MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
Well, the dev here is not SeptCloud, you never mentioned which tags you found controversial, and you never provided any context to show why you felt the dev had failed to clarify the tags for which you want answers. It would seem so far the only lack of clarity is from you. ;);)
You are not wrong on any point, but I was purposefully vague. Although, if someone were curious, I provided enough information to quickly determine what I was referring to. Judging from your previous posts on the subject, though, I'm fairly confident you know what tag I'm referring to. Cheers. ;) ;) ;)

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Aah, if only every user bothered to read and understand what the tags are actually used for, life would be grand.

If you want to know what the tags mean, it's not up to the dev to provide definitions for you.
It's up to you to read the site's definitions, then you'd explicitly know what they represent when applied.
not that those are necessarily right.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
not that those are necessarily right.
Yes they are, for use on this site they are exactly right.

They might differ from peope's personal understanding, or external definitions, but that's precisely why people need to read the rules to see how/why those tags are applied on this site, instead of just assuming it's used how they expect.
That way, they can understand what to expect when they see a tag & not go screaming blue murder because they got surprised by something.

Reactions: sava75

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
i meant game content wise, for example tags include ntr but no ntr in game.
That's a dev not following the rules.
Tags are only to be applied for content which is currently in the game that matches the tag definition.
If you see a game with incorrect tags, can you report it to get them cleaned up?

In the circumstance you describe, they might well have content which is close to the line, so apply the tag to prevent thread meltdown from raging members.
Of course, you also then face a backlash from people who enjoy NTR and came to the game because it had the tag, but were disappointed.

That's why the tags have specific definitions, to prevent either side expecting something they shouldn't.
But people need to read them first.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
Aah, if only every user bothered to read and understand what the tags are actually used for, life would be grand.

If you want to know what the tags mean, it's not up to the dev to provide definitions for you.
It's up to you to read the site's definitions, then you'd explicitly know what they represent when applied.
You are absolutely right! Life would be grand if that were the case. Fortunately, I already know and fully understand how the tag is defined for both Patreon and this site, and why devs/site staff add the tag to games that include these broadly defined elements.
And I say broadly, because I think we can all agree that, while technically correct, some of the alternate definitions of incest (clear enough?) do not align with what the users filtering for that tag here on this site are looking for. Hence, a quick dev note clarifying how it's applied in their game would be nice... and not too much to politely ask for IMHO. Just my (less cheekily vague) .02 cents.

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
while technically correct, some of the alternate definitions of incest (clear enough?) do not align with what the users filtering for that tag here on this site are looking for. Hence, a quick dev note clarifying how it's applied in their game would be nice
THANK YOU! FFS, that's all I was saying. Assuming "you know what tag I mean" is asinine and being more specific is "not too much to politely ask for" by everyone not inside your head. Holy shit, you couldn't just have said this in the first place instead of expecting everyone to read your mind? It's not our job to decipher intent from something as generic as "tag" to understand you mean incest specifically. Are you this "mysterious" IRL? You must be fun at parties. SMH.

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
There is no need for a dev to give an explanation for why they applied the tag.
The rules specifically define why the tag is applied.
It's not on the dev, it's on all members to read & comprehend the rules.
What you're asking for is effectively extra work for the dev, to cater for ignorance.
I didn't say there was a need for the dev to give an explanation, nor did I imply that they should feel obligated to do so. I said it would be nice if they did.
I mean, when I see the Vaginal Sex tag, I don't have to wonder what that means, so I don't hesitate to download a game because it has that tag, nor do I need to search through all the potential spoilers trying to find out exactly what kind of vaginal sex is actually in the game. That's the difference. When I see the incest tag, I have to take those things into consideration.
Which is fine, but I do appreciate it when a dev takes a minute or 2 to add a brief dev note that more clearly defines incest as it relates specifically to their game.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't say there was a need for the dev to give an explanation, nor did I imply that they should feel obligated to do so. I said it would be nice if they did.
OK, you're still not grasping the premise.
No need = there is nothing to be gained by the dev putting the definition there.
The definition will need to match what the rule's definition is, otherwise the tag cannot legitimately be applied on this site.
So, if you're confused by what a tag might mean, or the circumstances under which it can be applied, just read the rules.
The site's definitions are all that you need.

The incest tag is not ambiguous, in any way. The conditions under which it can be applied are clearly stated.
Any family member, not necessarily blood-related. Step\foster\adopted\spouses of blood uncles & aunts.
All qualify for the incest tag.
If you want to know whether it's strictly blood-related in the game, then just use thread search, or ask.

Again, what you're saying "it would be nice to have" just amounts to extra work for the dev in order to cater for user ignorance, or laziness.
I consider that unreasonable, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: MythMackay

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
That's a dev not following the rules.
Tags are only to be applied for content which is currently in the game that matches the tag definition.
If you see a game with incorrect tags, can you report it to get them cleaned up?

In the circumstance you describe, they might well have content which is close to the line, so apply the tag to prevent thread meltdown from raging members.
Of course, you also then face a backlash from people who enjoy NTR and came to the game because it had the tag, but were disappointed.

That's why the tags have specific definitions, to prevent either side expecting something they shouldn't.
But people need to read them first.
It's not always Devs that apply Tags... Mods do so by user reports aswell... and there are several games where "cheating" or "Groupsex" have been confused as "NTR".
Again, what you're saying "it would be nice to have" just amounts to extra work for the dev in order to cater for user ignorance, or laziness.
I consider that unreasonable, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
To be fair Devs have come around to atleast closer define some Tag content.. again mainly the NTR is defined (normally as un/avoidable)

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
To be fair Devs have come around to atleast closer define some Tag content.. again mainly the NTR is defined (normally as un/avoidable)
Fair point. The avoidable option doesn't have any tag identification, I fully agree that placing that information in the OP is helpful to users in narrowing down their search results.
I think that's definitely a flaw with the available tags, not giving the option to specify "avoidable" content types.

NisH12

Aug 10, 2018
Is there any sex scene with Anya till now or not because someone commented here that ''finally we have sex with her"
Did I miss something??

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is there any sex scene with Anya till now or not because someone commented here that ''finally we have sex with her"
Did I miss something??
yes there is sex with headmage. not that her name is anya.

Reactions: NisH12

NisH12

Aug 10, 2018
Hello,can anyone please help me i have started to play part 2 again from starting but i cannot increase my love points for archmage or get her scene whichever option i select when talking to her.please can somebody tell me what I did wrong?

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes