my_hentai

Jan 12, 2019
seems that it works, at least the saving was ok.

Another issue...not the game per se: Does everyone has the issue, that loading takes longer and longer? I read a few topics on reddit and others. Seems, that the problem is a general issue with RenPy these days. Just annoying.

my_hentai

Jan 12, 2019
:unsure: I have had no crash at all yet, who are you fighting when you get the crash, did you start new or from end of 2.4
From the end of 0.2.4 and the foes vary. I could nail it down to some cards now...any card that could lead to a sacrify ("judgement" the most) leads to the error. Mostly when I play them the second or third time in a fight, almost never if I use them as first.

Reactions: wookie ookie

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
The bandit battle that takes place when you explore outside and find the Slums location, there are three males and one female bandit for this encounter.

If you defeat the female last, can you rape her or is it scripted for the bandit leader scene to always play out for this encounter?

tamakool

Sep 12, 2020
where did you get the snipe card?
Also can someone enlighten me on the areas you can currently get the map pieces? according to the hint I need to farm slums for the last piece I need?

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
I have a bit of a strange question: what did you name your dog? (Personally, I don’t like giving random names.)

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
whats the point of summons if half the time u cant use them? (no space)
edit
i cheesed the dragon and he has no rewards

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hopefully the last of my newbie questions:

I don't think I get how card evolution works. It happened once or twice, but I keep choosing the same cards and there doesn't seem to be any change. Is it just a very rare random occurrence?

I see the same cards as rewards all the time. Lots of Flurry and Bulletstorm. Some Slice and Devour. There are lots of types of cards I've never seen. For example, the only healing effect card I've found is Devour. Is the RNGesus just being mean or is there a rhyme and reason I have not fathomed? I'm basically capable of fighting Strong opponents but not Powerful. I've opened all exploration areas on the map but have not invested much in training at the Dojo if that matters.

How does one store cards in the vault? The interface defaults to inventory and I can't find a control that swaps to cards.

I've collected a fair number of keys, but have never found anything locked. Is that stuff late-game content or am I missing something?

Alice's plot line granted me a single mysterious coin. Woohoo. Are there others or is the Library trader a single choice?

I think that's it for now.

Qatalitoniss

Nov 8, 2019
I really enjoyed the game, but the card battle mechanics feel somewhat disconnected from the narrative. The mechanics behind weapon and defense cards are understandable, but how does the protagonist gain a bite ability that restores HP after killing certain monsters? If we treat this as a purely mechanical feature, it's easy to overlook, but it could be integrated into the story with just a bit of effort. For example, in the first training battle with a werewolf, after defeating it, the hero could gain a bite ability card, expressing surprise in dialogue at the newfound power. You could even mention in the story that by killing monsters, the protagonist absorbs some of their strength, and voilà—the card mechanics would feel more integrated into the game's narrative.

Personally, I would prefer future updates to focus on refining the mechanics rather than adding more to the story. Currently, card progression seems broken. The experience gained for cards isn’t saved properly. For example, if you level a card from level 1 with 0 XP to 1 XP and then save/reload the game, the XP resets to 0. However, this bug also allows for cheating. In Ren'Py games, you can rewind the story by scrolling the mouse wheel up. So, after a battle, if you get a duplicate card, you can rewind time to before the fight, replay it (making sure to win in the same number of turns so the same cards drop), and select the same card to level it up to next level. But you can't rewind back if you got the card for the first time or upgrade it to the next lvl. The same exploit works for purchases or upgrades at the forge—buy a card, rewind, and buy it again. For these manipulation to work, it's best to save/load before them. Consumable cards that lose a level after use are also not functioning as intended. For instance, if you use a level 3 Bulletproof Vest card, it should drop to level 2 with 1 XP, but if you save and reload, the card resets back to level 3.

It would also be nice if consumable cards could be locked at their maximum level or made cheaper to level up again, as using them in battle and then re-leveling them feels too costly in terms of resources. The mechanic of storing cards in the stash and losing them after defeat is only mentioned during the tutorial but isn’t actually applied in the game. Personally, I like this better—it wouldn’t be fun to lose all your upgraded cards if you're defeated in the story. However, if this mechanic is added, it might make sense to lose weapon cards but keep ability cards. For example, learning a combat skill from a master and then losing it after dying doesn’t seem logical.

Lastly, I wanted to mention the events related to resource gathering and combat. It would be great if visiting a location filled up a familiarity/exploration bar, and once it’s fully leveled, you could search for specific events or monsters in that area. That way, if I wanted to encounter a trader again, I wouldn't have to abuse save/loading to trigger the event. Similarly, if I’m looking to fight certain enemies (like powered-up cultists), I could go to a specific location and search for them, instead of choosing the 'search for difficult enemies' option and abusing save/loading again.

Last edited:

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
where did you get the snipe card?
Also can someone enlighten me on the areas you can currently get the map pieces? according to the hint I need to farm slums for the last piece I need?
I got mine from Alice requesting her battle items Task menu option IIRC. Couple of grenades and Bulletproof Vest as well from her so far.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes