VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
Thats not a NTR game nor by content nor by premise.
All, presumably, male characters says 'that girl(s) just not in my taste' when they see all of currently available girls.
and you think i dont know this game is not NTR game???

well, i do know this is not NTR game, but thanks anyway for point it out, captain.

buff

May 29, 2017
Sounds like my kinda game-- but no Mac port. Hey Dev, put one out there and I'll give it a shot. (Don't worry about it not being tested, Mac folks around here are completely used to that.)

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
On Android, I keep crashing at the "cutscene" after the Resilient is destroyed, when the MC's ship is about to jump.

Phone's a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G with 12GB of RAM.

Can't even skip the cutscene, because it's too small on the top-right corner and it pops up just as it crashes.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
On Android, I keep crashing at the "cutscene" after the Resilient is destroyed, when the MC's ship is about to jump.

Phone's a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G with 12GB of RAM.

Can't even skip the cutscene, because it's too small on the top-right corner and it pops up just as it crashes.
Never had that problem, it kinda gets choppy at most, but I'm using an emulator to test it, so maybe that's why.
Here's an APK without the cutscene. It only comes once anyway so you ain't missing much.

(I hope I can give ddl links like that, didn't see any rules against it, but still not too familiar with the site.)

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Sounds like my kinda game-- but no Mac port. Hey Dev, put one out there and I'll give it a shot. (Don't worry about it not being tested, Mac folks around here are completely used to that.)
Sent out a MAC version. Even if it ends up not being your cup of tea, I wouldn't be against you telling me if the thing works, as I have no way to test the thing.

Reactions: buff

Pepper121

Aug 3, 2019
Really like the overall aesthetic and tone. That sort of perfect blend of military sci-fi soft-realism with anime aesthetic.

Patiently waiting for more and I'd honestly love more content with this style, even an actual game. Would love to tool around forming a mercenary company or something like that.

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
Never had that problem, it kinda gets choppy at most, but I'm using an emulator to test it, so maybe that's why.
Here's an APK without the cutscene. It only comes once anyway so you ain't missing much.

Mega

(I hope I can give ddl links like that, didn't see any rules against it, but still not too familiar with the site.)
Oh sweet, I appreciate the help. I'll go and test it out right now.

Creeper81

Oct 16, 2022
I'm playing the Android version and can't get very far in the game because it starts to get choppy as soon as the choice to talk to the pilot or princess come up. Then the whole game, and my smart phone, bog down like it's swimming through cold syrup. I have to shut the whole thing down and reboot my smart phone.

The game looks fun and love the art, but if I can't play it, then there's no point on downloading it. Hopefully you can get the Android version less buggy.

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017

Mega

Is there another "ship preparing to warp" scene here?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Because it stayed frozen for a few seconds before crashing and sending me back to the home screen.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Because it stayed frozen for a few seconds before crashing and sending me back to the home screen.
That's not the case.

Mind sharing your devices's specs?
I'll try to roll out a version with small sized assets that should take less of a toll on phones. The thing peaks at 3GB of Vram consumption sometimes,so that's probably where the problems come from.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
That's not the case.

I'll try to roll out a version with small sized assets that should take less of a toll on phones. The thing peaks at 3GB of Vram consumption sometimes,so that's probably where the problems come from.
Try turning all png to jpegs. Even without reducing size of an images it could drop memory consumption significally.

labol

Mar 20, 2018
Hope this one can reach the [Completed] tag one day.Seems great from what I've seen so far

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
That's not the case.

I'm actually curious as to what's causing it to crash, since I'm not too much in the know about tech, but what I do know is that it's pretty high end. Only reason I haven't continued my upgrade streak from S20 to S21 to S22 is because of a lack of MicroSD slot starting from the S21. I can play all of the Noble Phantasms on FGO in all its graphic glory without any frame drops just fine.

EDIT: I noticed that you added a definitive android version a few minutes after this post. Will check.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
For Android Users

Added an apk that works on my old Huawei P10-lite from 2017 (4GB of Ram). Read through the entire game without crashes. (The cutscene lags like there's no tomorrow, but it does not cause a crash)
Takes 10 to 15 seconds to switch script for me, and while it does that, it freezes, so just lightly tap it a couple of times some seconds after the freeze, and it should work without problem.

Try to wait for the backgrounds to load too, though that ain't mandatory.

If it still doesn't work after that, then it's just that your phone can't run the Unity tools I use.

1.02 Apk

Oh and thanks a lot for the feedback Zero

Last edited:

Arcset

Nov 29, 2019
God damn some of the music is so nice. Is it original or is there somewhere i can find it because some of those tracks i want to fall asleep too.

4xx4

Dec 1, 2022
Honestly looks really good bro and I like where your head is at with the wholesome romance thing. That's a breath of fresh air. Definitely consider down the road making endings where you can settle down with one or multiple of the girls too.
Anyway keep up the lord's work man this looks and sounds very very promising.

Reactions: K2ill1
4.90 star(s) 20 Votes