Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
I played this awhile back regularly and had built up a strong deck back then but Victorius has since nerfed a number of those cards I use to use.

I use to never utilize any card that had a negative/positive impact on both the PC and enemies but many of the cards do exactly that now.

If you had to choose between the following three cards, which would you choose and why? 20241007_171648.jpg

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
What exactly does the Devil's Call status effect have? Is it supposed to call the Devil to appear in our dreams like it randomly can do because I used it and it is showing as an active Status Effect but the Devil didn't show up in my dreams that same night I used it?

Does the Devil just show up randomly whenever it wants when sleeping overnight or does it possibly show up during battles/fights with enemies or what exactly?
Whenever you get your next bad dream. You can use the restless powder to guarantee a dream, most dreams are bad.

does anyone else's insatiable hunger card just not give life steal or am i missing something for it to activate?
It does give lifesteal, you just didn't do the math. Think about how much damage you need to deal in order to get any hp back. 1 / 0.05 = 20. So you need a card that deals at least that much. But the card also gives you "weak", reducing your damage by half. So double that for two turns.

I played this awhile back regularly and had built up a strong deck back then but Victorius has since nerfed a number of those cards I use to use.

I use to never utilize any card that had a negative/positive impact on both the PC and enemies but many of the cards do exactly that now.

If you had to choose between the following three cards, which would you choose and why?
They're all useless. I can't imagine a situation when any of those would help, even assuming I could draw them whenever I want. You can do more with less energy spent. In fact, all purple cards are useless.

All this being said, if the dev actually wants to make any progress, I would suggest not to worry about combat balance but actual story and content. Balancing all of the cards would take a very long time.

Chaos_123

Apr 30, 2024
i applied the patch, now i'm getting another bug when i try using some tarot card. this one was using the hermit, but also happened with the one that reduces corruption

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
So I'm back up to the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and one of the responses can lead to
later. If you don't choose
as an answer during this part, are you locked out of her being able to perform them later?

One of the other responses increases Mina's trust and it seems like there aren't that many opportunities to raise her trust so I'm kind of divided which one I should choose between?

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
If you don't choose
as an answer during this part, are you locked out of her being able to perform them later?
No (check replay menu for all scenes and how to get them), and
it seems like there aren't that many opportunities to raise her trust?
what??
1728376136178.png
It's literally the first conversation option man... you can get infinite trust.

Reactions: Game Lord

Forgotted

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2020
i applied the patch, now i'm getting another bug when i try using some tarot card. this one was using the hermit, but also happened with the one that reduces corruption
Sorry, I don't know.
This was w a new game, right? I don't guess I've seen the hermit card. Where did you
get that one?

Supposedly the dev is going to issue another patch or update in December so maybe
if you can just ignore/skip it until then?

On the other hand, don't hold your breath for the update, he's said stuff like that before and then
disappeared. Hopefully not this time.

Best of Luck

Sep 23, 2021

If you had to choose between the following three cards, which would you choose and why? View attachment 4110130
You probably chose already, but as with any other deck builder, I'm pretty sure there are ways to make it work. Better card aside, anyone who can't imagine a situation when any of those would help, even assuming they could draw them whenever they want, obviously don't play card game. Now, going off of version 0.2.4 (with all the bugs I'm hearing about 0.3, I'll pass this time, +more content to look forward to):
- Madness: +STR to both side.
- Despair: Weak on both side, stun enemies.
- Aharon: true dmg to all

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Is there no negative results from losing the bandit battle

I know many were upset and complained they didn't like how we lost all our cards (and stuff?) but being killed by him just now, it seems like there are no negative repercussions occurring at this point. Is that actually the case and we don't lose anything afterwards now?

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
it looked interesting until I saw that you have to fight using cards like these. Is this like TCG games like Magic cards, Pokemon and others? If so, sorry I'll pass because, I never know which cards to use. It's boring and too complicating to me.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Is there no negative results from losing the bandit battle

I know many were upset and complained they didn't like how we lost all our cards (and stuff?) but being killed by him just now, it seems like there are no negative repercussions occurring at this point. Is that actually the case and we don't lose anything afterwards now?
No, that's actually scripted. It's a couple of battles in a row and if you win all of them you're still getting that event. Not 100% sure, but i think the event plays out a little differently (you get stabbed while catching your breath after having killed all his minions), so with the outcome being set i think that battle is the exception.

As an aside, when Kiara asks to kill you to study your resurrection ability, it's an intelligence check to have her keep your stuff safe, so that's how you can prevent losing stuff from that, apparently.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
No, that's actually scripted. It's a couple of battles in a row and if you win all of them you're still getting that event. Not 100% sure, but i think the event plays out a little differently (you get stabbed while catching your breath after having killed all his minions), so with the outcome being set i think that battle is the exception.

As an aside, when Kiara asks to kill you to study your resurrection ability, it's an intelligence check to have her keep your stuff safe, so that's how you can prevent losing stuff from that, apparently.
Oh yeah, I knew it was scripted but a couple years back, it used to be where even if you defeated all the mobs, you would be
like you said because it was scripted to occur and then lose all your cards as a result of dying and most players flipped out over this with a number of players even quitting playing the game altogether out of frustration because of this event.

I know that Victorius had mentioned he would change it up but I didn't think it would change to where we wouldn't lose anything as a result. Was expecting to lose some items in our inventory at minimum but there doesn't seem to be any losses occurring now. Just found that interesting that it went from one extreme end of the spectrum (losing cards) to the other end (losing nothing) after seeing how it plays out now is all.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Okay, what gives? I'll save after a fight when the screen shows Victory. Now most of the time if I am to reload that save, the enemies are back alive. Here and there though, if I reload these same type saves (after winning and having saved when the Victory is displayed on the screen,) the save will keep it as me having defeated the enemies from that battle.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why it saves them the same way but when loading them back up, sometimes the fight is over and other times the enemies are still alive.

Anyone have any idea how this part works exactly?
Screenshot_20241008-175411_Astral Lust.jpg

Chaos_123

Apr 30, 2024
Sorry, I don't know.
This was w a new game, right? I don't guess I've seen the hermit card. Where did you
get that one?

Supposedly the dev is going to issue another patch or update in December so maybe
if you can just ignore/skip it until then?

On the other hand, don't hold your breath for the update, he's said stuff like that before and then
disappeared. Hopefully not this time.

Best of Luck
I got from the strange seller in the library, he sells tarot cards, was with the game that i was already playing before patch, dunno if its related. I'm already playing some other games, i liked the idea of the game, never seen a cosmic horror h game before, and i got quite the liking for card games these past years.

Reactions: Forgotted

my_hentai

Jan 12, 2019
all the progress I made was for nothing :-(. Error below occures when I play the game (sometimes after a fight or just after sleepig) and the worst part...it occures, when I try to save:

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'code'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.code failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4543, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1179, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1403, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 281, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1142, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1075, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 372, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 379, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 427, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 413, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 51, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'code'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.code failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
Astral Lust 0.3.0
Wed Oct  9 04:43:15 2024
[/CODE]

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
all the progress I made was for nothing :-(. Error below occures when I play the game (sometimes after a fight or just after sleepig) and the worst part...it occures, when I try to save:

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4543, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1403, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 281, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1142, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1075, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 372, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 379, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 427, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 413, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 51, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, PROTOCOL)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
Astral Lust 0.3.0
Wed Oct  9 04:43:15 2024
[/CODE]
Are you playing 3.0c or have the patch installed on 3.0 this is patch
https://f95zone.to/masked/mega.nz/7...dlfZKHbWRbGkANSHzMJPTFbFJENRMTA4S9FWuMapCqWx8

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes