

Jul 28, 2018
With the anounce of Unity new cash grab policy I can't help but fear about the future of the project...
*concern*

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Okay
New version with a new story scene.
Numerous small fixes (like not being able to click on the upper part of the screen in battle)
Currently checking all spelling mistakes with a native, so hopefully, my horrible english gets corrected so that everyone gets to enjoy something that's readable (WIP, barely at the mid-point).

I added a lot more flirting options with Rachel. I wanted the MC to be a bit more reserved with her as I wanted him to see her as more of a sister, but I thought giving the choice to engage a bit more with the character would be seen as interesting for some people.

I'm still focusing on the story, so character scenes will come a bit later.

---

On another note, you've probably seen the whole Unity debacle.
The only thing I was terrified of, meaning the proprietary tools to check installations has been taken out of the picture for self-report, so I'll stick with Unity for now... Given I'll have to do chapters, maybe I'll try to make the next one under another engine, but for now, I'll have to stick with Unity and it's very ugly splashscreen.

---

As always, I appreciate all feedback, even if I don't always respond to it, be sure that I read everything.
If you find something, you can report either here or in the Discord.

---

I really wish to advance faster, but it is what it is.

I'll send a save to the second part of the game tomorrow, in case some people want the latest version.

blissless

Dec 30, 2018
how is drawing a normal dick so difficult
ps: the art is great, it's just the dick that is weird af

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Here's a save with the last 2 scenes that will work. Not that there is a lot of "new" new stuff as this update mostly re-writes the beginning.

Saves should be in your LocalLow/CTS/Data

how is drawing a normal dick so difficult
ps: the art is great, it's just the dick that is weird af
And yes, neither me or my artist are capable of drawing a decent one.
I suppose I'll have to draw Futa charts to train, but... it's not like I'm any good.

I'll try to improve them down the line, it's just not my priority.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I won the unwinnable fight, yet the game just crashed, I am throughoutly disappointed.

Tarny

Feb 1, 2020
Hello, I tried downloading the Mac version, but the error message "The application “AshesOfWar1.12 Mac” can’t be opened," keeps coming up. I tried messing around with the terminal but not luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know, thanks.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
I won the unwinnable fight, yet the game just crashed, I am throughoutly disappointed.
I think I've not set up the win condition if the ennemy is wiped out... So the game crashes because it doesn't know where to go. Sorry about that.

Hello, I tried downloading the Mac version, but the error message "The application “AshesOfWar1.12 Mac” can’t be opened," keeps coming up. I tried messing around with the terminal but not luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know, thanks.
Unfortunately, I have no MAC. Usually, I don't even put the MAC version out because I know I won't be able to check it out. I wouldn't know what's wrong with it if you can't even open it. Sorry.

So no comment on the ass action eh?
H-Scenes are quite secondary for now in my head. I have not yet decided positions and stuff for the next batch.
There will probably be one, buuuut don't expect that too soon.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AshesOfWar-1.12
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes