pervikar

Oct 2, 2021
Every Renpy made game can run on a potato.

If you didn't experience any problems with previous versions of Ataegina, it's probably not a hardware related problem.
But this version use newer 7.4x RenPy, it happened with Dreams of desire final too although I could play older version without problems.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
But this version use newer 7.4x RenPy, it happened with Dreams of desire final too although I could play older version without problems.
To me it looks like some setting or settings in the Renderer engine part of RenPy. Most times you can set the Render settings to 'Angle' to get around it - sometimes not! So while it may or may not be a hardware thing - it IS a RenPy thing that will get worse and worse as time goes on.
I devised my slash and burn method while writing a VN myself and needing to use the old laptop - understanding how RenPy structures stuff made the choice easy - and it worked! One does what one needs to do! ;)

Reactions: pervikar

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If RenPy games have issues there is also a good chance that you suffer consequences for an outdated graphic card driver

pervikar

Oct 2, 2021
To me it looks like some setting or settings in the Renderer engine part of RenPy. Most times you can set the Render settings to 'Angle' to get around it - sometimes not! So while it may or may not be a hardware thing - it IS a RenPy thing that will get worse and worse as time goes on.
I devised my slash and burn method while writing a VN myself and needing to use the old laptop - understanding how RenPy structures stuff made the choice easy - and it worked! One does what one needs to do! ;)
And I salute your ingenuity. (y)

pervikar

Oct 2, 2021
This update was absolutely savage! Isi is the best drinking buddy you can imagine and I adore Katla even more. I really like her line of thinking. Princess is so beautiful with her long hair and I doubled over with laughter when I saw interrogation skills of Boagrius. Fantastic women, great humor and epic battles, is this game can be any better?

Reactions: Kthulian

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
newer renpy caused quite a bit problems since it required more on hardware etc.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

If you didn't experience any problems with previous versions of Ataegina, it's probably not a hardware related problem.
Newer versions of Ren'py require more resources.

Software development is moving on from 32 bit slowly, it's being phased out so systems that can only run 32 bit are starting to struggle with newer versions.

pervikar

Oct 2, 2021
Newer versions of Ren'py require more resources.

Software development is moving on from 32 bit slowly, it's being phased out so systems that can only run 32 bit are starting to struggle with newer versions.
Granted that, but my system was upgraded from 32 bit to 64. One more curious thing, some games which I can't play on newest Ren'Py are perfectly playable online, on various game sites with internet browsers.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Granted that, but my system was upgraded from 32 bit to 64. One more curious thing, some games which I can't play on newest Ren'Py are perfectly playable online, on various game sites with internet browsers.
Given that most resources from an online source are delivered by the site you are playing on that's not curious at all

Lazerpunk123

Mar 19, 2021
Please make in next update that MC finnaly can have dragon, like able to fly on him, like Anya and Bredita.
Story and all is great but come on, he beat up Greed and before that Gluttony but cant tame the dragon.

Reactions: Legend 123

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Zephea you are greatest genius I had pleasure to encounter on this board! Good luck that I upgraded my Win 7 on 64 about 2 years ago so I copied Ataegina's 0.6.7 game folder to Romancing the kingdom 1.0 which I didn't played yet, just turned on once to see if it works. And your suggestion works! You have my undying gratitude. I'm still curious why some versions of 7.4 RENPY work and some don't on my PC but right now I'm off to see Isa posthaste! Thank you so much one more time!
Awesome that you managed to have it working, for next updates I'll try to have a "drop on previous version folder" update, then you (And whoever needs to) just drops the new files in the old folder.

If you have some (slightly) older versions of games that still work - one last thing you can try:
- Copy one entire folder for a game that still works and make a new copy of it.
- Go into this new folder and remove all the contents of the game folder
- Copy all the content from the newest Ataegina/game folder into this now empty game folder
- Try to restart the game.
- This works best with a fresh copy of the game that has never been played or run. Also, if the Ataegina author used functions/options only available in the new version you may still have problems. Worth a try though.

I have had this work on an older Win7 laptop I have and it let me play quite a few of the games. My Win7 is 64 bit though - so good luck and wish you luck! :>)
Thanks for helping a fellow player, you're cool ;)

It can be, since Ataegina new version is based on a different version of Renpy, it doesn't help when your hardware is really outdated.

He needs to do the quest for the dragon before he'll be able to ask for it's help.
Glad to see you manage to have the "Saves" working :D

Cheers all, thank you for your continued interest and support!

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes