VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

MrTarch

Jan 6, 2022
Here's a save with the last 2 scenes that will work. Not that there is a lot of "new" new stuff as this update mostly re-writes the beginning.

Saves should be in your LocalLow/CTS/Data

And yes, neither me or my artist are capable of drawing a decent one.
I suppose I'll have to draw Futa charts to train, but... it's not like I'm any good.

I'll try to improve them down the line, it's just not my priority.
This doesn't unlock any gallery scenes...

FourPixels

May 5, 2017
Big time strategy game player here, for that "Survive for 6 turns" combat mission, I wish there was a Jump Out button after the sixth turn. It gives the player the option to stay and fight, and potentially win. Something like Project Wingman's Mission 6, where you're engaged by a squadron of enemy ace pilots, and you're told to retreat. Or, you don't. It's a tough as nails fight, and the rest of your allies retreats, the screen even says [ENGAGEMENT NOT ADVISED]. When you manage to best the enemy ace squadron, everyone is shocked.

I bring this up because I managed to reduce the enemy fleet to four scattered Corvettes, with no fleet losses on my end, and I was just about to wolfpack my fighters and corvettes together to defeat them in detail when the mission force ended me.

And then the plot immediately afterwords happened and that made it feel like all my careful planning and maneuvering was for nothing. Pretty shitty feeling, because I actually beat the enemy fleet myself, and then plot said I didn't do shit actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blyatiful_World

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
This doesn't unlock any gallery scenes...
Oh... I forgot the gallery variables are stored into the global game save of the game and not the individual saves...
So there needs to be 2 files to replace. I'll do that for the next update. (you're not missing much, there's only 4H Scenes at the moment.)

Help, I downloaded the game but I still can't seem to get Giant's Hunt on my Greatsword
It should work though, maybe try it on your Halberd to see if it's a bug or not. :Kappa:

Big time strategy game player here, for that "Survive for 6 turns" combat mission, I wish there was a Jump Out button after the sixth turn. It gives the player the option to stay and fight, and potentially win. Something like Project Wingman's Mission 6, where you're engaged by a squadron of enemy ace pilots, and you're told to retreat. Or, you don't. It's a tough as nails fight, and the rest of your allies retreats, the screen even says [ENGAGEMENT NOT ADVISED]. When you manage to best the enemy ace squadron, everyone is shocked.

I bring this up because I managed to reduce the enemy fleet to four scattered Corvettes, with no fleet losses on my end, and I was just about to wolfpack my fighters and corvettes together to defeat them in detail when the mission force ended me.

And then the plot immediately afterwords happened and that made it feel like all my careful planning and maneuvering was for nothing. Pretty shitty feeling, because I actually beat the enemy fleet myself, and then plot said I didn't do shit actually.

As a fellow strategy player (and AC and PW fan), the combat system, at the moment is in a state I despise with a passion, so I completely agree. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to make it much better without investing myself 100% on it.
This fight is particularly broken and I want to overall everything. That's why I advise to only carefully engage with the battle system at the beginning and each time someone brings it up.
Once I've finished this "first chapter" and have the whole VN part in a state I deem "good", I'll see what I can do to improve it.
But know that I have the exact same grievances as you.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Getting annoyed having to restart laptop everytime because game takes to long to exit,also on window mode you don't see save menu on bottom.Only easy way to exit game for me is put in window mode then use task manager to shut down game. Still gonna give it a go putting graphics to lowest since I been using ultra. And for you peeps who want rollback(doesn't work for battles) in your save scroll down to bottom and you'll see the line that says player rollback set it to true. Gonna ask a friend to gimme a speed tutorial on assembly dll did it once on another game but forgot,let's see if I can get more shield/hp/energy/atack

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Getting annoyed having to restart laptop everytime because game takes to long to exit,also on window mode you don't see save menu on bottom.Only easy way to exit game for me is put in window mode then use task manager to shut down game. Still gonna give it a go putting graphics to lowest since I been using ultra. And for you peeps who want rollback(doesn't work for battles) in your save scroll down to bottom and you'll see the line that says player rollback set it to true. Gonna ask a friend to gimme a speed tutorial on assembly dll did it once on another game but forgot,let's see if I can get more shield/hp/energy/atack
It IS a Unity game, so if you've only got a very low config, it still takes quite a bit of ressources. The UI should work for 16:9 and 16:10 screen ratio (thought it has some jank for this one). It breaks for nearly everything else 4:3 especially.
In window mode, base Unity adjusts to your screen whithout taking into account your toolbar, but hiding it by repositionning the game's window makes it dissapear easily.

Adding something to directly exit the game isn't a bad idea. I can understand not wanting to go back to the tittle screen. Probably not going to be a priority though.

As for the rest, I prevented rollbacks to not play battles twice, and if you don't want to engage with the battle system as it exist now (I wouldn't recommend it anyway) you've got the option to skip the battles.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
It IS a Unity game, so if you've only got a very low config, it still takes quite a bit of ressources. The UI should work for 16:9 and 16:10 screen ratio (thought it has some jank for this one). It breaks for nearly everything else 4:3 especially.
In window mode, base Unity adjusts to your screen whithout taking into account your toolbar, but hiding it by repositionning the game's window makes it dissapear easily.

Adding something to directly exit the game isn't a bad idea. I can understand not wanting to go back to the tittle screen. Probably not going to be a priority though.

As for the rest, I prevented rollbacks to not play battles twice, and if you don't want to engage with the battle system as it exist now (I wouldn't recommend it anyway) you've got the option to skip the battles.
fixed it, I just put another resolution and used window mode used 1280x720 also used lowest graphics, since you around are you gonna add other ships or a way to upgrade them? like +shield,hp/damage/beer...yeah beer for me not for game :rolleyes: :giggle:

Reactions: huds.mr04

huds.mr04

Aug 30, 2019
Hello, I tried downloading the Mac version, but the error message "The application “AshesOfWar1.12 Mac” can’t be opened," keeps coming up. I tried messing around with the terminal but not luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know, thanks.
That shows up because of apple blocking unknown apps that aren't from the app store you need to open it by using commands like it's mentioned here https://f95zone.to/threads/new-version-of-renpy-causes-mac-issues.71618/

1695598759969.png

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
fixed it, I just put another resolution and used window mode used 1280x720 also used lowest graphics, since you around are you gonna add other ships or a way to upgrade them? like +shield,hp/damage/beer...yeah beer for me not for game :rolleyes: :giggle:
I'd really like to, but my coding skills are trash. Like really trash, and I don't have the budget to outsource it.
The thing you have in the game at the moment is kind of a placeholder, so I don't know how It'll evolve.

More info when I get back into coding hell, but to be honest, I'm thinking about going towards a simpler system. Not 100% sure just yet what I'm going to do. I've got a couple of friends that may help, but no guarantees on anything.

That shows up because of apple blocking unknown apps that aren't from the app store you need to open it by using commands like it's mentioned here https://f95zone.to/threads/new-version-of-renpy-causes-mac-issues.71618/
Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I hope the thing runs on MAC, but as I stated, I unfortunately cannot test it.

Well, Day 16 and no nudes at the moment :ROFLMAO: (for sure I missed something)
But the story is fine and intriguing... so, going on...
Yeah, I'll be honest, H-scenes aren't the focus of the game and they need a re-write.
More are planned, promise.

Reactions: chicho1958

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I'd really like to, but my coding skills are trash. Like really trash, and I don't have the budget to outsource it.
The thing you have in the game at the moment is kind of a placeholder, so I don't know how It'll evolve.

More info when I get back into coding hell, but to be honest, I'm thinking about going towards a simpler system. Not 100% sure just yet what I'm going to do. I've got a couple of friends that may help, but no guarantees on anything.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I hope the thing runs on MAC, but as I stated, I unfortunately cannot test it.

Yeah, I'll be honest, H-scenes aren't the focus of the game and they need a re-write.
Yeah the engine you using ain't easy and sucks up a lot memory, besides you don't learn how to code in a day takes time, get a couple friends and come together with a plan 2 minds think better but keep concept of game the battles ain't that bad. Only advice I can give you is life comes first use your skills for games as a hobby.

huds.mr04

Aug 30, 2019

Well take your time coding is hard and it takes time to get used to your own methods but also learn how to solve the issues you might have.

Maybe you should compartmentalize parts of the game as well the updates if that helps you to be more organized but also to maybe do most if not everything you wanted the game to be.

I can test it but on an emulated MAC not the real thing since I don't own a MAC myself

You can add H-scenes afterwards you finish the rest in terms of the story, visuals which in my opinion are really good rn

Last edited:

agitatedturk

May 10, 2022
-There needs to be a tag for good story writing and dialogue, so it's easier to find gems like this among the mountain of nauseating trash that is most of the games on this site

-the battle minigame is pretty fun

Edit:
fighters need to be much more agile, and maybe have their damage nerfed to compensate, because otherwise the only rational way to use them is to keep them hidden behind better protected ships for use as targeting support. They get killed far too quickly if forward-deployed like... fighters.

Actually: I'd say you should double their energy, and triple the cost to fire their main weapon. And the larger ships need more than 50 shield regen/turn; maybe 100

Last edited:

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
Are the sex scenes animated? Can someone share a gif? I will decide should i download or not depending on quality of animated poses

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Are the sex scenes animated? Can someone share a gif? I will decide should i download or not depending on quality of animated poses
I'm not the one that put on the tags, and I should proably remove the animated one.
Animations are only for spaceships (and no plan for H-scenes in the forseeable future). Sorry

Reactions: huds.mr04

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
I'm not the one that put on the tags, and I should proably remove the animated one.
Animations are only for spaceships (and no plan for H-scenes in the forseeable future). Sorry
Dang the poses are really need to animated :/ I would love to see if u change your mind one day

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
ooooh nice just finished 1.11 and was annoyed at its ending point but now i am happy with 1.12 already being out :D though i am stuck at so can anyone help ? as in it wont go any further than that screen. clicking does nothing skipping does nothing. restarting does nothing to get past it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
ooooh nice just finished 1.11 and was annoyed at its ending point but now i am happy with 1.12 already being out :D though i am stuck at so can anyone help ? as in it wont go any further than that screen. clicking does nothing skipping does nothing. restarting does nothing to get past it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't get your hopes up, new update doesn't add much.

As for this error, I'm 100% Sure it comes from the save. Try this one

Though tbh, I would recommend waiting a couple weeks more before reading it again ahah

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Don't get your hopes up, new update doesn't add much.

As for this error, I'm 100% Sure it comes from the save. Try this one

Though tbh, I would recommend waiting a couple weeks more before reading it again ahah
i managed to fix it by going back a few choices and abandoning the miners instead of confronting the mercs. when i checked again with the mercs option after that it was again frozen at the same point. yes i saw i wish i had left it at the ending from 1.11 1.12 ending is just cruel xd

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes