wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I played just this update . Didn't go back and replay from the begining. It was short but i'm sure that is because you went back and made all the changes you did. The new Mida looks a lot better than the old one. :)
I didn't make any changes to my path because I was at 8 on the good side. I noticed something that i'm sure has been discussed already but my memory is not the best sometimes. I have 3 red hearts for Mida and 2 black ones. Is this because of choices I made with her and what are the effects of these numbers ?
The only thing I seen that might help in the game is if there was end of update warning before the final page. My last save from the update before this one was the end of the update screen. When i tried to use my mouse wheel to roll it back a little to start the new update I got an error message. I clicked on roll back and it worked fine . So its not really a big deal .

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
But sir I didn't knew that the init function loaded in first place even if you already had a save after that part.
I have to test it, thank you so much, that helps more than you think
Yes any variables placed in an "init" or "init python" block initialize, or are defined when the game launches. They however, are not saved with the save file unless the are changed in the code, ex: $ aynacorr += 2. The game will then save that variable in the save file for the next load. I don't write a lot of code for games, but when I do I normally try to put my variables in an "init" block just to make sure the variable is defined in the code when the user encounters it so that it will not throw an error. It's also my OCD to have the variables in the same place for easy reference.

You can put an init block really anywhere in the file, best practice is to put it at the beginning so it is easier for you to find. You can place one in each new file that you add to the game if you want to.

Just for reference Kthulian I will place my save file that was breaking the game down below if you want to test it in the original release for reference.

Edit: Well, for some reason it's not allowing me to attach a file.

Last edited:

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
(The reason I don't like single path games.) Everyone thinks that they will get more content if you spend your time on just a single path in the game. But if the update is is not about the path your on then you get nothing and you have to wait for the next update. Hoping it will be about the path you on. Just my thoughts.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
But if the update is is not about the path your on then you get nothing and you have to wait for the next update. Hoping it will be about the path you on. Just my thoughts.
I agree, thats why I voted for updates on all 3 paths. A compromise could be an asymmetric updating, like a 60% /20% /20% splitting.

On the other hand, players could also play the 3 paths parallely and save accordingly in 3 sections.
Is next update evil, then you load the last evil save and play the next step. ...

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
just fyi, i've updated my of Ataegina V0.2.6N.beta.

regarding the variables topic, i personally wouldn't declare variables somewhere inside the actual script. use default for variables and define for constants and put these lines somewhere central or in a separate file. both statements are executed in the init phase and you have no trouble that some variables might only be declared in 1 branch of a playthrough and not in another. yes and you also have no problems with save files, use a versioning system and update your vars/objects in the after_load label.

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I agree, thats why I voted for updates on all 3 paths. A compromise could be an asymmetric updating, like a 60% /20% /20% splitting.

On the other hand, players could also play the 3 paths parallely and save accordingly in 3 sections.
Is next update evil, then you load the last evil save and play the next step. ...
I agree.
The thing about polls is the majority wins. Some of the minority will be upset and a chance that a few will walk away from the game. The next vote some of the ones that was in the majority this time will be in the minority next time . Some of them will walk away. This ends up hurting the DEV. and the game. If they where no polls . The DEV. would read the comments and if he seen something that someone suggested in a comment . That he thought was a good idea and would help the game and he included it. Everyone would be happy. Everyone started playing this game because they liked what the DEV. was doing. (I'm not complaining just expressing my thoughts.) I like the game and the DEV.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... what kind of NTR is it? I played the game before a while back, don't remember seeing any?
I also do not remember any. But may be some ppl have different understandings of these 3 letters.

... Mida, so beautifull, was shocked ;)

(Face, Eyes.... just gorgeous. Only the hair could be reworked some day imo.) I would say, it was worth to rework the 111 scenes ... omg ... Mida new.jpg

Last edited:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
WTF? I can't leave for a couple of hours :LOL: let me try to answer all what was talked about

I played just this update . Didn't go back and replay from the begining. It was short but i'm sure that is because you went back and made all the changes you did. The new Mida looks a lot better than the old one. :)
I didn't make any changes to my path because I was at 8 on the good side. I noticed something that i'm sure has been discussed already but my memory is not the best sometimes. I have 3 red hearts for Mida and 2 black ones. Is this because of choices I made with her and what are the effects of these numbers ?
The only thing I seen that might help in the game is if there was end of update warning before the final page. My last save from the update before this one was the end of the update screen. When i tried to use my mouse wheel to roll it back a little to start the new update I got an error message. I clicked on roll back and it worked fine . So its not really a big deal .
(The reason I don't like single path games.) Everyone thinks that they will get more content if you spend your time on just a single path in the game. But if the update is is not about the path your on then you get nothing and you have to wait for the next update. Hoping it will be about the path you on. Just my thoughts.
I agree.
The thing about polls is the majority wins. Some of the minority will be upset and a chance that a few will walk away from the game. The next vote some of the ones that was in the majority this time will be in the minority next time . Some of them will walk away. This ends up hurting the DEV. and the game. If they where no polls . The DEV. would read the comments and if he seen something that someone suggested in a comment . That he thought was a good idea and would help the game and he included it. Everyone would be happy. Everyone started playing this game because they liked what the DEV. was doing. (I'm not complaining just expressing my thoughts.) I like the game and the DEV.
Well, I value your opinions a lot, since you guys are some of the ones that help me regularly and I will consider doing things my way after I release the remaining good and evil path.

When I first created the Poll I was unsure, because people will always want the path they like the most and the path being developed may not be what you were expecting. There is also the problem of the side story, you already know what is happening on Irokumata, Nagatashi, Slayers, Orcs etc just from playing the neutral path, and when those things reapear on the other paths it won't be a surprise.
There are also good sides, everyone gets the time to experience each path at a time with path updates.

With that being said what do you guys think is about to happen in the "world"? Any suprises nice/bad so far?

Last edited:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
i started new to avoid any derp..no a bother for me when the renders delight my optical boners so well...this time though..decided to go all out evil..see where it lead...LOL
How dare you?! I though you were one of the good guys!

I also do not remember any. But may be some ppl have different understandings of these 3 letters.

... Mida, so beautifull, was shocked ;)

(Face, Eyes.... just gorgeous. Only the hair could be reworked some day imo.) I would say, it was worth to rework the 111 scenes ... omg ... View attachment 312961
Thank God, It sure took a lot of effort :p

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes