4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Well, when it comes to Post-Modernism, self-parody quickly follows. So, maybe the Dev is actually breaking ground on a new trend, paroding Post-Modernism. There's quite literally no ending to the sheer nonsense those folks get into. It's nice that the "not for everyone" parts are optional, but i'm a bit worried that the Dev plans to get the MC to "learn and grow" , i have the opposite stance, it should be everyone else around him who should realise just how ridiculous their "philosophy" is and grow out of it.

Reactions: spicyotaku

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Well, when it comes to Post-Modernism, self-parody quickly follows. So, maybe the Dev is actually breaking ground on a new trend, paroding Post-Modernism. There's quite literally no ending to the sheer nonsense those folks get into. It's nice that the "not for everyone" parts are optional, but i'm a bit worried that the Dev plans to get the MC to "learn and grow" , i have the opposite stance, it should be everyone else around him who should realise just how ridiculous their "philosophy" is and grow out of it.
I appreciate your comments on the parody aspect.

This is where things get difficult. Previous individuals have expressed their desire to see some degree of acceptance where as some have expressed a more zero tolerance kind of stance. As such, I think it best if I let the game speak for itself. I do not wish to express my own personal views and possibly create a debate in the thread. It Is, as you're aware, a very current topic and tension is high around it.

All I will say is that he won't be such a dick at the end but neither will he be standing at the front of protest with a megaphone and waving a flag.

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
I wasn't suggesting either. Remember that Indian guy that couldn't get into Med School , and when he lied, and said he was Black, presto, he got in ? This VN is just an extension of that. I say, leave the people alone, but take as many potshots at the "ideas" as you possibly can. "Moralizat ridendo", it comes from Ancient Greece , Rome, you name it . I'm not calling on you to go full Brecht, just take the opportunity to have us in stitches with Golden Comedy material , of which Post-Modernism has an endless supply.

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
I have to admit that my first reaction when playing the game was to get annoyed. Some of my closest friends are trans and just reading the way the MC talked about gender stuff... oh boy, I wanted to kick him in the balls. But if you really are aiming at making this more than just a "fuck SJWs, amirite?"-game, you've got my full support. Just seeing how many comments in this thread have been more about SJWs than about your game is disheartening to me.
At least to me the terms SJWs and the LGBT community (even including vocal representatives/protesters) are not the same thing.
SJWs are people who want to stand in for a good cause and try to help give people outside the mainstream a voice, but overshoot the target on planetary scale.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Aug 14, 2017
FFS people throw around the term/abbrev 'SJW' so much that it's lost all meaning. Give it a rest already. SJW has now come to mean 'anyone who disagrees with me or argues for/against something'.

Also as a card carrying member of the LGBTQ community, please stop equating us with SJW by default. It's like saying all black folks love watermelon and fried chicken.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
FFS people throw around the term/abbrev 'SJW' so much that it's lost all meaning. Give it a rest already. SJW has now come to mean 'anyone who disagrees with me or argues for/against something'.

Also as a card carrying member of the LGBTQ community, please stop equating us with SJW by default. It's like saying all black folks love watermelon and fried chicken.
It's like being Vegan, people expect you to announce it every other second. A feminist to think absolutely everything is misogynist. Sadly a few people who go too far ruin it for everyone else and develop what soon becomes a stereotype that brands everyone included.

Your statement about being a card carrying LGBTQ member has peaked my interest. I understand the initial intro might have offended you. While I do not wish to offend anyone, the MC must be offensive for the story to develop as I have planned. I would love to hear your impression of the game as it develops over the timespan of its creation.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
So. 0.2 clocks at roughly five minutes. Even reading every line of dialogue. I can appreciate that this is an early build and that you work some obscene hours, but can you please make future updates a little bit bigger? There's work and cost gone into it so far, which I can appreciate. I love testing out new developers' works.

Rachel isn't an "in-your-face feminist", she's an out and out feminazi. Always assumes men are out to rape her and are the source of all evil in the world for some reason. <Insert name here> practically bullshat his way in and then Rachel practically says the principal is an idiot, which she kind of is. I love how it parodies gender terminology, that's some wicked humour. Hehe, had to laugh at "non-binary pangender entity with bigender tendancies." How the feck did you come up with that? Also, nice use of the term "Shite". I use that too.

Opening Scene: <Sister>: Not even you would be that cynical.
Dorm Scene: <Sister>: (Abridged) Welcome to College!
Erm... right. Sudden shift there.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
So. 0.2 clocks at roughly five minutes. Even reading every line of dialogue. I can appreciate that this is an early build and that you work some obscene hours, but can you please make future updates a little bit bigger? There's work and cost gone into it so far, which I can appreciate. I love testing out new developers' works.

Rachel isn't an "in-your-face feminist", she's an out and out feminazi. Always assumes men are out to rape her and are the source of all evil in the world for some reason. <Insert name here> practically bullshat his way in and then Rachel practically says the principal is an idiot, which she kind of is. I love how it parodies gender terminology, that's some wicked humour. Hehe, had to laugh at "non-binary pangender entity with bigender tendancies." How the feck did you come up with that? Also, nice use of the term "Shite". I use that too.

Opening Scene: <Sister>: Not even you would be that cynical.
Dorm Scene: <Sister>: (Abridged) Welcome to College!
Erm... right. Sudden shift there.
Regarding update size, I am trying to make them as large as I am able. Issues hindering this are, as you stated, my working hours (ranges between 60 to 84 hours a week depending on shift availability) and my desire to try and produce the best quality images I can. The most recent scene I've produced has not been sitting right with me and so I'm in the process of doing it again.

So far, since 26th Sept, another 16 scene images and 143 lines of code have been added. Some character avatars have been added too but still require further work. If you round that up to 10 days, that means that I'll hopefully manage roughly 48 images to each monthly update at this rate.

poopybull

Jun 8, 2017
This has a lot of potential, great idea and I am impressed by this dev
You have my respect and interest and I hope you take your time on this project, don't prioritize it over your obligations yea

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
This version is too short for me. I wonder which version will have 30 to 60 minutes of gaming?
I'm sorry, it's just the start to give people an idea of what I'm doing and to see if there is interest for it. This may only be 5 minutes of gameplay but it is a months worth of work as my spare time is very limited. If you are not wishing to play until such a time as it is 30 minutes or longer then I would strongly suggest trying again in 3 months or so. If I'm dropping a version every month, that'll be around version 0.04 onwards. I can't do much better just now I'm afraid.

I'll look forward to seeing you then!

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
I'm sorry, it's just the start to give people an idea of what I'm doing and to see if there is interest for it. This may only be 5 minutes of gameplay but it is a months worth of work as my spare time is very limited. If you are not wishing to play until such a time as it is 30 minutes or longer then I would strongly suggest trying again in 3 months or so. If I'm dropping a version every month, that'll be around version 0.04 onwards. I can't do much better just now I'm afraid.

I'll look forward to seeing you then!
Hey, no worries, i rather wait and get a nice update, that see it "rushed to order". Besides, pirates don't get to complain , right ? We can give you a honest feedback, but that's it.

Reactions: mastacheata

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hey, no worries, i rather wait and get a nice update, that see it "rushed to order". Besides, pirates don't get to complain , right ? We can give you a honest feedback, but that's it.
Not really "pirates" as such. I may have a Patreon up but that's to help me out and assist in producing content quicker. The game will always be free in the end (every version free after 2 weeks) and I've openly stated that if, during a patron only release schedule, the latest version is leaked then I'll update the post here to represent that. This website, hell, this community has given me hours upon hours of free content, mods and cheats over the past few months. I can't very well turn around and say the rules are different for this game simply because it's mine and there's really no point placing copyright strikes on releases of a game that will be free anyway.

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Not really "pirates" as such. I may have a Patreon up but that's to help me out and assist in producing content quicker. The game will always be free in the end (every version free after 2 weeks) and I've openly stated that if, during a patron only release schedule, the latest version is leaked then I'll update the post here to represent that. This website, hell, this community has given me hours upon hours of free content, mods and cheats over the past few months. I can't very well turn around and say the rules are different for this game simply because it's mine and there's really no point placing copyright strikes on releases of a game that will be free anyway.
You're right, but wasn't really my point. It's about making demands. "it's taking too long" ; " put this, take out that ". We can give you a no bs acessment, "hey, i liked this, i disliked that and here's why " but we don't have the right to tell you what to do. Whereas a Patreon can always say "i would support you more IF ...", or "i will withdraw support IF...", it's a very different relationship. What i was saying, in a nutshell, was just CHILL, man. You're doing fine, and we'll wait for as long as it takes. No worries. Peace !

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
TL;DR version below.

Quick update. The inferiority of my graphics card is starting to really show. Shadows and dark areas in a new scene are really taxing the system. Add that to object intensive rendering and you have 6 to 8 hours rendering per scene with a slightly grainy outcome and limited detail for distant objects.
The resulting images are fine for phones and small monitors but leave something to be desired for larger, more advanced screens. As such, I am unhappy with them.
I was making the effort to try rendering images in layers to reduce stress but that's lengthening development time considerably. This is obviously undesirable for all involved as it means it will take an age for the story to get started properly.
I have, therefore, decided to put my OCD aside and accept what I believe to be "reasonable" results from my system in an effort to progress the game. All scenes are being saved in the event that I may be able to upgrade my system and develop better results in future and replace them.

TL;DR
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Thornhill

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
If you want to send the assets my way I can do the renders on my OC'ed GTX 1070 It can do 1080P or 1440P Renders in daz also I'm a Patron of yours

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If you want to send the assets my way I can do the renders on my OC'ed GTX 1070 It can do 1080P or 1440P Renders in daz also I'm a Patron of yours
Thank you very much! As per the conversation on Patreon, I would be very grateful for your assistance and shall look in to getting the appropriate assets collected for you. I am working this weekend but have a day off on Monday. I'll hopefully have something for you before then but by Monday would be a safe bet.

I look forward to working with you.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote